[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Thanks for your advice. I just want to assign lock function on the other button because when I put my phone in the pocket, the end-call key is pressed undesirably. How can I do that???

P/S: yeye I've got it. Thanks very much!!!

Which keycode is now assigned to you end-call key?

Just swap it with another keycode. Guess you have to look into that for yourself.

Endcall is, as far as I know, a GPIO key. I.e. your phone can respond to that key when it is in sleep. I don't know, if you re-assign the key, it will properley respond when you wan't to get it out of sleep. But try before you die :)

P.s. was no offense the blue an red thing :D

Guest luismi18

- I had problems to detect wifis with WPA2 Enterprise settings, but I managed to detected them by manually adding one. After that, the rest of the wifis were listed. I couldn't connect just after that, I had to reboot and then the connection was succesful. However, DNS config wasn't being stored so I had to do the build.prop trick. Never had this problem in Beta1 and this Beta2 worked properly with WPA2 Personal wifis.

Tested the build.prop tweak for the first time and it is not working for me and this 802.1x EAP wifi. I can connect, I receive a working IP but I can not resolve hostnames (Market does not work and browsers works if IP is supplied instead of server names)

Have anyone solved this?

Edited by luismi18

will there ever be a Gingerbread-Version for our Omnia2 ?

Let the devs first try to stabilize this one, take bugss out of it and learn from that for the future.

For me, there is no rush. A new life for my phone!

This beta seem to run very stable, certainly if you compare with the previous ones.

Edited by erikcas

this beta is much stable than previous. I use it everyday whitout sod , freez and problem with wi-fi and 3g. the only problem is the camera that never worked

Check your SD card!Are there any invisible partition on it ?

Guest korea555

my wlan is not working in any way.

tried to edit build.prop as explained in post#1.

using jota text editor. but I can´t save the edited file.

any advice how to edit/save build.prop ?

Thanks.

Guest thanh_nha0706

Which keycode is now assigned to you end-call key?

Just swap it with another keycode. Guess you have to look into that for yourself.

Endcall is, as far as I know, a GPIO key. I.e. your phone can respond to that key when it is in sleep. I don't know, if you re-assign the key, it will properley respond when you wan't to get it out of sleep. But try before you die :)

P.s. was no offense the blue an red thing :D-->haha

I thought I got it but I did not. When the phone was plugged into computer, it worked. However, when I unplugged it, phone didn't response to the key pressed. Any help????

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest Trasheador

Still amazed with this release. Usind android in my phone for 2 consecutive days and none of the problems that kept me from using the previous one are bothering.

Nevertheless, i have some feedback on the issues I found:

- I'm in Latin America, and running the phone on I8000XXJJ1. I can't get signal when running in 2G mode ( 850/1900 ). I don't think it's phone.bin/region compatibility, because it works fine in winmo. Otherwise, should i try a different phone part? 3G works flawlessly, I even get better speed than on winmo.

- The apps that try to access the hardware seem to be having issues. The mic works fine with calls, but apps like Google Voice Recognition or voice record can't access it.

- Skype can't login, but well, maybe that's asking a little too much right now :P

- Couldn't get a GPS signal, but i didn't try really hard... will we need some kind of "XTRA" while on android?

- Camera button seems to work, but just to take the picture. Could not focus. Also, it's not specified on the first page of features that the flash isn't yet supported... or is it and just mine aint working?

Again, great job. Thanks a lot!

Guest sambosat

my wlan is not working in any way.

tried to edit build.prop as explained in post#1.

using jota text editor. but I can´t save the edited file.

any advice how to edit/save build.prop ?

Thanks.

If you want to edit and save the edited build. Prop. You need to login as root. Try in the terminal type gksudo nautilus and then from there you can edit and save

Guest luismi18

- The apps that try to access the hardware seem to be having issues. The mic works fine with calls, but apps like Google Voice Recognition or voice record can't access it.

- Camera button seems to work, but just to take the picture. Could not focus. Also, it's not specified on the first page of features that the flash isn't yet supported... or is it and just mine aint working?

Elaborating a little bit more on the Voice Recognition issue, I just found out something it could be interesting for devs to fix this. When it works, the displayed mic icon becomes as much whiter as loud is the sound detected. Right now it remains black, BUT if you turn up/down the volume, the feedback sound played has an effect: the mic icon gets whiter :blink:

Regarding the flash issue, mine is working properly.

I'm not sure if this may help the Devs or not, but maybe

With Froyo beta1 I installed phone part I8000XXJJ1 and I always have excellent signal anyware, everything worked perfect, 3G, 2G, internet, calls, sms, GPS was fast, WIFI worked perfect (not know if related), and battery was excelente.

Now with Froyo beta 2 I constantly lose the signal, sometimes in the middle of a phone call I get disconnected, internet always disconnect, WIFI will not work (not know if related), GPS is ok but It seems that drains my battery faster.

I mention this cause Voyteckst mention that now they load the /sd/modem.bin in a discussion with erikcas and maybe that has something to do with my problem above.

Any way thanks for your work!!! I love Android!!!

PS: is /sd/Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin same as /sd/modem.bin? Would it help if replace them with the phone part I have in my phone?

Guest voyteckst

I'm not sure if this may help the Devs or not, but maybe

With Froyo beta1 I installed phone part I8000XXJJ1 and I always have excellent signal anyware, everything worked perfect, 3G, 2G, internet, calls, sms, GPS was fast, WIFI worked perfect (not know if related), and battery was excelente.

Now with Froyo beta 2 I constantly lose the signal, sometimes in the middle of a phone call I get disconnected, internet always disconnect, WIFI will not work (not know if related), GPS is ok but It seems that drains my battery faster.

I mention this cause Voyteckst mention that now they load the /sd/modem.bin in a discussion with erikcas and maybe that has something to do with my problem above.

Any way thanks for your work!!! I love Android!!!

PS: is /sd/Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin same as /sd/modem.bin? Would it help if replace them with the phone part I have in my phone?

It's not the same. No matter if You loaded phone part JJ1, because we are loading phone part ourself.

Currently the mine and the vast majority of users is unusable by the impossibility of doing or making calls ...

Devs, any plans to fix the bug in 0000 IMEI ... .. 00 ?

READ OTHER TOPICS IN THIS FORUM ALSO PLEASE!

Especially one with IMEI in it's name...

Edited by voyteckst

It's not the same. No matter if You loaded phone part JJ1, because we are loading phone part ourself.

READ OTHER TOPICS IN THIS FORUM ALSO PLEASE!

Especially one with IMEI in it's name...

I had read the IMEI specific topic and I know that is not supported by this kernel.

My question is whether there is any way to fix the bug as many users and not just me, since last saturday were unable to send or receive calls and send or receive sms or what has been widely reported in this forum.

I also read here that according to Sandor this problem would be fixed, then come on forums asking if there are any plans to fix out ...

Guest voyteckst

I had read the IMEI specific topic and I know that is not supported by this kernel.

My question is whether there is any way to fix the bug as many users and not just me, since last saturday were unable to send or receive calls and send or receive sms or what has been widely reported in this forum.

I also read here that according to Sandor this problem would be fixed, then come on forums asking if there are any plans to fix out ...

If I wrote that it will be fixed, it will be fixed. But no dates, sorry.

If I wrote that it will be fixed, it will be fixed. But no dates, sorry.

Ok, I understand, thank you. We know that failure of kernel and wait for the fix!

Just last two questions:

1 - the problem does not make / receive calls and SMS is local or global? I ask because some users seem to use and usually do not report any problems ... it intrigues me! :blink:

2 - when the problem was found that operators had prevented the problem of authentication by the IMEI. If the problem is global and not local order, rule out the possibility of authentication failure, there is some way, at least provisionally, even if reinstalling or using another kernel from enjoying our Froyo since they are totally unusable at the moment? :mellow:

Guest voyteckst

Ok, I understand, thank you. We know that failure of kernel and wait for the fix!

Just last two questions:

1 - the problem does not make / receive calls and SMS is local or global? I ask because some users seem to use and usually do not report any problems ... it intrigues me! :blink:

2 - when the problem was found that operators had prevented the problem of authentication by the IMEI. If the problem is global and not local order, rule out the possibility of authentication failure, there is some way, at least provisionally, even if reinstalling or using another kernel from enjoying our Froyo since they are totally unusable at the moment? :mellow:

I think both are local.

Ok...

About the "no call / no SMS" problem... I know the IMEI issue is on everybody's mouth, but, there is something different going on with my phone, and I want to know if my problem is the same... Voyteckst, please help me understand...

What happens is, when I try to make a call, it goes to that "calling screen" and miliseconds afterwards it gets disconnected... I got no incoming calls and cannot send or receive SMS... It all happened last saturday, all of the sudden, because friday everything was ok... By the way, data is beeing transmited by 3G and EDGE with no problem, as if the phone was working normally... a thing that is really confusing to me...

The thing that is bothering me is that, I have formatted my SD card and reinstalled the beta2, with a 3Gb ext4 partition. So, lots of free space, right?? But, since the "no call / no SMS" problem started, when I try to install something from the Market, it says to me that there is no free space to install it! Any app at all!!!

Are the two problems related??

Thanks!