[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

Thank you all the Dev's to get the IMEI working. Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Please take your time and then release the update.

It will be released when ready. Some things left to do.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Marmach

And what about the in-call volume problem? :) i tried again it after a restart but still strange, sometimes louder sometimes its okay, and if i try to adjust it the sound goes away.

I have similar problem too. During a call the ear sound is sometimes too loud, but when I turn it down it completely goes away. If the screen locks in this state, there is no other way than to reconnect.

call> too loud > -1 > very quit or deaf

If I make the sound louder before turning it down, it doesn't fade out.

call > too loud > +1 > nothing happens > -1 > quiter than at the beginning > -1 > quit but not completely deaf

I'd say that my phone calibrates the volume levels each time I try to change it :D

And as I have written before, the sound quality is worse than in WM. For me incoming calls sound as if the sound was oversteered at some point and then turned down in this state - even if it's set quit it's crackled.

Guest Bogeyman13

And what about the in-call volume problem? :) i tried again it after a restart but still strange, sometimes louder sometimes its okay, and if i try to adjust it the sound goes away.

I have the same problem. In-call volume is very loud and when trying to use volume buttons, they don't work correctly. But it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it even works ok.

Calllight isn't needed - it's only way how Phone part is loaded. It will be released and used until we managed natively use of O2 Phone part like we use now modem.bin from I6500

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

- all frequencies supported

Disadvantages:

- slower GPS fix (we're working on this)

This update will also contain:

- zImage - with increased reserved memory for 3D (now for example Angry Birds from market do not have white squares), WiFi sleep issue resolved (some ind of workaround), calling issue resolved (no more black screen)

- maybe (after some tests) Bluetooth

@erikcas: it's still beta2 ;-)

The IMEI functioning we will have our O2 in return the life… Great Devs work… we are thankful!

Where date will leave this update?

Guest moiassar78

Calllight isn't needed - it's only way how Phone part is loaded. It will be released and used until we managed natively use of O2 Phone part like we use now modem.bin from I6500

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

- all frequencies supported

Disadvantages:

- slower GPS fix (we're working on this)

This update will also contain:

- zImage - with increased reserved memory for 3D (now for example Angry Birds from market do not have white squares), WiFi sleep issue resolved (some ind of workaround), calling issue resolved (no more black screen)

- maybe (after some tests) Bluetooth

Thanks alot Voytecks you are fantastic really i m big fan of i wish i can help but i ve no knowlodge in linux and ubuntu waiting ur update , but i ve one ask from you please concentrte on bluetooth and thanks on advanced

@erikcas: it's still beta2 ;-)

Guest TRoN_1

I too am excited about this upadate:) I just wish there was a solution for the screen calibration. My screen works well in WM, but in Android, the bottom 1/4-1/8 of the screen is inaccessable(mostly the left side). It makes Android virtually unusable:( I notices others on this forum have same/similar issue.

Guest xibianliang

i've never managed to make the camera work and it crashed every time i started it, with an error message saying xxx has stopped unexpectedly. i tried installing it to internal storage and external SD card but neither method works. anyone else?

i've never managed to make the camera work and it crashed every time i started it, with an error message saying xxx has stopped unexpectedly. i tried installing it to internal storage and external SD card but neither method works. anyone else?

+1 sad.gif

Thanks dev for your hard work.. waiting for next update. smile.gif

Guest voyteckst

I too am excited about this upadate:) I just wish there was a solution for the screen calibration. My screen works well in WM, but in Android, the bottom 1/4-1/8 of the screen is inaccessable(mostly the left side). It makes Android virtually unusable:( I notices others on this forum have same/similar issue.

Have You tried soluttion I described???

+1 on the camera issue ... and had been trying to work around init.rc (I'm having manual install on my storage) but no luck

has been trying to get help from xda as well

also, tried to move the app to SD but failed (through app management), and some app can't be installed (with error 18, related to asec)

seems /mnt is inaccessible?

UPDATE: seems to be related to vold.fstab, now studying

Edited by Job21

Guest wlw6600

The download statstics can't be count direcct, because of it's very hot,many people modify and define for himself ,for example 51haoa.com,and some download start here but not all download from here,

Guest voyteckst

The download statstics can't be count direcct, because of it's very hot,many people modify and define for himself ,for example 51haoa.com,and some download start here but not all download from here,

I don't understand chinese. Do they did any useful modifications?

I don't understand chinese. Do they did any useful modifications?

checked briefly,

one particular mod has worked on wifi death / battery indicator / key re-mapping / camera hardware key etc. http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

another one is my storage installation http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

see if google translate helps you

BTW,can't send you PM, probably your box is full?

Edited by Job21

Guest voyteckst

checked briefly,

one particular mod has worked on wifi death / battery indicator / key re-mapping / camera hardware key etc. http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

another one is my storage installation http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

see if google translate helps you

BTW,can't send you PM, probably your box is full?

Chinese isn't so easy to translate - goole translates it, but most of sentences don't have sense. My box is empty now.

According to My Storage installation I will do it.

Guest xibianliang

Chinese isn't so easy to translate - goole translates it, but most of sentences don't have sense. My box is empty now.

According to My Storage installation I will do it.

there's no major change to the original one except that an modified installer is included , so that you can automatically install Android to internal storage with an ext4 formatted partition

Guest voyteckst

there's no major change to the original one except that an modified installer is included , so that you can automatically install Android to internal storage with an ext4 formatted partition

What about hardware camera key? I also saw something about 3d from S5830, but it's strange because it has different CPU and GPU...

What about hardware camera key? I also saw something about 3d from S5830, but it's strange because it has different CPU and GPU...

they did claim the hw key of camera is also fixed Edited by Job21

interesting....

let me clarify a little bit

"the hw key can now activate camera app (for) picture taking without crash"

I'm not sure if that's referring to assigning key to start app, or the key for function inside the app.

Can update after installation completed

I have similar problem too. During a call the ear sound is sometimes too loud, but when I turn it down it completely goes away. If the screen locks in this state, there is no other way than to reconnect.

call> too loud > -1 > very quit or deaf

If I make the sound louder before turning it down, it doesn't fade out.

call > too loud > +1 > nothing happens > -1 > quiter than at the beginning > -1 > quit but not completely deaf

I'd say that my phone calibrates the volume levels each time I try to change it :D

And as I have written before, the sound quality is worse than in WM. For me incoming calls sound as if the sound was oversteered at some point and then turned down in this state - even if it's set quit it's crackled.

Then it's not hardware problem :D good to know, thanks.

Guest xibianliang

why, i see no mention of camera key being fixed or GPU being ported from other devices in this thread http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

i'm also a member of that forum. and if there is any major breakthrough, i'll let you guys know. but none for the moment.

Edited by xibianliang

why, i see no mention of camera key being fixed or GPU being ported from other devices in this thread http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

i'm also a member of that forum. and if there is any major breakthrough, i'll let you guys know. but none for the moment.

hi xibian, I was talking about another patch

http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

or can you please advise me which patch has a longer history of development? I'm new to that and have no idea which one is more reputable

Edited by Job21

Guest xibianliang

let me clarify a little bit

"the hw key can now activate camera app (for) picture taking without crash"

I'm not sure if that's referring to assigning key to start app, or the key for function inside the app.

Can update after installation completed

Anyway, the camera key on my omnia2 can activate the camera app without any modifications but sadly it just crashed before i could catch a glimpse of the camera interface