[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest avantgarde280

I think he's asking if the video's reliable/ real or fake. Not that he's telling us that it's coming.

Wrong..it will come..i'll pass to dev 1st so upcoming update all user can flash zip file to update same as native android..everything work now..adb recovery,flash zip file, system,data,cache has their own partition(loop), fix permissions, format and wipe, create a2sd partition on sdcard and others just like native one..

Guest comeonbaby

Wrong..it will come..i'll pass to dev 1st so upcoming update all user can flash zip file to update same as native android..everything work now..adb recovery,flash zip file, system,data,cache has their own partition(loop), fix permissions, format and wipe, create a2sd partition on sdcard and others just like native one..

Ah.great news!

It was quite exciting!

count me in about the camera issue, never have it worked even once since first taste of B2

the closest thing I had was with camera advance, after the FC dialog prompted, the interface is showing good at the background

For other aspects, nothing but thumbs up

+1 sad.gif Thanks for latest update voytecsk.. smile.gif

@Avant: could we use backup feature on CWM??

Guest mihai_mihai

autoupdate doesn't work for me (mystorage instalation) i updated manualy via ubuntu, all working ok ram is a bit hier, and some speed improvement, rest ill see in time

p.s. the new kernel freeze the android if the update is not made

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest haze028

Have been using Anroid on my O2 since the first beta, and am quite impressed with the progress the Dev team has made. Thanks for all your hard work.

I want to try to install the beta 3, fresh install so I'd like the full installer, but the installer is not found on the server from the project page. Is this just temporary or does someone have a link to download the installer elsewhere?

autoupdate doesn't work for me (mystorage instalation) i updated manualy via ubuntu, all working ok ram is a bit hier, and some speed improvement, rest ill see in time

p.s. the new kernel freeze the android if the update is not made

Hi ,

Better try on sdcard . I bought a 8GB class 10 and(TRANSCEND) is way up much better than internal storage. And with the swap partition activated is like a native android phone. It's extremely fast this froyo beta 3 with the latest update.

Voy and dev. team-- THANKS a milion biggrin.gifrolleyes.gifwink.gif

P.S.

Si eu sunt roman, in Canada. Pe ce retea esti in Romania?

Edited by bf5

Hi ,

Better try on sdcard . I bought a 8GB class 10 and(TRANSCEND) is way up much better than internal storage. And with the swap partition activated is like a native android phone. It's extremely fast this froyo beta 3 with the latest update.

Voy and dev. team-- THANKS a milion biggrin.gifrolleyes.gifwink.gif

P.S.

Si eu sunt roman, in Canada. Pe ce retea esti in Romania?

sounds tempting

but could somebody else who had been installing on SD card suggested, class 6 or 10 would be the optimal (performance vs. heat/ battery)?

<= just checked around and some sources said the higher speed shall not cause significant difference on battery consumption

Edited by Job21

Guest avantgarde280

+1 Thanks for latest update voytecsk..

@Avant: could we use backup feature on CWM??

Yes u can..i already try that..nandroid backup work 100% without any problem..and i always use that function to test another ROM..

Hi folks,

newbie here :D..

firstly I want to give 4 thumbs up to the developer.. it's awesome !!..

BTW one simple question from newbie.. I planned to install the new version (beta 3) on external sdcard by manual approach.

however the size of my sdcard is only 1 GB. is enough to install it with portion as following ?

Partition 1 : Swap -> 128 MB

Partition 2 : ext4 -> 896 MB

and I will put the haret.exe, startup.txt, etc. on my storage (internal memory) 8 GB vfat.

please enlightened me.

:tenlee:

Hi folks,

newbie here :D..

firstly I want to give 4 thumbs up to the developer.. it's awesome !!..

BTW one simple question from newbie.. I planned to install the new version (beta 3) on external sdcard by manual approach.

however the size of my sdcard is only 1 GB. is enough to install it with portion as following ?

Partition 1 : Swap -> 128 MB

Partition 2 : ext4 -> 896 MB

and I will put the haret.exe, startup.txt, etc. on my storage (internal memory) 8 GB vfat.

please enlightened me.

1GB sdcard, probably speed is below class 2, not recommend for a SD installation because of speed

1GB sdcard, probably speed is below class 2, not recommend for a SD installation because of speed

Hi Job21,

thanks for your fast reply :)

may I know what is the minimum class of SD to run it ?

btw is it possible to install it on my storage without any risk of losing the hidden partition ?

thanks

Edited by tenlee

Hi Job21,

thanks for your fast reply :)

may I know what is the minimum class of SD to run it ?

btw is it possible to install it on my storage without any risk of losing the hidden partition ?

thanks

by F53 (http://www.modaco.co...ost__p__1832893), it's recommended to install the froyo on at least a class 6 sd

As long as you got the format and partition # right, I see no reason why the hidden partition would be touched

Edited by Job21

Guest peyman_omnia2

Yes u can..i already try that..nandroid backup work 100% without any problem..and i always use that function to test another ROM..

it is bootloader on omnia2?nand android coming?

sounds tempting

but could somebody else who had been installing on SD card suggested, class 6 or 10 would be the optimal (performance vs. heat/ battery)?

<= just checked around and some sources said the higher speed shall not cause significant difference on battery consumption

Mine is not too hot and is not draining the battery that fast. As a mater of fact drainage of battery was because Compas kept calibrating and discharged the phone even when connected to USB.

I tried 10 GB ADATA class 10 but with lots of errors of reading and writing, it's not a good brand. I tried PATRIOT 32/16 GB class 2 the same problems. I had success only with Transcend.

Guest acsel10

I all guys...i've to try to install the update released yesterday, but following the instructions, i look that the file of the update ( frb3update.sh, frb3update.tar.gz ) after the start and reboot remain on my storage.

So my question is...after the update installation is right that the file remain on my storage...i want to be sure that the autoaupdate work form me...

Thanks for all...