[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest serega_22rus

hi guys.need help.i installed beta 2 to sdcard 2 gb.one partition fat32 second ext4.droid can't see my sdcard.i try everthing.in terminal i find part and check my init.rc.so we got this op5 mount...../sdcard.1p2 mount....../sd.1p5 mount...../storage.but in terminal was op1 and 0p6.what i must do?i need sdcard in droid.please help.sorry for bad english

Hi Voyteckst,

I am a doctor and was recently in hospital for a surgery with other doctors, commenting on his work on Android.

In the medical field for being too lay adhere to almost all Apple products and few know Android. For his work I became a true "poster boy" of Android, so soon to buy a Galaxy S2 but keep in Froyo Omnia 2 I will now my girlfriend!

I wonder if someone with her ​​talent as well as other programmers working in the field of IT and technology make these compilations or for pure love of learning and e by the shared spirit!

I think a talent like his and other developers should be valued and paid well! Just a personal curiosity: you work with my friend? B)

hello, i'm newbie here... i've installed android on my omnia 2 succesfully, and then my memory (sdcard) was unmounted. i read the tutorial about that, by replace init.rc and something like that using root explorer... first, how can i have the root explorer on my phone? actually i saw /init.rc and /etc/vold.fstab when i browse with file manager but i have no idea about how to get the root explorer. or can i just replace the /init.rc and /etc/vold.fstab without using root explorer?? big thanks before! i hope someone can help me about this, so confused -_- hahahaha thanks!

Guest NehomarC

following line

try opening init.rc. Look for the following line mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage.

You need to change it to mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage (please experts correct me if I'm wrong)

perfect! I works well, thanks for the help :D

Completely reinstalled and it is happening that I never saw a bug: I make no connection is immediately closed and did not receive calls or SMS, while the network is active and configured APNs ...

The most curious thing ... the transit of data across the internet works normally but does not make / receive calls or sms!

It is reported bug? Have a solution for this?

edit: I just saw in previous posts that several colleagues have the same problem, probably related to the IMEI.

We need help to unlock these IMEI to the provider actually see us because we are probably blocking the IMEI be all zeros!

The problem occurs with me from saturday ... so since our Froyo is unusable ... need a patch please Devs

Edited by Thor2

Completely reinstalled and it is happening that I never saw a bug: I make no connection is immediately closed and did not receive calls or SMS, while the network is active and configured APNs ...

The most curious thing ... the transit of data across the internet works normally but does not make / receive calls or sms!

I have same problem :angry:

edit: I just saw in previous posts that several colleagues have the same problem, probably related to the IMEI.

We need help to unlock these IMEI to the provider actually see us because we are probably blocking the IMEI be all zeros!

The problem occurs with me from saturday ... so since our Froyo is unusable ... need a patch please Devs

I have same problem :angry:

Maybe you guys should post output from "logcat -b radio" here, maybe "dmesg" output.

(strongly suggest you attach it as .txt files)

With the output of that the devs can analyse what goes wrong, as they are not able to reproduce it.

Remember, they wrote the code, so they can analyse info from debug output (dmesg and logcat) fast because they know what the expected output should be.

(with all respect, but I think devs can analyse faster from facts from logs than they can interpret what goes wrong according your experience)

Edited by erikcas

Not only I have the exact same problem but IT STARTED EXACTLY ON SATURDAY TOO!!! Any bizarre automatic updates going on on saturday?

Here, with Vodafone Spain:

Calls ok

Wifi ok

SOD ok 0

Battery ok

USB ok

Now the bads news :(

3G not work

2G not work

IMEI 00000000

No sim read sms/contacts

Cant select/search other phone operator, in the search retrieve error

Some games graph errors

For me the great advantage over WinMo are some apps like whatsapp, google maps, etc. but without working 3G Data... cant imagine searching a open wifi in the street whenever I need to do something.. xD

And I'm not disregarding the work of programmers, I´m totally grateful for their hard work.

Edited by LuisGTF

Voyteckst,

think there is a problem with tweak.sh

Managed to get the kernel work on B7610, with some oII modules, and phonepart, phone and data working. (and read my correct imei) . Cam and vib not working for now, did earlier did. I think I can correct this but first get some sleep.

But I had to remove the tweak.sh part from loadmod. I haven't looked into it yet, but if I leave it in, the phonepart doesn't work.

Maybe the problems reported by I8000 users are related to this?

Edited by erikcas

Guest Elhawwary

Hi everybody !

I am having a problem with voice detection by the omnia 2 .I tried voice dialer ,search, voice recorder ,but none of them detected my voice.Also apps like talking tom cat 2 doesn't detect any voice input.

So , What is wrong with my phone & how can I fix that ?

Any one else has the same problem ?

Guest voyteckst

Voyteckst,

think there is a problem with tweak.sh

Managed to get the kernel work on B7610, with some oII modules, and phonepart, phone and data working. (and read my correct imei) . Cam and vib not working for now, did earlier did. I think I can correct this but first get some sleep.

But I had to remove the tweak.sh part from loadmod. I haven't looked into it yet, but if I leave it in, the phonepart doesn't work.

Maybe the problems reported by I8000 users are related to this?

Thanks for info - I also suspect this script is cause of some problems (altough for me it just works). Theoretically it don't do anything magical - only some memory settings.

For IMEI - it shouldn't be fault of this. What have You changed?

Edited by voyteckst

Guest mishatir

voyteckst

Please answer as to change vold.fstab:

# internal sdcard

{

mount_deep = 1

ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/??

asec = enable

mbr_policy = overwrite

}

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

# externel sdcard

{

mount_deep = 0

asec = disable

discard = enable

mbr_policy = skip

}

dev_mount sdcard1 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

Edited by mishatir

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst

Please answer as to change vold.fstab:

# internal sdcard

{

mount_deep = 1

asec = enable

mbr_policy = overwrite

}

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

# externel sdcard

{

mount_deep = 0

asec = disable

discard = enable

mbr_policy = skip

}

dev_mount sdcard1 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
Default vold.fstab is:
## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab

## - San Mehat ([email protected])

## 

#######################

## Regular device mount

##

## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...> 

## label        - Label for the volume

## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted

## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.

## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices

######################

# externel sdcard

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

#keep this line.

Probably there is also possibility to mount also internal storage this way.

Guest mishatir

Probably there is also possibility to mount also internal storage this way.

help me

(Both : My Storage and My Sdcard)

Edited by mishatir

Thanks for info - I also suspect this script is cause of some problems (altough for me it just works). Theoretically it don't do anything magical - only some memory settings.

For IMEI - it shouldn't be fault of this. What have You changed?

Well, you don't wanna know :blink:

Off course, make the GPIO changes for B7610

I compile 2.6.32 kernel, compile old param, dpram and multipdp module. Rest of the modules are current ones.

If have to compile the kernel with these options in .config

CONFIG_MODULES=y

CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_LOAD=y

CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y

CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD=y
When I compile without these options, in both "original" compile version, as in my workaround, modules are not loaded. In order to load, I make changes in loadmod (get rid of tweak.sh) and init.rc, I "insmod -rf" the modules. adapted libsec-ril.so from previous beta. So, kind of working, let's not call it Froyo Beta 1 of 2, but Froyo Beta 1.37 (pre-alpha or something) The only option I can think about why I have the modules not loaded properly in "original" version, might be that the changes I made for B7610 in source, are with an
#ifdef PHONE_B7610

construction, see google projectpage. So kernel can be compiled for both B7610 as I8000, given the phonemodel, which is defined by $PHONEMODEL and set for CFLAGS in makefile.

Maybe this is conflicting somewere in the source, have to check that. But I am not very sure of this. I will post a dmesg for original kernel (with all modules32 compiled) later. There is something with symbols.

Fixed camera, vib will work in 20 minutes (forgot to adjust GPIO :blink:) in my 7610 adapted version.

Phone is not charging in Android

edit: Can make charge work, have to reapply the changes for battery driver (imported fresh code copy for above story, didn't change the battery driver as I did last time)

edit 2: To be complete, offcourse I have changed symlink in loadmod from modem.bin to Phone_"XXXXXXXX".bin (imported B7610 phone.bin)

Edited by erikcas

hallo there, can anyone help me?? i dont know how to work with int.rc or vold.fstab

how can i change int.rc or vold.fstab ? i can find them in my phone memory through file manager, but my phone cant do anything with them... can anyone help me please??

sorry im beginner :D

Guest voyteckst

Well, you don't wanna know :blink:

Off course, make the GPIO changes for B7610

I compile 2.6.32 kernel, compile old param, dpram and multipdp module. Rest of the modules are current ones.

If have to compile the kernel with these options in .config

CONFIG_MODULES=y

CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_LOAD=y

CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y

CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD=y
When I compile without these options, in both "original" compile version, as in my workaround, modules are not loaded. In order to load, I make changes in loadmod (get rid of tweak.sh) and init.rc, I "insmod -rf" the modules. adapted libsec-ril.so from previous beta. So, kind of working, let's not call it Froyo Beta 1 of 2, but Froyo Beta 1.37 (pre-alpha or something) The only option I can think about why I have the modules not loaded properly in "original" version, might be that the changes I made for B7610 in source, are with an
#ifdef PHONE_B7610

construction, see google projectpage. So kernel can be compiled for both B7610 as I8000, given the phonemodel, which is defined by $PHONEMODEL and set for CFLAGS in makefile.

Maybe this is conflicting somewere in the source, have to check that. But I am not very sure of this. I will post a dmesg for original kernel (with all modules32 compiled) later. There is something with symbols.

Fixed camera, vib will work in 20 minutes (forgot to adjust GPIO :blink:) in my 7610 adapted version.

Phone is not charging in Android

edit: Can make charge work, have to reapply the changes for battery driver (imported fresh code copy for above story, didn't change the battery driver as I did last time)

edit 2: To be complete, offcourse I have changed symlink in loadmod from modem.bin to Phone_"XXXXXXXX".bin (imported B7610 phone.bin)

Ok, so You are just using old method for phone.

Ok, so You are just using old method for phone.

Yes, I know. That is why I started with "you don't wanna know".

It is allways my last resort to create a dirty workaround, and from there analyse what could be the rootcause.