[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

ICS Animations work quite nicely on our Omnia 2's ^_^

Just got it working and it's all quick :D

Next thing is, if the UI also gets butter smooth, then it will fit greatly with eachother =)

Edited by shoarmabakpao

burning it just because u made mistakes?? that's just cruel!!

try this it works for me :)

2.3 gb primary fat32

1.2 gb primary ext4

150 mb primary linux

ps: please don't use bad words anymore in this thread :)

I don't know where was the mistake, cause it was working just fine..

Guest Aimiliano

I have an issue (another)

when it boots up its so fast and when i start the wifi then my cpu goes 100% @ 800 mhz!

even though i stop wifi it still goes to 100%...... :(

i downloaded a lot of apps to show what process are using the cpu but i cant seem to find the app /service that drains so much cpu time..

all i saw is that system uses 30 -35% and user uses the rest.. :(

so what would be that and with what app could i see and stop what is draining cpu time?

Guest voyteckst
I have an issue (another)

when it boots up its so fast and when i start the wifi then my cpu goes 100% @ 800 mhz!

even though i stop wifi it still goes to 100%......

i downloaded a lot of apps to show what process are using the cpu but i cant seem to find the app /service that drains so much cpu time..

all i saw is that system uses 30 -35% and user uses the rest..

so what would be that and with what app could i see and stop what is draining cpu time?

Use top command either from terminal or adb. It should show what is using CPU.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Dev's please approve this! If I did something dangerous, please tell!

Look:

More info: http://vitobrotherso...ory-management/

I adjusted

Hidden_app: it is now 7MB

Content_provider: 9MB

Empty App: 11MB

With those settings + the android 4.0 Animations I can go to Opera Mini->press home button->lock phone

When I want to go to Opera Mini I unlock my phone and press Opera Mini and it is not closed!!

We do not run heavy applications on our phone so I think those settings are better then what we had before.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest Aimiliano

Use top command either from terminal or adb. It should show what is using CPU.

/system/bin/debuggerd

is eating 80 % of my cpu... causing it to overheat also... and drain battery..

what is this?

Guest rom_omnia2

I know it is a off topic question, but have anyone tried to enable IPtables/NetFilter on Kernel?

I did it but when i turn on Wifi the phone freeze. Since it's a custom kernel is hard to ask for help out of here. I may also be doing something wrong with the configuration, i know. Any tip would help. Thanks.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest voyteckst

I know it is a off topic question, but have anyone tried to enable IPtables/NetFilter on Kernel?

I did it but when i turn on Wifi the phone freeze. Since it's a custom kernel is hard to ask for help out of here. I may also be doing something wrong with the configuration, i know. Any tip would help. Thanks.

Have You recompiled all? Kernel + modules?

Guest voyteckst

/system/bin/debuggerd

is eating 80 % of my cpu... causing it to overheat also... and drain battery..

what is this?

It's a process which supports apps which crashed. Strange that it uses so much CPU all the time. Maybe You can try to comment it in init.rc and reboot? I've seen on google that people had problems also with that process.

Guest gauravv

i think battery drain is not much related to Processor Running at High Frequency....becoz i tested android at different speeds like 266 or 400 and found battery drain is similar......maybe it is related to sensors or phone part....devs may know better.....but surely high processor speed is not responsible for high drain...

Moreover i have Galaxy Y and it constantly works on 832mhz and minimum 312mhz still it manages 2-3 days of normal usage...though smaller battery then our phones...

Guest synescu

ICS Animations work quite nicely on our Omnia 2's ^_^

Just got it working and it's all quick :D

Next thing is, if the UI also gets butter smooth, then it will fit greatly with eachother =)

can you please share your framework-res.apk? thanks!

Edited by synescu

Guest rochdi9000

You should use smaller fontsize, this looks a bit screaming.

Do you have original samsung battery? Or a white label replacement battery?

excuse me.

i have original samsung battery.

Edited by rochdi9000

Guest nikkotsoi

on I8000 that shouldn't be a problem. Can you post dmesg and logcat?

oh

i have encounter this problem also

i think it only occurs when the phone is under heavy workload such as using the facebook apps

after exiting the apps,, the phone charges again

this is not happening before when i use eclair betas or froyo beta 1 2 3 or even cyanogenmod beta 1

Guest shoarmabakpao

can you please share your framework-res.apk? thanks!

Sure, here you go =)

Back-up your old framework-res.apk first!

Also I theme'd it a little bit but it does not look as good I want it yet :P

Unpack the .rar file

In it, there will be my framework-res.apk

Just replace mine with the old one but perform always a back up!

framework-res.rar

Guest erikcas

oh

i have encounter this problem also

i think it only occurs when the phone is under heavy workload such as using the facebook apps

after exiting the apps,, the phone charges again

this is not happening before when i use eclair betas or froyo beta 1 2 3 or even cyanogenmod beta 1

Think it is in the kernel. Omnia pro was never charging on 2.6.32. I made a little change in the battery driver that was written by Sandor and it charges again.

This also seems to help on omniaII phones that are using other batteries then the original one.

Guest problematika

Can I ask some hipotetic question..? O2 contain 256 MB RAM memory. Developers has just 128 MB for drivers etc. So, If we remove some drivers (for example: some sensors, radio..) can we get more free space for UI and get some more space when our phone is on Android. And another, maybe stupid question, WM use 128 MB of our RAM if we remove Windows from our device (I mean to remove whole code) is then possible to install clean Android, which can use whole space (256MB)? I know that my questions are stupid, but i must ask... :)

Edited by problematika

Guest voyteckst

Can I ask some hipotetic question..? O2 contain 256 MB RAM memory. Developers has just 128 MB for drivers etc. So, If we remove some drivers (for example: some sensors, radio..) can we get more free space for UI and get some more space when our phone is on Android. And another, maybe stupid question, WM use 128 MB of our RAM if we remove Windows from our device (I mean to remove whole code) is then possible to install clean Android, which can use whole space (256MB)? I know that my questions are stupid, but i must ask... :)

1. So You want to use O2 without calling possibility? Phone part is loaded when booting.

2. Of course there is possibility to replace WM with Android on NAND, but bootloader should be modified.

Guest problematika

1. So You want to use O2 without calling possibility? Phone part is loaded when booting.

2. Of course there is possibility to replace WM with Android on NAND, but bootloader should be modified.

Ok, now I understand that problem more. I forogot relations between phone part and calling possibilities. And about NAND, you know much better then me when would be a time for that kind of operation, so no offense at all. Your (and rest of dev team) job till now is amazing and I really appriciate that you have free time to improve our old device. Cheers!

Guest rom_omnia2

Have You recompiled all? Kernel + modules?

Thanks, this solved the wifi problem. I've put the new wifi module.

But the program still saying that i don't have "NetFilter/Nat" support. I'll keep trying new build configurations, thanks again.

SOLVED - IPtables is working now, had a lot of "case sensitive" files problem when compiling but is solved now.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest skurakai

Hi all,

i have trouble with instalation Android on my i8000 phone.

What i do:

- format My Storage, Micro SD card

- copy instalation files on My Storage

- run androinstall.exe

mounting dev/block/mmcblk1p on /sdcard failed: no such file or directory

Cant mount internal FLASH

...rebooting ...

Hard reset, format card in PC, PPC, change Micro SD card cant help

Thanks for help.

No one can help?

Guest rom_omnia2

No one can help?

How and where have you formated your My Storage? Seems that android installer can't find your fat32 partition.

Edited by rom_omnia2