[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest gauravv

<br /><br /><br />

Mmmmm.... sorry but i applied d fix but doesnt work..... it seems you are also from india... can u pls tell what to do....???

Which fix to apply.. ???

SOrY I SHOULD NOT POST DIS HERE !! but gps post is inactive n no ones replyn der

ya i am from india. open winmo and then samsung settings and then update XTRA server. after that open google maps and locate ur postition through GPS....after that play around for 5 mins :P then open android and open gps test you will get fix........this is what i did

i have B7610....but its on Cyanogen mod beta 1 only.

Edited by gauravv

Guest Woapar

Ive installed it on external sd (4gb). firstly I put all those necessary files to MY STORAGE and started androidinstall.exe and later haret.exe etc...the good news is I did everything what in the readme (cyanogenmod beta1) stands^^ but the shiny o2droid logo freezed after a while and nothin happens :(

Guest shoarmabakpao

@dev's

Would running android 4.0 ICS ever be possible on our devices?

I ran ICS 4.0 on another phone with an Adreno 200 gpu and MSM7227 @ 800 mhz and it can get laggy. So I personally think our device is not able to run ICS.

If I am wrong, please correct me!

Btw. Running android on an Class 10 SD card really improves the speed of the device!!!

Guest Pazuzu666

Hi.

I am using the video instructions from aafirocks. I have spent more than 10 hours so far, trying and trying again. The only thing that is not exactly as in the video is that my partitions are larger, the fat32 being 6.4 gb large, the ext4 being 1.6gb and the swap 217mb. Everything works fine, I name the partitions the same, I extract ext4.tar.gz via terminal on ubuntu, edit the vold.fstab, the init.rc and create the fstab, then i copy haret, zimage and startup (which I edited so it looks like the one in the video) onto the fat partition. unmount all, remove the phone safely, and then i click on haret.exe. it gives me an error message, and then haret boots. after that I am stuck on "android for omnia II loading.." for ages. been about 30 minutes now.

Doies anyone have a solution or know what i can try?

thanks in advance

the error message says 'unknown keyword: "pfwi»¿” '

Edited by Pazuzu666

Guest erikcas
Hi.

I am using the video instructions from aafirocks. I have spent more than 10 hours so far, trying and trying again. The only thing that is not exactly as in the video is that my partitions are larger, the fat32 being 6.4 gb large, the ext4 being 1.6gb and the swap 217mb. Everything works fine, I name the partitions the same, I extract ext4.tar.gz via terminal on ubuntu, edit the vold.fstab, the init.rc and create the fstab, then i copy haret, zimage and startup (which I edited so it looks like the one in the video) onto the fat partition. unmount all, remove the phone safely, and then i click on haret.exe. it gives me an error message, and then haret boots. after that I am stuck on "android for omnia II loading.." for ages. been about 30 minutes now.

Doies anyone have a solution or know what i can try?

thanks in advance

There is an installation topic opened some days ago

Guest Pazuzu666

There is an installation topic opened some days ago

Ok, thanks. Already went through the thread before, went through it again, but didn't find a satisfactory answer to my problem. decided to abandon manual install and use autoinstall instead. have a question to the autoinstall though, posted it in the other thread. its crucial to get me on my way. thanks for your help

Guest synescu

Ok, thanks. Already went through the thread before, went through it again, but didn't find a satisfactory answer to my problem. decided to abandon manual install and use autoinstall instead. have a question to the autoinstall though, posted it in the other thread. its crucial to get me on my way. thanks for your help

RonLewis

Hi,

Just something to keep in mind. In WinMO, make sure you power performance setting is set to AUTO. With my Omnia I8000T, if I set it to anything else but Auto, it fails. Freezes on boot, even on install.

Edited by synescu

Guest Pazuzu666

Ok, so after spending about 12 hours attempting to install android on "mystorage" using the guides of aafirocks and gardakkan, as well as any other info i could find, i have finally managed to install android and boot it for the first time. the thing is, i managed it only because i left out a few of the steps outlined in the tutorials. what i did was:

set up 3 partitions on mystorage (fat32 sized 6.9 gb, ext4 sized 1gb, and swap sized 257mb, all primary), then extracted ext4.tar.gz. so far i did everything as outlined in the tutorials. but it did not change anything in vold.fstab or init.rc. previously i had always changed them, and i got stuck on "android for omnia 2" screen. the startuptxt i used was the standard one, as given in the tutorials.

hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

cheers

Guest Pazuzu666

i cant use gmail. its not on the phone already, and i cant download it either, it says its not available for my device in my country (germany). any suggestions?

Guest synescu

i cant use gmail. its not on the phone already, and i cant download it either, it says its not available for my device in my country (germany). any suggestions?

try this

Gmail.rar

Edited by synescu

Guest Fishkal

I am new on android, and I don't know is it possible to change functions of hard buttons? I would like to switch fuctions between lock button and "red" button.

Guest korea555

is there a possibilitiy to de-install the pre-installed apps ??

I just want to de-install es file explorer and the launcher. want to use my own.

what do I have to do to de-install those apps ?

thanks for help.

Edited by korea555

Guest voyteckst

I just want to de-install es file explorer and the launcher. want to use my own.

thanks for help.

Just remove them with root explorer or commandline (after doing su) from /system/app

Guest lotuxete

thanks for help.

Just use SystemApp Remover or Root Uninstaller Pro.

Bye.

Guest Pathwalker

HELLO, is there a fix for market issue, it doesn't detect my phone anymore

I also wonder if you've made a fix for jj1 image script, it still wn't work, hope i'm not bothering

Edited by Pathwalker

Guest shoarmabakpao

@dev's

Is gpu-rendering enabled for the 2D interface? (I heard that it is enabled since ICS 4.0, that's why I am asking)

Could you include Live Wallpapers in the next build (not everyone wants it, but some are. Having this option is great since there are alot wallpapers than are extremely light.) Or did you think to not include it because you wanted to optimize it?

Guest aafi-rocks

@dev's

I Could you include Live Wallpapers in the next build (not everyone wants it, but some are. Having this option is great since there are alot wallpapers than are extremely light.) Or did you think to not include it because you wanted to optimize it?

There is a thread on how to install Live wallpaper, one which I created and other by 'sgoo'

http://windows.modaco.com/topic/347599-cms1o2-skin-live-wallpapers-enabled/

However only a few LiveWallpaper works, Some Lite wallpapers work but any wallpaper which is heavy on the system won't work and will end up showing error.

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest voyteckst

@dev's

Is gpu-rendering enabled for the 2D interface? (I heard that it is enabled since ICS 4.0, that's why I am asking)

Could you include Live Wallpapers in the next build (not everyone wants it, but some are. Having this option is great since there are alot wallpapers than are extremely light.) Or did you think to not include it because you wanted to optimize it?

Maybe it's supported since ICS? I haven't seen such option fo previous versions of android and this was mostly the cause that android interface is'nt so smooth like iphone.

Guest ray1234

someone uploaded in this post already

try search yourself

i have tried it was working in beta 3 but i have not tried in cm6 b1 yet

Thanks! I didn't realise before we'll need an ARM version of flash player, no wonder all versions from market doesn't work. The ARM version does work for CM6, although as expected it is very slow.

Guest nikkotsoi

Thanks! I didn't realise before we'll need an ARM version of flash player, no wonder all versions from market doesn't work. The ARM version does work for CM6, although as expected it is very slow.

Yes,, but it is better than nothing :P

Guest ray1234

Ive installed it on external sd (4gb). firstly I put all those necessary files to MY STORAGE and started androidinstall.exe and later haret.exe etc...the good news is I did everything what in the readme (cyanogenmod beta1) stands^^ but the shiny o2droid logo freezed after a while and nothin happens :(

Happens to me sometimes as well, unfortunately there's nothing you can do except to pull out the battery and reboot. I reckon this is to do with compatability of sd cards. For me, installation to internal storage is most stable, I've never once hang on boot with installation to internal. Now I'm on sd card, one out of 3 to 4 reboots I'll get hang on the o2droid logo, 2nd time reboot will be ok though.