[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest RonLewis

I would like to report a bug.

After looking into the Battery % issue (not able to remove it from top bar). Which is a bug in itself. I reset my UI interface setting back to default.

In doing so the phone restarted straight back into android and now my lock screen no longer functions. There is no way to turn it back on.

The screen will go to sleep but any button can turn it back on and it goes straight to the main screen. I rebooted it many times with locksreen functions on and off.

I played around with all the setting and even restored back to default and no succes. Nothing seems to bring back the lock screen and I did search in the forums and 1 other person had a similar issue but was not given a solution.

I have now reloaded from scratch and have full functionality again

Guest haymant

I am back to beta3, as my cm6 always SOD or reboot, no clue to solve it, worry missing calls.

beta3 is a bit slower than cm6, with less features, but more stable. tired to reboot cm6 almost everyday.

Edited by haymant

Guest Nelson Neoh

To make things clear, hear ar all my partitions:

Internal memory (8 GB)

partition "sdcard" 6 GB (primary, FAT32)

partition "system" 1.5 GB (primary EXT4)

linux-swap - 256 MB

on sd card:

one partition 4GB primary fat 32 no name

Is there a way to see both of partitions (partition "sdcard" on internal memory and regular sd card)? Could renaming one of those partition help?

You are following the instructions given in page1 link?

That's why you got confused... and many other also.

Let me "label" your partitions to follow:

Internal memory (8 GB) :

• partition "storage" 6 GB (primary, FAT32)
  • partition "system" 1.5 GB (primary EXT4)
  • linux-swap - 256 MB
    • one partition "sdcard" 4GB (primary, fat 32)

"system" is the partition where you save your android system.

"storage" is the remaining internal storage which should mount to /storage folder in android.

The "sdcard" should mount with your android /sdcard.

So your setting file should be:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

Note:

Since your sdcard is readable now, just replace the partition number of mmcblk1p5 with your "storage" partition number which show in gpart. It should work after a reboot.

Guest Nelson Neoh

I would like to report a bug.

After looking into the Battery % issue (not able to remove it from top bar). Which is a bug in itself. I reset my UI interface setting back to default.

In doing so the phone restarted straight back into android and now my lock screen no longer functions. There is no way to turn it back on.

The screen will go to sleep but any button can turn it back on and it goes straight to the main screen. I rebooted it many times with locksreen functions on and off.

I played around with all the setting and even restored back to default and no succes. Nothing seems to bring back the lock screen and I did search in the forums and 1 other person had a similar issue but was not given a solution.

I have now reloaded from scratch and have full functionality again

The dev system is still in BETA1, anything might happen.

In your situation, believed a fresh re-installation is the only choice.

A hints for those who like to do tuning on this Beta version:

Backup the whole android system after your succeed first boot. If any bad thing happen, you can just format the ext4 partition and copy back the whole thing into it, and your android will be back in fresh.

Guest Scorgan

Unfortunately my microphone level is still very low at CM Beta1. Topic search said mic level issue should have been fixed with beta3 already.

Does anyone have a hint for me? I have JJ1 phone firmware under WinMob in use, other firmware parts are rather old level (work for me). I tried to play around with the .bin firmware files, but that didn't help at all.

Guest synescu

Making a Partition Image File of the partition that is installed android after we have installed all the applications and made all necessary settings so you can refresh the current state when the backup was performed:

Linux: Menu / Administration / Disk Utility: find the correct number of the ext4 partition ex;sdc2,sdd2. does not matter if it's installed on my storage or micro sd.unmount al partition of the device (my storage,sd card)

open terminal and type (after your case):

sudo dd if=/dev/sd?? of=~/disk2.img

wait...will be created in your home directory a file called disk2.img

Restoring from an Image File.format the ext4 partition without changing the size smaller than when it was made the backup and check again the correct number,unmount al partition of the device (my storage,sd card),open terminal and type (after your case):

sudo dd if=disk2.img of=/dev/sd??

wait...about 10 minutes...job completed. boot your phone

Guest shoarmabakpao

Now that I use android on an Class 10 SDcard! The speed of opening applications has gone up ALOT. Loading times are ALOt shorter.

I tested my SDcard with 'SDTools" you can just download it from the market.

Write speed is 11MB/s

Reading Speed is 24MB/s

Everything loads alot faster. I upgraded from an unbranded class 4 SD to an Class 10 8GB Transcend SDcard.

The improvement is huge!

My SDcard costed me only 11 euro!! That is about nothing.

I know now why Voyteckst's android is quick and such. Since my android is also very quick now by just using an Class 10 SD (it is alot faster than my storage)

By using an Class 10 SD card, only things that need to load data will go alot quicker. Games that were limited by your sd card could be sped up but games that were not limited by your SD card will not improve at all.

Only the loading time decreases alot since your write speed has increased alot.

TRY ADWLauncher! It is alot smoother than Launcher Pro!!

They updated ADWLauncher and it looks AMAZING!

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest marios32

Now that I use android on an Class 10 SDcard! The speed of opening applications has gone up ALOT. Loading times are ALOt shorter.

I tested my SDcard with 'SDTools" you can just download it from the market.

Write speed is 11MB/s

Reading Speed is 24MB/s

Everything loads alot faster. I upgraded from an unbranded class 4 SD to an Class 10 8GB Transcend SDcard.

The improvement is huge!

My SDcard costed me only 11 euro!! That is about nothing.

I know now why Voyteckst's android is quick and such. Since my android is also very quick now by just using an Class 10 SD (it is alot faster than my storage)

By using an Class 10 SD card, only things that need to load data will go alot quicker. Games that were limited by your sd card could be sped up but games that were not limited by your SD card will not improve at all.

Only the loading time decreases alot since your write speed has increased alot.

TRY GOLAUNCHER EX! It is alot smoother than Launcher Pro!!

They updated Go LauncherEX and it looks AMAZING!

I was waiting for your reply. Thanks a lot for the info, i am definately getting a class 10 card.

Guest louis xv

hello Voyteckst

i want to ask you something

i think if you could provide us an option of RAM configuration like in froyo beta 2 (i miss the 70 MB free),

perhaps a modified kernel i guess,

i know that the current configuration is better for 3d but it reduces the overall performance

execuse me and thank you

and BTW autobrightness isn't working on cyanogenmod (i did a fresh install on my storage twice)

thanks in advance

Guest voyteckst

hello Voyteckst

i think if you could provide us an option of RAM configuration like in froyo beta 2 (i miss the 70 MB free),

i know that the current configuration is better for 3d but it reduces the overall performance

execuse me and thank you

and BTW autobrightness isn't working on cyanogenmod (i did a fresh install on my storage twice)

thanks in advance

It doesn't reduces performance. And accdording to configuration - it's in kernel sources.

Guest zappazz

searching this forum will help....use the right column function 'search' to search within this topic, just type 'clock'....

I know, because I asked this question in this topic before.... now to put it simple, the solution :

1) set your winmo timezone to dublin (GMT+0) and set the correct time in your own time zone

2) after that, the time will not move even if you reboot

I read this forum daily, but i totally missed this great workaround (am i blind? or maybe we should start separated thread, now that this release is really stable..)

I just only don't understand what is the relation between WinMo and Android, since i always thought that Haret totally reboots the phone (the first command is "Shutting down hardware"...), anyway, it works.

If this workaround works for everybody, maybe Devs could add it on the first post in the FAQ.

Thanks everybody for the support and thanks Devs for this great project.

Edited by zappazz

Guest Trasheador

Maybe you should start a thread for it?

Battery indicator works oke it just doesn't meet your expectations?

i'm OK with the meter! what i'm not OK with is people saying they're not ok with it OVER AND OVER, and flooding this topic.

Guest gauravv

my GPS doesnt get signals in android..... What sould i do???

get fix in winmo then you will get it in android also very easily.....if not download an app called GPS test from market.

Guest ray1234

sorry if it has been answered before, is there any way to make flash player working? nothing from v10.2 to v11.1 works, it always gives message 'application not installed'.

Guest nikkotsoi

sorry if it has been answered before, is there any way to make flash player working? nothing from v10.2 to v11.1 works, it always gives message 'application not installed'.

someone uploaded in this post already

try search yourself

i have tried it was working in beta 3 but i have not tried in cm6 b1 yet

Guest vakaloka

Voyteckst, It would be great if you created a git repository of the cyanogenmod 6 as says in "possible future feactures" as it's not possible to recompile everything wellmellow.gif

Guest voyteckst

Voyteckst, It would be great if you created a git repository of the cyanogenmod 6 as says in "possible future feactures" as it's not possible to recompile everything wellmellow.gif

Are You programmer?

Guest vakaloka

Are You programmer?

Well, I program pc applications, I know c++ and c#, but I'm not as used to java as with those, although the syntax is quite similar. However I like researching (as this post of some weeks ago) if I could access the sources I could try to fix some of restarts with some logs I have :P

Guest voyteckst

Well, I program pc applications, I know c++ and c#, but I'm not as used to java as with those, although the syntax is quite similar. However I like researching (as this post of some weeks ago) if I could access the sources I could try to fix some of restarts with some logs I have :P

So maybe You want to join the team? If yes, send me PM.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest gauravv

hello Voyteckst

execuse me and thank you

thanks in advance

performance is quite good....i like the way android manages RAM.....and Messaging app is slow and its uniform on all android devices....as i searched about it in google....so when u doing sms plus using internet simultaneously it will be slow as compared to without doing sms using internet...

Guest Abhiraj4
<br />get fix in winmo then you will get it in android also very easily.....if not download an app called GPS test from market.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Mmmmm.... sorry but i applied d fix but doesnt work..... it seems you are also from india... can u pls tell what to do....???

Which fix to apply.. ???

SOrY I SHOULD NOT POST DIS HERE !! but gps post is inactive n no ones replyn der

searching this forum will help....use the right column function 'search' to search within this topic, just type 'clock'....

I know, because I asked this question in this topic before.... now to put it simple, the solution :

1) set your winmo timezone to dublin (GMT+0) and set the correct time in your own time zone

2) after that, the time will not move even if you reboot

Yes, that is the only remedy to switch off the option to set the time automatically from the network and set time and timezone manually. And I use ClockSync to correct the time every now and then.

For the SOD problems I found out that one problem seem to be the Spicamod settings for the lock screen delay when the screen is switched off. SinceI set both settings to immediately SOD happens less often. I think it is also a good idea to kill CPU and RAM consuming apps before sending the device to sleep. And also kill apps which are draining the battery over night.

I am still looking for an easy and quick to use task manager. Any recommendations?