[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest wlw6600

camera force close is an unsolved issue with B2 (at least to some user), so doesn't matter if u use SD or storage installation

OK,

Thank you very much .

:(

Bad luck,I have checked the partitions,but it has not invisible partitions,and when I change it to other SD card , the camera force closed happened again,

which tools you use?please check it in linux or ubuntu.

you can not use camera if you have not a SD.

good luck again!

Guys ,there is a re edited versoin of beta 1 by comparing with the current latest b2 one , for those who cant use the b2 one , u can try this one .. however ,i cant try it yet due to unable to ownload the zip file they provide , so if someone able to download it , if is possible please send to me ... i m dying for android right now :(

this is the website http://www.51haoa.co...91&extra=page=1

Friend really i tried this unfertunautally i was disapointed .Every think same . We should wait until devs team solve all problems

Guest bamodile

Hello everybody,

Since a date of the new froyo beta update 2 I had no problem (except those indicated) but for 2 days, I have no more reseaux and 3g and it without modifying anything thus more average to phone, to send and to receive SMS or to go on web

In the started of froyo, after validated my code pine, in the bar at the top, I have any bars of the reception signal " lighted " and after some seconds and appearance of a cross, the icone of the 3g does not appear.

I tried to put the phone in position plane and to re-tip over: no result

I am ironed in beta1 and I indeed have reseaux, 3g etc., I can to phone returned in beta2 always the same pb..

When I confirm the research for reseaux in auto : message of defaut reseaux . verifie the points of mobiles acces : orange world, parameters are good

I thing that the sim card is not read correctly not by acces to my contacts..

escuse my bad english. i translated and modified some words

An idea?

best regards

Edited by bamodile

hello together,

I want to use cisco any-connect client from the app market.

When i start it i get a error message that the programm "iptables" isn't executable.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

The other problem that schold be solved is that my time is allways one hour in the past.

thanks for your help

Guest rom_omnia2

just a strange problem here:

when my phone stays in android, the screen went to the startup "ANDROID" scenery suddenly without reboot to wm, and then it boot in android just like a reboot, this have happened twice.

anyone has the same problem?

Me too.

Anothe situation, phone doesn't work anymore. There's no signal, since last week.

Wow, long thread and made even longer by people asking the same questions over and over again and not reading what was already posted :(

Great work by the dev team. Grats to you all for making this work and thanks for all the time and effort you've put in.

I installed with WinMo 6.5 custom ROM Omnia2 connected to Vista Desktop using automatic install at http://o2droid.phj.hu/froyo_beta2_auto_inst.zip and instructions provided in the README.txt inside and it worked straight out of the box in less than 10 minutes. Great work on the installer.

Here are my observations on Froyo beta 2, so far:

The DNS servers are not being set from the DHCP response for WiFi. I think I've figured out a fix (or maybe it's a workaround) that works for all networks.

In a terminal window (App screen, Dev Tools, terminal Emulator) type the following:

su

echo interface wlan0 >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

echo option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

# The following two lines are probably not required since ppp has

# it's own substitute for DHCP, but I added them anyway.

# This adds same (as above) for 2G/3G data connections

echo interface pdp0 >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

echo option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

The above adds the WiFi (wlan0) interface to the dhcp.wlan0.* props list. Check it with "getprops" command.

You will see the correct dns servers in "dhcp.wlan0.dns1", etc. properties and domain name resolution will work.

If you reconnect to another network, the dns servers will change properly.

Note that this fix is only for those using a dynamic IP (not a static one).

I think the DHCP/DNS problem is a bug in the current build (or an oversight). At the moment only the eth0 device is in the dhcpcd.conf file so the prop hook doesn't transfer the settings for wlan0. This fix adds wlan0 in so that the hook script does transfer them.

Other observations:

1. The "ifconfig" command is showing a mangled IPV6 address on interface wlan0. The "ip address show wlan" command produces a segmentation fault - could this be part of the reason why WiFi access is unreliable?
  2. The commands "arping" and "ping" not returning any responses outside of local interface (wlan0) ipv4 address (works in WinMo). I'm puzzled as to why this is - did I miss anything that blocks these?
  3. WiFi switch-off and on kills radio (no scan possible, reboot required to recover), but it sounds like the devs are working on this. :)
  4. If 2g/3g connection is dropped, but then gets re-established (perhaps because of marginal/weak signal), some apps (like market) report "no connection" and need several "retry"(ies) to continue (timeouts too aggressive somewhere perhaps?)
  5. No Bluetooth, but devs are working on it :)
  6. Microphone audio level extremely low in audio apps. Perhaps an initialisation problem with the hardware, since it works better after making a call.
  7. Unresponsive proximity sensor behaviour during call (gets stuck). Again a known problem.
  8. Electronics (not battery) generating much more heat than WinMo under light loads (I am using CPU Tuner app from Market to reduce heat and extend battery life). I think this needs some work, but not the top priority since phone can be made to last a day and a night with careful use.
  9. Front-facing (secondary) camera not working (I wonder what the state of videocalls will be). Devs working on this :)
  10. Camera app won't start with hardware button under Launcher Pro. Known problem.
  11. Camera app crashes with hardware button under ADWLauncher. Why different behaviour with different "desktop"?
  12. Camera "flash off" option is ignored (flash continues to operate on auto).
  13. Can't find a working flashlight application (either they crash, or they fail to turn it on), but flash does work in camera mode.
  14. No FM Radio, but hopefully a port from Eclair to Froyo will come. Devs thinking about it :)
  15. Graphic driver artifacts/Incorrect graphics (white blocks) with some games. Devs fixing :)
  16. Unable to install some Apps via marketplace (e.g. Aldiko eBook Reader. Error: Could not install on USB storage or SD card). Fixable by dismounting SD Card partition, installing and re-mounting SD Card partition, but after that cannot move application to SD Card using Manage apps option (same error). At least the app does then get installed and works.
  17. Battery icon in status bar not very responsive (refresh issue?) - takes a while to reflect battery draining. Work-around: use widget on desktop to show percentage figure. Devs also working on it :)
  18. Battery charging can be a bit hit and miss. If you plug into USB and reboot, it works fine, charging the battery slowly but surely. However, under certain conditions (after messing around a bit), the state shows as charging, but the battery level goes down over time even with the device in standby and with wifi off. Charging under Windows Mobile is definitely faster (or WM uses a lot less power, or both).
  19. Sometimes USB storage stops working when plugging the Omnia2 into the PC. Always works during or right after a fresh boot though. Can be made to work again by SD dismount and remount (Settings, SD Card & phone storage option).
  20. Manual (phone carrier) network search does not work. It crashes with error after a few minutes. Tried with different SIMs, but no go. Works under WinMo.
  21. Touch screen calibration slightly off in Calibrator (using the replacement version mentioned in earlier post, because shipped version crashes) at bottom right-hand corner You cannot touch the bottom right hand corner "+" because there is no touch sensitivity in that spot. All crosshairs need to be moved in a bit (like WinMo) and calculation adjusted in Calibrator app I guess. Do we have sources to change it? I know that there are other people with this problem so it is not a bad touchscreen.
  22. IMEI number not set properly (all zeros and dialling *#06# returns zeros). Causes problems with some networks. Simyo España (Orange) is working OK for me though. Could try getting IMEI number under WinMob (Dial *#06#) and then setting under Froyo with echo ril.IMEI 12345678901234567 >> /system/build.prop (scratch that, I tried it and no good as a workaround. also tried adding to build.prop and no good either). Still, devs working on it :) Must be patient :)

Once again, many thanks to the hard working devs. We await your next release with patient excitement ;)

Guest andylau

Me too.

Anothe situation, phone doesn't work anymore. There's no signal, since last week.

mine still works well after this situation, maybe the poor signal is the problem resulting in this

Hi F53, getting a list of what works and what don't is good.

But trust me, it will soon be ignored once it's out of -3 pages, like other issue we once raised here

Suggestion to dev team, maybe it's now time to change the theme of poll

from what radio works to what bug bothers most, so you have better idea on which to take down with priority.

Hi Longsin, may we know what's ur propose to post the link?

Edited by Job21

Hi F53, getting a list of what works and what don't is good.

But trust me, it will soon be ignored once it's out of -3 pages, like other issue we once raised here

Suggestion to dev team, maybe it's now time to change the theme of poll

from what radio works to what bug bothers most, so you have better idea on which to take down with priority.

Hi Longsin, may we know what's ur propose to post the link?

So CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) ... but no support for Sammy O2 that I can see, so why post the link? Yes, a good question Job21.

Are you suggesting that this project should integrate into it Longsin?

As for you comments Job21, yes, I'm sure you are right, but I was hoping that posting a little summary of some of the issues so far, together with the status that the devs have posted on some of these issues (on this thread), would stop too much repetitive posting, but I guess it's hoping for too much ;)

I did also provide a little feedback on a couple of workarounds, which some people may find useful (or not) :)

So CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) ... but no support for Sammy O2 that I can see, so why post the link? Yes, a good question Job21.

Are you suggesting that this project should integrate into it Longsin?

As for you comments Job21, yes, I'm sure you are right, but I was hoping that posting a little summary of some of the issues so far, together with the status that the devs have posted on some of these issues (on this thread), would stop too much repetitive posting, but I guess it's hoping for too much ;)

I did also provide a little feedback on a couple of workarounds, which some people may find useful (or not) :)

agreed that even this B2 needs a little bit more work around (I also downloaded the HTC calibrator to have the screen work better)

just hope dev team can take a look at the memory mapping

talking about work around, I tried

turning off auto-rotate screen & animation

seems help a little in case you're short of memory (e.g. hang easily when multi-tasking)

Edited by Job21

Guest Trasheador

guys, let the devs do things their way. they wont work in what you want faster just because you want it, they'll work on what they freaking want.

Guest AoSra1n

guys, let the devs do things their way. they wont work in what you want faster just because you want it, they'll work on what they freaking want.

yes we all know that. No need to state the obvious. They're just throwing out suggestion and opinions (none of which the devs have to listen to). Which i feel adds to the quality of this thread, as opposed to the hundred other posts with people having a cry about their own devices when the problem is due to them not following instructions properly, or when its already been solved before.

Guest voyteckst

Wow, long thread and made even longer by people asking the same questions over and over again and not reading what was already posted :(

Great work by the dev team. Grats to you all for making this work and thanks for all the time and effort you've put in.

I installed with WinMo 6.5 custom ROM Omnia2 connected to Vista Desktop using automatic install at http://o2droid.phj.h...2_auto_inst.zip and instructions provided in the README.txt inside and it worked straight out of the box in less than 10 minutes. Great work on the installer.

Here are my observations on Froyo beta 2, so far:

The DNS servers are not being set from the DHCP response for WiFi. I think I've figured out a fix (or maybe it's a workaround) that works for all networks.

In a terminal window (App screen, Dev Tools, terminal Emulator) type the following:

su

echo interface wlan0 >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

# The following two lines are probably not required since ppp has

# it's own substitute for DHCP, but I added them anyway.

# This adds same (as above) for 2G/3G data connections

echo interface pdp0 >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

The above adds the WiFi (wlan0) interface to the dhcp.wlan0.* props list. Check it with "getprops" command.

You will see the correct dns servers in "dhcp.wlan0.dns1", etc. properties and domain name resolution will work.

If you reconnect to another network, the dns servers will change properly.

Note that this fix is only for those using a dynamic IP (not a static one).

I think the DHCP/DNS problem is a bug in the current build (or an oversight). At the moment only the eth0 device is in the dhcpcd.conf file so the prop hook doesn't transfer the settings for wlan0. This fix adds wlan0 in so that the hook script does transfer them.

Other observations:

1. The "ifconfig" command is showing a mangled IPV6 address on interface wlan0. The "ip address show wlan" command produces a segmentation fault - could this be part of the reason why WiFi access is unreliable?
  2. The commands "arping" and "ping" not returning any responses outside of local interface (wlan0) ipv4 address (works in WinMo). I'm puzzled as to why this is - did I miss anything that blocks these?
  3. WiFi switch-off and on kills radio (no scan possible, reboot required to recover), but it sounds like the devs are working on this. :)
  4. If 2g/3g connection is dropped, but then gets re-established (perhaps because of marginal/weak signal), some apps (like market) report "no connection" and need several "retry"(ies) to continue (timeouts too aggressive somewhere perhaps?)
  5. No Bluetooth, but devs are working on it :)
  6. Microphone audio level extremely low in audio apps. Perhaps an initialisation problem with the hardware, since it works better after making a call.
  7. Unresponsive proximity sensor behaviour during call (gets stuck). Again a known problem.
  8. Electronics (not battery) generating much more heat than WinMo under light loads (I am using CPU Tuner app from Market to reduce heat and extend battery life). I think this needs some work, but not the top priority since phone can be made to last a day and a night with careful use.
  9. Front-facing (secondary) camera not working (I wonder what the state of videocalls will be). Devs working on this :)
  10. Camera app won't start with hardware button under Launcher Pro. Known problem.
  11. Camera app crashes with hardware button under ADWLauncher. Why different behaviour with different "desktop"?
  12. Camera "flash off" option is ignored (flash continues to operate on auto).
  13. Can't find a working flashlight application (either they crash, or they fail to turn it on), but flash does work in camera mode.
  14. No FM Radio, but hopefully a port from Eclair to Froyo will come. Devs thinking about it :)
  15. Graphic driver artifacts/Incorrect graphics (white blocks) with some games. Devs fixing :)
  16. Unable to install some Apps via marketplace (e.g. Aldiko eBook Reader. Error: Could not install on USB storage or SD card). Fixable by dismounting SD Card partition, installing and re-mounting SD Card partition, but after that cannot move application to SD Card using Manage apps option (same error). At least the app does then get installed and works.
  17. Battery icon in status bar not very responsive (refresh issue?) - takes a while to reflect battery draining. Work-around: use widget on desktop to show percentage figure. Devs also working on it :)
  18. Battery charging can be a bit hit and miss. If you plug into USB and reboot, it works fine, charging the battery slowly but surely. However, under certain conditions (after messing around a bit), the state shows as charging, but the battery level goes down over time even with the device in standby and with wifi off. Charging under Windows Mobile is definitely faster (or WM uses a lot less power, or both).
  19. Sometimes USB storage stops working when plugging the Omnia2 into the PC. Always works during or right after a fresh boot though. Can be made to work again by SD dismount and remount (Settings, SD Card & phone storage option).
  20. Manual (phone carrier) network search does not work. It crashes with error after a few minutes. Tried with different SIMs, but no go. Works under WinMo.
  21. Touch screen calibration slightly off in Calibrator (using the replacement version mentioned in earlier post, because shipped version crashes) at bottom right-hand corner You cannot touch the bottom right hand corner "+" because there is no touch sensitivity in that spot. All crosshairs need to be moved in a bit (like WinMo) and calculation adjusted in Calibrator app I guess. Do we have sources to change it? I know that there are other people with this problem so it is not a bad touchscreen.
  22. IMEI number not set properly (all zeros and dialling *#06# returns zeros). Causes problems with some networks. Simyo España (Orange) is working OK for me though. Could try getting IMEI number under WinMob (Dial *#06#) and then setting under Froyo with echo ril.IMEI 12345678901234567 >> /system/build.prop (scratch that, I tried it and no good as a workaround. also tried adding to build.prop and no good either). Still, devs working on it :) Must be patient :)

Once again, many thanks to the hard working devs. We await your next release with patient excitement ;)

According to wifi - if it works I probably forgot to change eth0 to wlan0 in dhcpcd.conf. for me it works without this, that's the cause...

According to problems:

- for us camera just work fine - it has not autofocus and light but work on this is being done

- pink screen - logo is being done

- FMRadio - will be done, it isn't priority

- ping? it works...

- ifconfig? it also works..

- link to CM is useless......

Last but not least: beta3 is comming (first as an update for sdcard install users). It will have:

- working BT

- no more black screen during call

- wifi sleep fix

- IMEI fix (another way of loading phone image, like in beta1)

- mic fix

- no more white squares in apps (increased memory allocation for 3d)

- 128MB swap partition

- battery percentage like in WM (altough it wasn't buggy!)

Edited by voyteckst

Guest PuCiNhOOO

According to wifi - if it works I probably forgot to change eth0 to wlan0 in dhcpcd.conf. for me it works without this, that's the cause...

According to problems:

- for us camera just work fine - it has not autofocus and light but work on this is being done

- pink screen - logo is being done

- FMRadio - will be done, it isn't priority

- ping? it works...

- ifconfig? it also works..

- link to CM is useless......

Last but not least: beta3 is comming (first as an update for sdcard install users). It will have:

- working BT

- no more black screen during call

- wifi sleep fix

- IMEI fix (another way of loading phone image, like in beta1)

- mic fix

- no more white squares in apps (increased memory allocation for 3d)

- 128MB swap partition

- battery percentage like in WM (altough it wasn't buggy!)

That's awesome news :)

Just a question, you said that it will be an update do SDcard users, but to us (who have MyStorage installation) it will just be as usual ... under ubuntu with an untar will solve our "problem" that's right?

Guest voyteckst

That's awesome news :)

Just a question, you said that it will be an update do SDcard users, but to us (who have MyStorage installation) it will just be as usual ... under ubuntu with an untar will solve our "problem" that's right?

After modifying update script, yes. But You will not have swap partition. If I will have time I'll create separate installer for MyStorage.

Guest AoSra1n

@voyteckst

Sounds excellent. looking forward to the release as usual! Any ETA? Ok ok i know,....when its ready :) On another note. Any improvement with beta 3 on incoming call delay?

Guest PuCiNhOOO

After modifying update script, yes. But You will not have swap partition. If I will have time I'll create separate installer for MyStorage.

There's something I'm not understanding... this update will be "like the others" correct? with the same files that are already on beta2, but with new modifications...

If we just do an untar with super user permissions it will work right?

The update script that you are saying is to put the file frb2update.tar.gz on my storage, and turn on android, to update, am I right?

To the swap partition, I'm already using a swap of 256Mb :)

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest voyteckst

There's something I'm not understanding... this update will be "like the others" correct? with the same files that are already on beta2, but with new modifications...

If we just do an untar with super user permissions it will work right?

The update script that you are saying is to put the file frb2update.tar.gz on my storage, and turn on android, to update, am I right?

To the swap partition, I'm already using a swap of 256Mb :)

No it won't be like others. It will boot into updater, make swap and update files.

256 is too much, 128 is optimal size.

Guest PuCiNhOOO

No it won't be like others. It will boot into updater, make swap and update files.

256 is too much, 128 is optimal size.

Ahh ok, will change the size of the swapper ...

For the update, we have to change the installation to the SDCard? Mine MyStorage it's all changed...it has only SD1, and SD2. I'v deleted partitions, and create from "zero" ...

Will there be problems if I just update by untaring the files to the correct place? or will it be an all new beta?

yeah.. it work's for me.. had tried it and wifi worked now... ^_^ thx F53...

really appreciate the awesome jobs.. looking forward for Beta 3... B):wub: