[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

i did it with root explorer .,,,

ubuntu said i don't have the permission =[

what can i do ?

if you are using ubuntu 11 than follow this step

If you press Alt + F2 to get to the Run Application screen, and then type gksudo nautilus it will ask for your password and drop you into a nautilus session where you can drag drop into system folders, however, be very careful since you can destroy your system if you're not careful.

Guest erikcas

i did it with root explorer .,,,

ubuntu said i don't have the permission =[

what can i do ?

use commandline. sudo cp

And if you donot unmount before unplugging there is a big risk for corrupted files (that is probably why your android does not boot anymore)

So allways unmount before unplug.

Guest shoarmabakpao

use commandline. sudo cp

And if you donot unmount before unplugging there is a big risk for corrupted files (that is probably why your android does not boot anymore)

So allways unmount before unplug.

Hey! Do you know a easy way to change the minfree autokill settings? The way I know is only temporally and is done on android through it's terminal.

I want it to be permanent. I want to lower some of those value's so I can multitask better.Any idea on it?

Guest erikcas

Hey! Do you know a easy way to change the minfree autokill settings? The way I know is only temporally and is done on android through it's terminal.

I want it to be permanent. I want to lower some of those value's so I can multitask better.Any idea on it?

Thougt it was set in init.rc open the file and search for minfree

Guest rom_omnia2

Thanks! I found it =)

It worked out very well :D

Fine tuning now =)

You could also search for "MinFreeManager" at Market, it's from here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=622666

Any change will take effect in real time, isn't necessary reboot. The only good thing playing with this is prevent Home Screen from close, just have to put a lower value in third parameter. Multitasking will not be that much better without more memory available, but yes, it can help.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest shoarmabakpao

You could also search for "MinFreeManager" at Market, it's from here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=622666

Any change will take effect in real time, isn't necessary reboot. The only good thing playing with this is prevent Home Screen from close, just have to put a lower value in third parameter. Multitasking will not be that much better without more memory available, but yes, it can help.

Yes but the application itself uses ram. I put those minfree killer settings in the rom itself. Now I don't need that application which used 4MB ram. Same goes for advanced Task Killer. I also do not need that which also uses like 2-4mb ram =)

I modified those minfree settings and now I can multitask with the app's I only wanted to and I have alot ram free =)

---

Also if you go 1 page back and check my last post, I posted alot of tweeks which make your omnia 2 fly =)

The almost GUI is lagfree now for me =) My Launcher is lagfree but there still is a small lag at Settings.apk

It still is not smooth as butter =S

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Yes but the application itself uses ram. I put those minfree killer settings in the rom itself. Now I don't need that application which used 4MB ram. Same goes for advanced Task Killer. I also do not need that which also uses like 2-4mb ram =)

I modified those minfree settings and now I can multitask with the app's I only wanted to and I have alot ram free =)

---

Also if you go 1 page back and check my last post, I posted alot of tweeks which make your omnia 2 fly =)

The almost GUI is lagfree now for me =) My Launcher is lagfree but there still is a small lag at Settings.apk

thanks

i downloaded the files and extracted it to the system folder android is working much better thanks again for the tweeks

Guest shoarmabakpao

thanks

i downloaded the files and extracted it to the system folder android is working much better thanks again for the tweeks

No problem =)

Glad that I could help

Android CM2 installed manually in My Storage.

What is and what files to change to not have to use the SD card.

Let My Storage is a storage slot and a directory or My Storage.

Edited by con73

Guest shockwavenl

I know how to install it.

only thing i need is the startup.txt

the startup.txt that is with the automatic installer is missing some lines i had in the previous beta.

I still have that one, but what do i have to add to this?

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p6 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

that is my startup.txt, what does it need more?

please respond fast coz i cant even boot droid anymore, somehow it just hangs again on the loading screen (cm1)

ok managed to install it this way manually,

only the swap isnt working, do i have to edit the fstab file again? thats easy for me.. i've done that 2100021435 times. or is it something else? because i read something about loadmod or something?ohmy.gif

Guest gauravv

- ALWAYS BACK UP FIRST!

- ONLY USE THE FRAMEWORK IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE ICS 4.0 ANIMATIONS! I MESSED UP WITH THE

NOTIFICATION BAR SO IT DOES NOT LOOK VERY PRETTY!!

- PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!

Here you go!

Credits to the original developers that worked on it.

The TweaksOmnia2.rar has all of them compiled into one .rar

For the people that want the ICS 4.0 animations, just install my framework-res.apk

It works flawless on my Omnia 2.

Also install ChainFire 3D (I recommend buying it from the Android Market!)

Install all the the program and then choose 'Reduce Texture Quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

You won't notice a different in quality =)

You will notice a speed increase =)

I use ADW Launcher EX with a free ICS theme from the market. At presets select DEFAULT and with the ICS theme enable it. Make sure when you enter the appdrawer that the background does NOT turn dark since you need to disable that by looking through the settings. Then it will be extremely fast, even with all the animations on =D

____

I still need a way to easily modify the minfree settings so I can enable better multitasking.

after doing settings in chainfire 3D .....colors dont work well in angry birds any fix ?

Guest nikkotsoi

thank you for helping me getting the root permission in ubuntu

it works now thanks!

by the way,, is it possible to make the battery icon back to % display ? thx

Guest shoarmabakpao

after doing settings in chainfire 3D .....colors dont work well in angry birds any fix ?

Untick all options you selected for Angry Birds. It is a 2D game, that is why it can get glitches when using ChanFire3D with all options on.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

I would like to try V6 Supercharge on CMBeta 2 ROM. However, the Busybox version included in the ROM is too old to run the V6 Supercharge script. Try to upgrade the Busybox to a newer version with BusyBox Installer but failed.

Anyone know how to upgrade the BusyBox properly in CMBeta2 ROM?

Kindly advise the method, please!

Thank you!

Guest shoarmabakpao

I would like to try V6 Supercharge on CMBeta 2 ROM. However, the Busybox version included in the ROM is too old to run the V6 Supercharge script. Try to upgrade the Busybox to a newer version with BusyBox Installer but failed.

Anyone know how to upgrade the BusyBox properly in CMBeta2 ROM?

Kindly advise the method, please!

Thank you!

Click that link --> LINK CLICK ME!

Download the JonathanRasaTweaks file and read the post's instructions. It has many tweaks inside it. Be sure to check it out!

Guest Marmach

I gave O2Droid another chance (last time I tried Froyo beta2), but still no luck :D

I bought 8GB Class10 SD HC and used automatic installer - everything went perfectly well.

CM beta seems to be a bit faster and some bugs disappeared. For example in Froyo beta2 I had very unpleasant sound in the ear speaker during call - it was overdriven and volume regulation was problematic; in current beta everything was ok. I could also run camera more than one time :D. I don't use FM radio or bluetooth, so I can't tell anything.

I noticed that I couldn't use Google Talk while using 2g connection (this was different than Froyo beta). I could use browser, download mails etc but no GT message would pass. Turning 3g on would solve this bug (checked several times).

Screen rotation is far better than before, though after 2 days my screen got stuck in 90degrees position (with big battery drain), so I turned it off (never liked it, to be honest ;P).

Battery indicator works unprecisely - one or two times phone showed 40%, while the battery was around 9% and also one or two times phone went dead while WM showed ~9% (maybe just SOD?).

Battery lasted for 1 day average, with little difference using no data/2g/3g (probably something else was draining power so I couldn't see difference).

Today was the judgement day, because I lost 60% battery in 2-3 hours and phone was quite hot, so after reading here about batteries dead bacause of overheating, I decided to stop using CM beta.

So... while the performance is very nice for an old phone, there are still many bugs.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I gave O2Droid another chance (last time I tried Froyo beta2), but still no luck :D

I bought 8GB Class10 SD HC and used automatic installer - everything went perfectly well.

CM beta seems to be a bit faster and some bugs disappeared. For example in Froyo beta2 I had very unpleasant sound in the ear speaker during call - it was overdriven and volume regulation was problematic; in current beta everything was ok. I could also run camera more than one time :D. I don't use FM radio or bluetooth, so I can't tell anything.

I noticed that I couldn't use Google Talk while using 2g connection (this was different than Froyo beta). I could use browser, download mails etc but no GT message would pass. Turning 3g on would solve this bug (checked several times).

Screen rotation is far better than before, though after 2 days my screen got stuck in 90degrees position (with big battery drain), so I turned it off (never liked it, to be honest ;P).

Battery indicator works unprecisely - one or two times phone showed 40%, while the battery was around 9% and also one or two times phone went dead while WM showed ~9% (maybe just SOD?).

Battery lasted for 1 day average, with little difference using no data/2g/3g (probably something else was draining power so I couldn't see difference).

Today was the judgement day, because I lost 60% battery in 2-3 hours and phone was quite hot, so after reading here about batteries dead bacause of overheating, I decided to stop using CM beta.

So... while the performance is very nice for an old phone, there are still many bugs.

If you have ubuntu 10.10 or higher you can try this out: LINK CLICK ME :D

If desired install both files. It has a big performance gain in my opinion. back up first, then copy all my files to their place =)

If everything went good, then your phone should be booting and you will notice a speed increase.

I just want that the dev's implement those tweaks in the next build!

Guest rom_omnia2

---

I guess you misunderstood. MinFreeManager isn't a memory/task manager. MinFreeManager is a application that allows you to change minfree values. So you don't have to reboot and change the init.rc everytime.

Install it and tell me what values you are using, i'm using default preset, going great so far.

Here is the application:

minfreemanager-16-1.jpg

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest shoarmabakpao

I guess you misunderstood. MinFreeManager isn't a memory/task manager. MinFreeManager is a application that allows you to change minfree values. So you don't have to reboot and change the init.rc everytime.

Install it and tell me what values you are using, i'm using default preset, going great so far.

Here is the application:

minfreemanager-16-1.jpg

I changed those value's from android's inner working =)

The last 3 value's are: 2048, 3068, 4068

I can multi-task like mad chickens and my overal performance is very good (thanks to the tweaks I put in, see above post for the link)

Here is the application:

minfreemanager-16-1.jpg

how did you get the old status bar can you share it with me the status bar

thanks

I changed those value's from android's inner working =)

The last 3 value's are: 2048, 3068, 4068

I can multi-task like mad chickens and my overal performance is very good (thanks to the tweaks I put in, see above post for the link)

wow man it is really fast thanks for the tweaks i advice every one who is using call 4 should give it a try