[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest jingang

As we haven't got the cm6 source we can't compile it, so yo can't build it

thanks,i mean tell me something about how to change the zimage(change bootlogo。。。)there are methods but for native android not special for i8000. 。。sad.gif

Edited by jingang

Guest devilix

Hello,

Yesterday I installed the CM Beta1 version on my phone, a process which proved quite painful after all, but indeed it's very improved since the previous editions! Many thanks to everybody :D

Unfortunately, since in the default keyboard there is no Greek Language support, I tried installing a new keyboard from the market but I keep encountering the aforementioned problem of other users where the default keyboard cannot be changed no matter what... Is there any solution or workaround to this problem yet? If no, is there any known way of adding the greek language to the default keyboard?

I am also experiencing some small issues with the call quality of skype and I cannot find a way of routing the audio to the earpiece than the loudspeaker which is as default... I suppose there is a way though whatever I try doesn't work.

Many thanks again for all your efforts guys! You may save us some money from buying a new phone :-D Keep up the good work.

Guest ray1234

Hello,

Yesterday I installed the CM Beta1 version on my phone, a process which proved quite painful after all, but indeed it's very improved since the previous editions! Many thanks to everybody :D

Unfortunately, since in the default keyboard there is no Greek Language support, I tried installing a new keyboard from the market but I keep encountering the aforementioned problem of other users where the default keyboard cannot be changed no matter what... Is there any solution or workaround to this problem yet? If no, is there any known way of adding the greek language to the default keyboard?

I am also experiencing some small issues with the call quality of skype and I cannot find a way of routing the audio to the earpiece than the loudspeaker which is as default... I suppose there is a way though whatever I try doesn't work.

Many thanks again for all your efforts guys! You may save us some money from buying a new phone :-D Keep up the good work.

I also experienced the same problem with chinese keyboard, the one I used cannot be displayed. My solution is to try out a few of other chinese keyboards, I finally found one that can be used.... you just gotta try with different programs

Guest NIKOLASIRA

Hello,

Happy new year to all

Multiling keyboard free on market

Guest RonLewis

My Battery Stats:

Normally, would be lucky to get 1 days out of it. Now I get 2.5 days standard.

I know this might sound silly and maybe even stupid to some, but it works for me as you cans see from the stats below.

Let the phone charge to 100% and discharge to 96%, it will then start recharching again automatically. This time let it go to 100% and decline down to 99% and disconnect the power.

Results above are because of this process. If I charge it and disconnect it at 100% without the recharge, im lucky to get 1.5 days. If I let it discharge to 97% and disconnect I get the same issue. Luckey to get 1 to 1.5 days out of it.

I have tested this method 3 times now and I keep getting the same results. Maybe its just pot luck but im happy with my results.

If you are wondering, I am using 2g and not 3g but I was getting the poor results in 2g anyway.

Also, only thing I can see running in the backgroud is Messaging, nothing else.

Is anyone else getting results like this?

post-763781-0-59818700-1325476057_thumb.

Guest RonLewis

my battery stats :P :P

Hi gauravv,

I like your results.

Your screen looks different to CM Beta1. Are you using Froyo or have you just changed the interface?

Guest gauravv

Hi gauravv,

I like your results.

Your screen looks different to CM Beta1. Are you using Froyo or have you just changed the interface?

it is CM Beta1 only but i am on 532mhz frequency.......data still consumes lots of battery even 2g....and this issue we all know it may be fixed in future releases......and i will try your method :P lets see what happens

Guest devilix

I also experienced the same problem with chinese keyboard, the one I used cannot be displayed. My solution is to try out a few of other chinese keyboards, I finally found one that can be used.... you just gotta try with different programs

Trying different keyboards from the market indeed solved partially the problem. With some, I can change the default keyboard though I now have to find one that supports 160 characters when sending SMS.

Happy new year to all

Multiling keyboard free on market

Multiling keyboard was the keyboard I was installing from the beginning but it was not working. I was selecting it in the settings menu but could not be loaded. After installing a different keyboard, then using the keyboard selection when typing I could use it after all. Unfortunately it doesn't support 160 characters in SMS typing when writing in Greek...

Thank you both for your quick replies :D Happy New Year to everybody!

EDIT: SMS 160 Greek characters solved installing Handcent SMS!! Thx again guys.

Edited by devilix

Guest kennyc01

Hi all , I am newbie that come from Hong Kong , and using android since Foyo beta 2 . Firstly , I would like to say thank you for all dev. team , you make a chance than can let us try and learn how great that android can be !

Here , I would like to share some experience about try and using CM1 and ask some question that I face ....

1)can not using chinese input method

After installed CM1 , I find that I can not install google PinYin IME any more , Actually , I can install it , but can not change the keyboard input type , I know there is some people same situation as me . Finally , I have try many Chinese input method , I find that Baidu(百度輸入法) chinese input run correctly , it can use PingYin to input Simp/Trad chinese , it is fast and free of Ad ! And I try to install google Pinyin to my friend phone , Galaxy Note and Galaxy Naxes , and also don't work , so I can say it is the problem of google PingYin , but no CM1 bugs !

20116117251357514.jpg

2)When phone goes to sleeping mode , I press the end call botton , but the phone need to "wait" about 1~2 second , than work up , don't know it is only my problem or a general bug of CM1 ...

3)sport light program not work , but I know the dev. team will fix the cam problem in the future

4)Using CM1 about 1 week , sometimes the phone goes to "Android logo loop" status , but finaily it will back to a normal android .

5)Mobo player play 720x480@29fps avi file very slow , but it can played in WM smoothly , CM1 do not support hardware decode , right ?

6)Battery drop so fast with using 2g/3g/wifi , it about 2min 1% battery , hope it can inprove in the future

7)The chinese Font that provide in first page , it is not much beautiful and difficult to read chinese in opera mini , I find another chinese fonts to replace it , this fonts only 6mb , but the original one about 12mb ! , and it can let you read chinese easy in opera mini !

https://sites.google...redirects=0&d=1

Sorry for my poor english :P

Edited by kennyc01

Guest ray1234

After installed CM1 , I find that I can not install google PinYin IME any more ,  Actually , I can install it , but can not change the keyboard input type , I know there is some people same situation as me . Finally , I have try many Chinese input method , I find that Baidu(百度輸入法) chinese input run correctly , it can use PingYin to input Simp/Trad chinese , it is fast and free of Ad ! And I try to install google Pinyin to my friend phone , Galaxy Note and Galaxy Naxes , and also don't work , so I can say it is the problem of google PingYin , but no CM1 bugs !

On Chinese Input, I can add to it that HKIME also works with CM1, in case some of you like me input in cantonese pingyin.

Now if only I can get flash player to work on CM1, I'll have nothing more to demand from this CM1 version..... I know flash will be slow, but at least I wanna give it a try

Ah, one more... the screen alignment is a bit off, mostly on the extreme left and right positions, sometimes pressing on characters like 'P' and 'A' can be a pain due to the off alignment. Any way to adjust?

Edited by ray1234

Guest Nelson Neoh

After installed CM1 , I find that I can not install google PinYin IME any more , Actually , I can install it , but can not change the keyboard input type , I know there is some people same situation as me . Finally , I have try many Chinese input method , I find that Baidu(百度輸入法) chinese input run correctly , it can use PingYin to input Simp/Trad chinese , it is fast and free of Ad ! And I try to install google Pinyin to my friend phone , Galaxy Note and Galaxy Naxes , and also don't work , so I can say it is the problem of google PingYin , but no CM1 bugs !

It is sure a CM1 bug on not able to switch input method through normal way.

I am using Google PY as well, it is still working without any problem. The only way is you will need to perform the IME switch through long touch on input area and then choose Input Method in the menu show.

I have opened a new topic abt this: http://windows.modaco.com/topic/349361-switching-ime-in-cyanogenmod-beta1-omnia-2/

Meanwhile, do agree with you about the Chinese Font patch is not really easy to read especially using to read articles and so on. Am trying to patch with the one you provide, hope it will looks better. ;)

Guest jingang

who know :

where is logo.rle??how can i replace it?(in linux system,,use which tools?your step?)

thanks(if you know。。。。)

Edited by jingang

Guest andylau

who know :

where is logo.rle??how can i replace it?(in linux system,,use which tools?your step?)

thanks(if you know。。。。)

does the boot logo really so important for you? i remember that you have asked this question at least 5 times

does the boot logo really so important for you? i remember that you have asked this question at least 5 times

and definitely his question is beyond the beta's focus,even worse than those noob installation question,do no gd to anyone but himself

Selfish

Edited by Job21

Guest jingang

and definitely his question is beyond the beta's focus,even worse than those noob installation question,do no gd to anyone but himself

Selfish

you are what?mad.gifrubish 垃圾

Edited by jingang

Guest marios32

Ok, i know the question might be stupid or already answered, but please someone answer it :)

Why can we only use half of the phones ram ? (128 instead of 256) :unsure:

Sorry for the off-topic and happy new years again :D

Guest voyteckst

who know :

thanks(if you know。。。。)

I already answered You! It's in kernel sources! Stop asking same question and, start learning. Is it to hard download kernel source, check what Marc commited as bootlogo and recompile kernel?

Ok, i know the question might be stupid or already answered, but please someone answer it :)

Why can we only use half of the phones ram ? (128 instead of 256) :unsure:

Sorry for the off-topic and happy new years again :D

We are using whole memory, but it's reserved for things like phone (chip requires 64mb).

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Fishkal

Hello,

It's my first post here, but I read a great deal of forum so far. First of all, thanks to all developers for a great job, i honestly admire to you guys.

I installed cm_beta manually on internal storage, and i have i few questions about upadates.

With the kernel upadate I didn't have any problem offcourse, but with headphone update (update 1) i had a problem. I couldn't copy service.jar on system disk in ubuntu because I didn,t have permisson to write on that partition. Then I used "sudo nautilus", and i managed to copy service.jar., but after that andoid couldn't start because some google app coudln't start. I tried a few times, and always is the same result.

Could someone tell me, please, how to do this update without "sudo nautilus"?

Also, I'm not sure for cm_o2_app2sd_update as well, so i hope someone could tell me where exatly copy this update.

Thanks

Guest ray1234

With the kernel upadate I didn't have any problem offcourse, but with headphone update (update 1) i had a problem. I couldn't copy service.jar on system disk in ubuntu because I didn,t have permisson to write on that partition. Then I used "sudo nautilus", and i managed to copy service.jar., but after that andoid couldn't start because some google app coudln't start. I tried a few times, and always is the same result.

I did the update manually using Terminal Emulator within Android, just grant SU rights and use cp command to copy. It'll work that way.