[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Boddish

I've been using this lately and i can say it is praticaly perfect, everything i tested until now is working flawlessly, and my phone is only using 1%/hour of battery, seriously, but still, if you understand of Chainfire 3D help me out in this...

*Impossible game - I know at double speed it works fine but there is anyway to normally play at normal speed

*speedx 3D - Unplayable, to much lag

*Angry birds - There is anyway to remove boot lag, and some other minor lags?

*Cut the rope - How do I make that green monster appear?

If one of this games are unplayable just tell me straight...

anyway this is the best build ever done, and i looking foward to new camera driver...

BTW, My english suxks

Guest MrRinuxs

Thanks to the ones that are tryng to help.

I'm insisting in the installation, I followed the suggested steps :

Changed rom to Rapid_JI1_29022_Sense.nb0, previously created the partitions in My Storage.

1st partition FAT32

2nd partition ext4 1600 mb

3rd partition swap 256 mb

formated the Fat32 under WinMo

Copy the contents of cm_beta2 to my storage

rename the sd.cpio to external.sd.cpio

rename the sd_ms.cpio to sd.cpio

run androidinstall ...

run haret from my storage ... Stuck on "Android on Omnia II Loading" screen.

You probably need to correct the startup.txt. This was in my case following the steps you did.

You can find the answer in this forum. There is a really nice post with all problems and tutorials, just search for 'Tutorials and problems when using Android on Omnia'.

Good Luck!

Guest georgezip

Mine did not freeze up O_O

I held it for like 30sec and it stil did not freeze up.

be sure that you've pressed camera button (the big one with silver line on it) and a volume down button

I have got 2 omnias - cbeta2 is instaled on internal memory - the same issiue on both

Guest MrRinuxs

be sure that you've pressed camera button (the big one with silver line on it) and a volume down button

I have got 2 omnias - cbeta2 is instaled on internal memory - the same issiue on both

I have tested it and also in my situation I can reproduce this issue

Guest problematika

Great job to Dev's!!! Installed on My storage and everything work's, and it work's pretty fast! Only problem is that Android doesnt recognize my SD card...i know that exist solution for that maybe, but i cannot find it. Any help? Bravo for work!!!

Guest MrRinuxs

Great job to Dev's!!! Installed on My storage and everything work's, and it work's pretty fast! Only problem is that Android doesnt recognize my SD card...i know that exist solution for that maybe, but i cannot find it. Any help? Bravo for work!!!

Just look at this post and you will find your answer.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Mine did not freeze up..It just started to lag alot but it definitely did not freeze up! I could still enter my launcher and go to the appdrawer but it did had lag. It did not freeze, just lag no freeze! The lag was not even that bad though It was still bearable...

The thing is, why does this lag occur to me (and for others the device just freezes up...)?

I do use a very fast Class 10 SD card though.

Guest MrRinuxs

Mine did not freeze up..It just started to lag alot but it definitely did not freeze up! I could still enter my launcher and go to the appdrawer but it did had lag. It did not freeze, just lag no freeze! The lag was not even that bad though It was still bearable...

The thing is, why does this lag occur to me (and for others the device just freezes up...)?

I do use a very fast Class 10 SD card though.

Don't know, I have also installed it on my SD card and still getting the freeze up.

Guest MrRinuxs

I was curious which setting could be best for running CMB2 on my GT-I8000. So I did 2 clean installs (one on SD Card and one on My Storage using automatic installer), configured 'mmc1' as 'sdcard' (in '/system/etc/vold.fstab') and ran several times all tests with AnTuTu Benchmark v2.6.

See the attached file for the summary of the results.

Note: the min and max of ' Total Score' are based on the minimum and maximum value of the Total Score over all test performed. The smaller italic score right below the min and max of 'Total Score' is calculated based on the minimum and maximum value of each of the tested item over all test performed.

This post is just to share my information.

post-832926-0-06819100-1329470188_thumb.

Guest Trasheador

1. Error in Market says "Not enough space for installation"

ANS: Android root size over 2GB. -- resize it to 2GB or less and it could be solved.

I'm getting this error exactly after I grew my android root from 1gb to 3gb in my 4gb sd card, so that i could have more space for programs, since i'm using My Storage as SDCard and otherwise the space would be wasted as non partitioned (also, i grew the standard 128 swap to 256, and i don't care if you say that's pointless, its DAMN FASTER)

Out of curiosity, why is it that the partition can't have more that 2gb? it's a shame since we have no other choice than to waste space!

Guest skunk 01

Data connection does not work for me....Italy H3G..how to ?

In the CM i had the same problem and someone told me about some changes to do in the settings, but now i forget...

Please Help me :P

EDIT:Solve....was about internet provider , just change to fastweb to 3

Edited by skunk 01

guys, I still have problem with SD card..it says it is broken..I've renistalled it twice..once wit ext4 than ext3 and still it is saying its broken..I've tried every solutions I've found, but it still nothing..CM 1 was okey..so where is the problem?

I modify: /system/usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl

original:

key 158 CAMERA

key 26 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

key 217 HOME

key 231 CALL

key 102 MENU

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 116 BACK

after modify:

key 158 CAMERA

key 116 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

key 102 HOME

key 231 CALL

key 217 MENU

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 26 BACK WAKE_DROPPED

android "home" key -> "middle cubic key", like I8000 WM

android "back" key ->"hangup" key,

I think it is more easy to operate android system.

Edited by honggi

I modify: /system/usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl

original:

key 158 CAMERA

key 26 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

key 217 HOME

key 231 CALL

key 102 MENU

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 116 BACK

after modify:

key 158 CAMERA

key 116 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

key 102 HOME

key 231 CALL

key 217 MENU

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 26 BACK WAKE_DROPPED

android "home" key -> "middle cubic key", like I8000 WM

android "back" key ->"hangup" key,

I think it is more easy to operate android system.

Yeah definitely! Cuz in older version the Back and sleep key were inverted, compared to WM

Guest Aimiliano

i made clean manual install twice in my sd class 10

it installs and while i am using it at some random time it freezes and i must pull out the battery..

from that point and after it wont start and it freezes on boot logo..

i made 1 clean installs till now..

the first time i was just browsing with the internal browser.. and froze

the second time i was changing the live wallpaper and again the same.

my setup is as follows:

1st partition fat32 6.3 g

2st partition ext4 1g

3st partition swap 128 mb

all primary

i manually copy the ext4.tar.gz on the root of ext4 partition each time and do tar xvfz ext.tar.gz

after i correct the loadmod with the -o charset=utf8 line as i saw somewhere earlier in the forum

and thats all.

any suggestions?

Guest gauravv

i made clean manual install twice in my sd class 10

it installs and while i am using it at some random time it freezes and i must pull out the battery..

from that point and after it wont start and it freezes on boot logo..

i made 1 clean installs till now..

the first time i was just browsing with the internal browser.. and froze

the second time i was changing the live wallpaper and again the same.

my setup is as follows:

1st partition fat32 6.3 g

2st partition ext4 1g

3st partition swap 128 mb

all primary

i manually copy the ext4.tar.gz on the root of ext4 partition each time and do tar xvfz ext.tar.gz

after i correct the loadmod with the -o charset=utf8 line as i saw somewhere earlier in the forum

and thats all.

any suggestions?

check performance as high in Samsung settings in winmo

Guest nikkotsoi

Mr voyteckst

my omnia i8000l

windows mobile 256 mb RAM

android 124 mb RAM ??????

I am sorry no speaking english. I am from venezuela speaking Spanish

it has been explained many many times

rams are reserved by the phone for other purpose like radio and 3d

It is a hardware limitation and please don't ask for anyway to increase the ramsize

it is not a software problem

:mellow:

Guest djhoulio

Hi to all.

I bought a 4Gb class10 sdhc Verbatim card and I installed Android on it.

I formated the card to three partitions: fat32 ext4 and swap (all primary) and I made one fat32 partition (logical) the my storage memory of the phone.

Then I used the auto installer and Android booted whith no problem.

Before I was using internal install and I can see now that the class10 sd install has a big diference at the speed and response of the OS and the running apps.

It's faster (less laggy) and more stable in my opinion.

About battery, I have now 61% left since yesterday night (17 hours unpluged) with few calls, wifi off, data off and 3g off.

Thanks again DEVS.

Guest viplung

I have two problems found in CM_beta 2:

1. After changed the "0P5" in "loadmond" to add the "My Storage" (Andriod installed in SD crad}, USB connection to PC (under WIN XP or WIN 7) cannot detect. But it can detect if it changed back to default setting (after re-set);

2. After add the "My Storage", Chinese characters under "My Storage" cannot see and it showed ????. But no problems under SD card.

Can help?