[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Dear Developers,

Great job and I really appreciate it.

I managed to run clean installation on SD card. It is really fast in comparison to previous versions, but phone functions do not work any more. It used to work in all previous versions (I ran all of them). IMEI in settings is displayed as Unknown, when I try to search for networks, there is error message and no network is found. I tried to switch phone image using scripts attached to CM beta 1, but there was no improvement. Any ideas, any help?

Regards,

Ł.O.

Edited by patcho

Guest zappazz

DEVS THANK YOU ALL!

I read the entire FAQ :o, and i searched through the entire thread for "App2SD".

It was a issue on FroyoBeta3 (fixed), but it doesn't seem to be a issue for CyanogenMod beta1, but i'm really not able to move application to SD.

i have an internal memory installation (installed manually with ubuntu; again: many thanks Android performs better than WinMo!).

The card is correctly mounted on sturtup (i see the notification and i see /sdcard folder). I can write/read to the sdcard, but no way to move app (the error says "Error moving the application to the Sd card").

So the question are:

-are there people with internal memory installation and App2SD problem?

-suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks.

To Voyteck:

The new CyanogenMod for Omnia2 is great. Is it possible to have those changes done:

1. Support for App2SD - it's needed by many applications

1. It should work and it ISN'T needed by apps.

Guest djhoulio

how did you check that vmalloc was at 256M ? did you go in terminal emulator and type free?

It is written by the DEVs in the ''read me'' file in the cmbeta1.zip at the notes. Is the 3rd note for the manual install or the 2nd note at the VOYTECKST's post in the 1st page.

Notes: (from ''read me'' file by DEVs and VOYTECKST)

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

2. If You remove external SD card and installed on Internal Storage, it may not boot (change in startup.txt and /system/etc/fstab required).

3. There is important change in startup.txt kernel parameters. There must be added following parameter (for manual install only) to kernel parameters line: vmalloc=256M

4. Updates names are: cm_o2_update.tar.gz and cm_o2_update.sh

After the auto install finished, it was allready in the command line in startup.txt in the root of my storage but android wasn't able to boot. I know that the note was only for manual installation

but I was stuck and I gave it a try. I re-wrote this code and adroid loaded in a little time but i never saw the pink screen.

For me this beta works very well but one big problem for me:

-Data conection 3G/2G... Works few hours but fails and and lose the conection, the icon remains. From the menu bar I disable and then enable data and works again for another period of time.

- Sometimes suddenly the phone reboots and ask me for the pin number.

Thank you devs.

Guest marios32

the headphone fix still doesn't work for me, even after reformatting and reinstalling cmbeta1 and applying the kernel + headphones update.(still h2w switch message on logcat)

am i doing something wrong ?

i am just unpacking zimage and cm_o2_update.tar.gz to the root of my storage and starting haret.

any advice would be much appreciated :)

I share the same problem, but for me it is not a big deal when phone functions do not work.

Regards,

Ł.O.

I have this problem as well.

Edited by marios32

- Sometimes suddenly the phone reboots and ask me for the pin number.

I share the same problem, but for me it is not a big deal when phone functions do not work.

Regards,

Ł.O.

Guest kamdevil

choos t. Chi. Or s. chi pls

Thanks for your replay.

However, In the manual for language setting, both the option for t. Chi or s. chi cannot be shown as it is also in chinese fonts. Do this relate to the rom of WM as l am using a custom rom without chinese charater.i have installed "NRGZ28_Tahoma_Font_Restore" in order to showm chinese charater in WM. By the way, i have changed back to beta 3 and it is O.K..

@voyteckst

I'd like to report two bugs.

The first one is when i uninstall something, it goes back to the list and stuck at "loading..." but if i press back and i go back there its ok.

The second one is related to Opera Mobile, if i start it, header and white page appears, but nothing more, and messes up the lock screen too.

Thanks for your replay.

However, In the manual for language setting, both the option for t. Chi or s. chi cannot be shown as it is also in chinese fonts. Do this relate to the rom of WM as l am using a custom rom without chinese charater.i have installed "NRGZ28_Tahoma_Font_Restore" in order to showm chinese charater in WM. By the way, i have changed back to beta 3 and it is O.K..

first install Chi font patch, then select T. Chi or S. Chi (basically, u can see both showing properly after patching)

Guest kamdevil

Do

first install Chi font patch, then select T. Chi or S. Chi (basically, u can see both showing properly after patching)

I have already installed chinese font patch at WM and can view chinese font at WM . However, after install CM6 with the latest chinese font patch, still cannot show chinese charaters.

Do

I have already installed chinese font patch at WM and can view chinese font at WM . However, after install CM6 with the latest chinese font patch, still cannot show chinese charaters.

sorry but since I do all things manually

how you copy the patch into fonts folder? and how about permission setting?

Guest AoSra1n

I would like to make a suggestion.

Would it be possible to remove the 'dimming' of the screen that occurs every time you turn off the screen. Its hardly noticeable, but the screen does fade out when you turn the screen off. I feel it causes lag. Also the power off menu has blurred/dimmed background. Long pressing home screen for widgets does as well. They definitely have considerable lag when doing so.

Is there a possible fix? I know other roms (on other devices) have disable blurring of background to increased performance. And ive never noticed a dimming prior to screen off on other devices. Would definitely be a performance improvement i feel.

Guest kamdevil

sorry but since I do all things manually

how you copy the patch into fonts folder? and how about permission setting?

i have replaced the font patch to system/font by expert file. Excuse me, i have no idea on permission setting. Could you tell me how to do and by what means. Many thanks.

Guest voyteckst

DEVS THANK YOU ALL!

I read the entire FAQ :o, and i searched through the entire thread for "App2SD".

It was a issue on FroyoBeta3 (fixed), but it doesn't seem to be a issue for CyanogenMod beta1, but i'm really not able to move application to SD.

i have an internal memory installation (installed manually with ubuntu; again: many thanks Android performs better than WinMo!).

The card is correctly mounted on sturtup (i see the notification and i see /sdcard folder). I can write/read to the sdcard, but no way to move app (the error says "Error moving the application to the Sd card").

So the question are:

-are there people with internal memory installation and App2SD problem?

-suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks.

And of course posting logcat was to hard for You right? I had to do it myself even if I do not use App2SD, becasue I don't think it's good idea...

Update available on main site.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest andylau

i have replaced the font patch to system/font by expert file. Excuse me, i have no idea on permission setting. Could you tell me how to do and by what means. Many thanks.

the Chinese fonts in Faq should works well

if you do it manually, remember to change the permission of the that file in system/fonfs(using resco explorer, press that file until it comes out the menu, and then select permission, check all)

Just now, i find a good way to start camera using button, in SpicagenMod seeting_input_long-press home settings_use custom application(make sure show recent apps titles be unchecked), then we can start camera using the button upon the camera button, maybe some of you have known of this

ps: why my android runs very slow after booting 3or4 hours, and there isn't any apps running on the background

Guest kenzou^

i've installed CM beta in SD card..have ti run for 24hours already.. 2 time automatic restart i dont know why..

but the big issue here is battery draining..it consume 30% ++ in about 2 hour..what about you guys?

is there workaround can be done?

is there any different if installed in internal storage?

by the way im really thankful for this update..very fast indeed

great work dev team

Guest Nelson Neoh

Have re-installed the whole system the 2nd time, still can't get the IME change to any Chinese Input Method.

Anybody having the same problem?

Here's the steps had been taken:

• Overwrite all 3 files into /system/fonts and chmod to 644.
  • Installed Google PinYin
  • Enabled Google PinYin in Settings->Language and Keyboard.
  • Changed Language to Chinese Taiwan
  • Open New SMS, Click on Keyboard Settings, then clicked on Select Input Method.

Until here, the screen will fall back to New SMS screen with only Android Keyboard. There should have another screen for me to pick which IME I wish to use but it didn't appear.

Screen of Input Option.

post-599320-0-65228700-1322817176_thumb.

Screen after clicked on Select Input Method. No IME list for me to pick!

post-599320-0-59573600-1322817185_thumb.

The Fonts had been patched and chmod to 644.

post-599320-0-59096700-1322817192_thumb.

Further, my USB connection sometimes is working but it might not work again after a reboot.

Any idea to fix it up? I try to get the logcat for showing what happening in background while I do the switch of IME, but I can't get adb connection now.

Any command I can put in terminal to initiate the USB connection?