[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest thanh_nha0706

@voyteckst we have a problem with voice recording (like voice search and soundhound ) can you help us on this ?

I have a way to use Voice search or other programs that need voice record. First you have to do a phone call, it's not necessary to answer this, then you can use the voice recording function after that. Have fun! :)

hi xibian, I was talking about another patch

http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

or can you please advise me which patch has a longer history of development? I'm new to that and have no idea which one is more reputable

has give a few minutes of the above mod-build

like xibian mentioned, if ur camera doesn't work initially, this build doesn't help much

did find the additional 32m extended memory (with Swapper 2) helps smoothing the whole system, maybe Dev team can consider this in the next release (e.g. along the improved bluetooth) so for others, you may want to experience it yourself before making it a fixture in O2

Edited by Job21

Guest AoSra1n

Is this what that site about chinese patch says? It will fix wifi problem, battery shows correct percentages, sensor is fixed, camera button can open and take photos, swapper 32mb, some other speed improvements, and battery life improvements. Its available to download as in ISO.

e.g. Google translate translates some lines like this 'I am a delegate to the fish, but I hope you take the fish burned.' LOL!!

Maybe someone with chinese knowledge should pm voyteckst and let him know about these changes.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest erikcas

Is this what that site about chinese patch says? It will fix wifi problem, battery shows correct percentages, sensor is fixed, camera button can open and take photos, swapper 32mb, some other speed improvements, and battery life improvements. Its available to download as in ISO.

e.g. Google translate translates some lines like this 'I am a delegate to the fish, but I hope you take the fish burned.' LOL!!

Maybe someone with chinese knowledge should pm voyteckst and let him know about these changes.

Again interesting... Do they have source available?

Guest Extremegmx

Don't recommend installing Swapper for root. After a while of usage I have come across some random bugs for example i couldn't open phonebook, settings or any installed app( automatically closed when started ). Only solution was to shut down the phone. :rolleyes:

Guest Trasheador

I have a way to use Voice search or other programs that need voice record. First you have to do a phone call, it's not necessary to answer this, then you can use the voice recording function after that. Have fun! :)

Tried it to see what happens, and it worked once. Shortly after stopped working. Seems like the phone enables access to the mic during the call, and leaves it on for a while after, then blocks it again. Just guessing... guess we'll see it fixed easily when the most important issues are fixed.

Edited by Trasheador

yes, i think you're getting most of the key points

about battery life improvement, it's something related to the proximity sensor (?), but they're also experiencing a little bit of bug. so it's a trade-off

Indeed, I've tried that ver.

By installation, it's using ghost mirror so you may have to clean up your storage first

Interface: it's basically simplified Chinese only (even you change the system language, it's still Chinese in most area)

Again interesting... Do they have source available?

hi erikcas, what you mean by source? please check pm Edited by Job21

Guest xibianliang

yes, i think you're getting most of the key points

about battery life improvement, it's something related to the proximity sensor (?), but they're also experiencing a little bit of bug. so it's a trade-off

hi erikcas, what you mean by source? please check pm

i have just read the post and it's a Ghost image. the original poster only made some superficial tweaks and there's no change to the kernel or driver , as people who try it still reports the same problem as we're currently having. i've been a member of that forum ever since i bought this phone and i know some of these guys who i think is not capable of making any significant changes to the original distribution. so don't expect miracle from there :D

i have just read the post and it's a Ghost image. the original poster only made some superficial tweaks and there's no change to the kernel or driver , as people who try it still reports the same problem as we're currently having. i've been a member of that forum ever since i bought this phone and i know some of these guys who i think is not capable of making any significant changes to the original distribution. so don't expect miracle from there :D

hi xibian, would you have any idea on how they work out the WOD (wifi of death) and the battery indicator? probably that would help the dev team here to enhance their next release

seems can only join 51haoa by invitation, so may need xibian your help to ask the patcher to share his wise on the wifi and battery issue

Edited by Job21

Guest lotuxete

Hi,

I've installed Froyob2 on my Omnia II and everything is working really fine as expected in the specifications (post #1). It's much faster than b1, sensors are more accurate, it wakes up really fast and phone part is working 100% (Spanish Vodafone). The only thing it's not working fine for me is Wifi (as everybody knows). I have to reboot the phone every time I want to use Wifi, but downloads and market are faster than b1.

I've read that devs. are thinking on coming back using the WM phone part, so I suggest releasing two different versions. One witch uses WM phone part and another one that uses native phone part as many people has suggested

I'm serious... this is a great, great work ¡¡. Thanks a lot ¡¡

PD: I've made manual installation with Ubuntu, on Internal 2Gb memory. Piece of cake ¡

Guest xibianliang

hi xibian, would you have any idea on how they work out the WOD (wifi of death) and the battery indicator? probably that would help the dev team here to enhance their next release

seems can only join 51haoa by invitation, so may need xibian your help to ask the patcher to share his wise on the wifi and battery issue

Hi didn't make any patch to the Wifi problem and he just set Wifi policy to Never Sleep.Out of curiosity, i've tried his Rom but i've got no surprise from it. there are just some skin deep modifications.

Oh, i forgot your battery indicator problem. the framework-re.apk was just modified to have a percentage battery indicator

hi xibian, the battery issue with B2 was described as "wrong indication under android" - e.g it was shown around 70% in WM but only 50 in android Edited by Job21

Guest voyteckst

hi xibian, the battery issue with B2 was described as "wrong indication under android" - e.g it was shown around 70% in WM but only 50 in android

This issue is corrected now and will be in the next update. It was no error, but another percentage display than in WM.

Edited by voyteckst

how can we install i downloaded but couldnt install

since that's patch was an unauthorized mirror of the dev. works, I'd rather not to talk in detail

just a few word: if u know how to use norton ghost

This issue is corrected now and will be in the next update. It was no error, but another percentage display than in WM.

more interest in the storage installation

wonder if part of the vold should also be worked out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1088474

(actually I found 1 of the line is already included in your init.rc, but that vold has something even more, relating to asec. which might explained the error 18 I encountered when installing some app)

PS I do the manual storage installation by swapping the lines only

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

[change the blk no.]

Guest AoSra1n

Sounds good. Hope it comes out soon.

Guest xibianliang

hi xibian, the battery issue with B2 was described as "wrong indication under android" - e.g it was shown around 70% in WM but only 50 in android

I replaced the framework-re.apk with the one taken from his rom, with everything else unchanged. after that, i also don't have the wrong battery indicator issue. i don't know why

Edited by xibianliang

Guest xibianliang

would there be any chances of having Wifi tethering on Omnia2? i want my omnia2 act as an access point for my Android tablet .Thanks

since that's patch was an unauthorized mirror of the dev. works, I'd rather not to talk in detail

just a few word: if u know how to use norton ghost

amazing fast there many applications still fast interesting

thanks devs team

Edited by ASIDER

amazing fast there many applications still fast interesting

thanks devs team

as I pointed earlier, it's because of swapper 2, using part of your space as memory (like your PC)

But you 'd better be careful of where to save the swapper, with its frequent I/O, the life of storage maybe shorter (a warning from the developer)

what I do now is to get an additional (last) partition in my SD card and dedicated that to swapper 2