[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest eknohr

Hey, i have one problem, that sometimes it connection get lost and ask for pincode. Does anybody has the same problem and is there an app or solution for it?

Thanks and regards

That happens to me too, and a lot. I already post this same problem... but no idea, I guess is related to the hold IME problem.

Guest voyteckst

Good news: Sandor made bluetooth working. Altough it's not finished yet (pairing, sending files work, sound in earphone problem) it's step further!

Guest carlospaco

That happens to me too, and a lot. I already post this same problem... but no idea, I guess is related to the hold IME problem.

I have notice , that i hab task killer , and know have remove it , and i haven't had that problem the hole day. My phone worked very good.

Guest andylau

Good news: Sandor made bluetooth working. Altough it's not finished yet (pairing, sending files work, sound in earphone problem) it's step further!

good job, i think there will not be long for a full working bluebooth :rolleyes:

Guest andylau

omg... why is everyone saying 1000 things? in every someone says something whole different when installing froyo on the mystorage...

so what is the good one? i think the one of radie works.. but why ext2 partition? when ext4 is faster?

and why everyone has different thoughts about the startup.txt? the one says mmcblk0p5 and when i look in other topic it is mmcblk1 or even mmcblk0p7mad.gif

EDIT:

my god.. its getting stranger and stranger.

now, what i did:

i have (according to minitool partion wizard) one partition of 1 gig as ext4 (named SDCARD)

and the rest is FAT32 partion. but somehow in the file manager of windows it says that there is only one partition and the mystorage grew to 8.3 gig and the "hidden" partition is shrinked to 200mb (or something..) i didnt do that??

and now windows does not see the mystorage anymore (yes i used: mount as mass storage device)

so how do i solve this?

EDIT2: LOL i restarted my device and now even the file explorer does not see the mystorage anymore XD what do i do? please help ASAP!sad.gif

EDIT3: i got it right somehow now... i made ext4 partition of 1 gig and a fat32 ptition of 6.3 gig . i only need to put the files on the ext4 partition but i cant mount it in windows (geei) so im downloading ubuntu 10.04lts and try it in live cd:)

k0px is your sdcard, k1px is your my storage, and x is different with the partition, 1,2..is primary partition, and 5,6,7.. is logical partition, why dont you see the first three post carefully?

Guest shockwavenl

i already got it.. but thanks anyway for the description of those mmcblkxpx files!

the only thing i need to do is copy the ext4.tar.gz file (and extract) to the ext4 partition. I cant get it on it because i dont have permissions. ill try it tomorrow on a friends mac or ubuntu pc maybe that helpssmile.gif

Guest luismi18

Great news!!

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I've installed the update to have live wallpapers posted in the eclarir beta 2 and it works a lot better :)

Since the video drivers are the same, is that due to the better RAM management?

Guest eknohr

I have notice , that i hab task killer , and know have remove it , and i haven't had that problem the hole day. My phone worked very good.

I don't have task killer or anything similar, cause voyteckst said they implement a script in beta2 that do something similar.

Guest Chelonian

That's excellent news guys! Thank you very much for your work!! :D

Guest longsin

i have a little question,on ubuntu the android mount my storage, when i restart, it cant mount my storage.android installed on SD (EXT4, 1.62GB), SD is 4GB.

Guest thanh_nha0706

Really good news!!!! It's worth for waiting :)

I've installed the update to have live wallpapers posted in the eclarir beta 2 and it works a lot better :)

I think so. However, RAM is so small, sometimes it make phone freezed, I hope the Dev can expanse it someday...

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest firefly2k3

Hi friends,

Is hot swap of SD Card possible on a My Storage install?

It allows me to unmount my SD Card. But after swapping the card I cannot mount the new card (or the previous one) back.

~Firelfy.

Guest synescu

where you find the update?

Guest carlospaco

Hey , i am sorry to ask, but i can not download anymore beta 2 eclair.

I sthere any other link?

Thanks and regards

Guest Trasheador

Awesome news on bluetooth. My first concern right now is not being able to use 2G. Not really a problem, since 3G works like a charm, but it would be nice to be able to save battery on that. Any news on 850/1900?

If you aren't able to test because of lack of coverage in that band, i would offer my assistance, at least the one my location can provide.

Also, anyone else has this issues whit camera:

- Focus... how is it supposed to work? Sometimes it focuses, sometimes it doesn't.

- Flash usually works fine in auto, but sometimes when I set it to be on it doesn't shoot.

- It takes quite a lot to process the picture once it's taken. Normal?

Also, i downloaded an app that's supposed to turn on the flash to use it as flashlight and it doesn't work.

Guest demy94

unexpected drops in the browser applications simultaneously (a process Android browser) try again.

I rebooted several times but it always gives me error

Guest synescu

Stop writing with big letters, start searching.

I already tried many things but nothing that works so far

I do not understand the big deal in large print

Guest shockwavenl

maybe someone knows...

i still have trouble with mounting and extracting all files on the ext4 partition.

what i do is:

mount the omnia 2 on mass storage mode on my laptop using ubuntu live cd.

format the ext4 ptition,

next step:

i type this in terminal: sudo passwd root (set too random something..)

then i do su - and logon onto root, next i do: cd /media (thats where the ext4 partition is) and then do this:

sudo chmod -R 777 ./STORAGE (wich is the name of the partition and dunno why..)

then i just put the extracted files of the ext4.tar.gz on the filesystem BUT (heres where the trouble starts...) i cant put any data on it, it still says permission denied...

what do i do about this?

i also tried ext2fsd but dont work, tried on a mac but those things dont understand the filesystem...

please help asap.. now im stuck again with wm 6.5 mad.gif

Guest PuCiNhOOO

maybe someone knows...

i still have trouble with mounting and extracting all files on the ext4 partition.

what i do is:

mount the omnia 2 on mass storage mode on my laptop using ubuntu live cd.

format the ext4 ptition,

next step:

i type this in terminal: sudo passwd root (set too random something..)

then i do su - and logon onto root, next i do: cd /media (thats where the ext4 partition is) and then do this:

sudo chmod -R 777 ./STORAGE (wich is the name of the partition and dunno why..)

then i just put the extracted files of the ext4.tar.gz on the filesystem BUT (heres where the trouble starts...) i cant put any data on it, it still says permission denied...

what do i do about this?

i also tried ext2fsd but dont work, tried on a mac but those things dont understand the filesystem...

please help asap.. now im stuck again with wm 6.5 mad.gif

Why did You not follow all the steps?

In the manual installation, it is said the code line to untar the ext4 file... Just read careffuly and it all will work perfectly