[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shockwavenl

Read at least a few earlier pages before you post maybe? ;)

Regardless, here is the fix for DNS with DHCP. (Don't know about username/password network, but I presume you have to get DNS with DHCP working properly first then see):

The DNS servers are not being set from the DHCP response for WiFi. I think I've figured out a fix (or maybe it's a workaround) that works for all networks.

In a terminal window (App screen/drawer, Dev Tools, Terminal Emulator) type the following:

su

echo interface wlan0 >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

echo option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

Now turn off static IP and connect.

Alternatively, if you know how to use the vi editor you can use that on /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf and just change eth0 to wlan0

OMG, what do i do when i cant put in any numbers?!? they just dont work WTF?blink.gif

Guest andylau

Please stop asking when it will be released. It will be released when ready. Maybe end of this week.

so glad to hear such a exciting news after my boring class, all we have to do is just waiting and waiting

Guest ricardocr

Hi All

Thanks for all your work

On the previous release games were working almost perfectly, but now all of them only show white backgrounds and weird objects, I tried to use a new o2b3update file but it seems that the haret.exe is ignoring it when, is there anything else that I can do as to have a better performance on games and apps? windows mobile was already good enough for just sending messages and make calls....

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Hi All

Thanks for all your work

On the previous release games were working almost perfectly, but now all of them only show white backgrounds and weird objects, I tried to use a new o2b3update file but it seems that the haret.exe is ignoring it when, is there anything else that I can do as to have a better performance on games and apps? windows mobile was already good enough for just sending messages and make calls....

Just read the beta release explanations from 17/09/2011

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

According to wifi - if it works I probably forgot to change eth0 to wlan0 in dhcpcd.conf. for me it works without this, that's the cause...

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Perhaps it depends on DHCP server type. For me I definitely needed to change eth0 to wlan0 (tested on work/office, home and other networks).

According to problems:

- for us camera just work fine - it has not autofocus and light but work on this is being done

Strange, since for me it is now crashing all the time now, but when it was working, so was the light. I will reinstall from fresh and try again. Perhaps it is some app I installed.

- ping? it works...

Thanks. I will retest with fresh install and try and provide more information if it still fails.

- ifconfig? it also works..

Yes it works, but the output for IPv6 looks odd. Here is the output from adb shell:

ifconfig wlan0

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:21:19:BC:78:4D

inet addr:172.25.1.16 Bcast:172.25.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

inet6 addr: ♦Mâ¥|ë <==== Notice the rubbish character string here *******

/64 Scope:Link <==== embedded line break from trash IPv6 address forces mask onto newline

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:161 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:122 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:74187 (72.4 KiB) TX bytes:17888 (17.4 KiB)

Hence I wonder if a bad IPv6 address causes any problems, or whether this is a sign of a buffer overflow somewhere. Maybe IPv6 support should be disabled for now?

- link to CM is useless......

CM = CyanogenMod, yes, agreed, looks that way.

Last but not least: beta3 is comming (first as an update for sdcard install users). It will have:

- working BT

- no more black screen during call

- wifi sleep fix

- IMEI fix (another way of loading phone image, like in beta1)

- mic fix

- no more white squares in apps (increased memory allocation for 3d)

- 128MB swap partition

- battery percentage like in WM (altough it wasn't buggy!)

Excellent news. Thank you.

Edited by F53

Guest ricardocr

Ok this is getting weird, I was able to install the 4mb file but now all is working weird, then I followed the same procedure to install the 1.59 mb version and the file is ignored everytime, please please somebody helpme

Thanks!

I renamed the file to frb2update.tar.gz but it is still "ignored", I tried with the 4 mb file, but I also have the 1.5 mb wich one is better?

I am placing the file on my storage root, what I am doing wrong?

Guest moiassar78

HI Voytecks

thanks alot for ur awesome news about the new update (waiting to try it soon)

and please if possible to include Arabic support (I ve Arabic update file if you want I can send it for you. but still the menu in English although can read messages, files, and websites in Arabic well but as I told u still the main menu in English)

thanks again for your patient

Does the my storage installation is faster than the SD?

I know, my English sucks...

back to 5,6 pages before, someone said if a class 4 or 6 SD was used, it should be as good as (if not better) installing to internal storage

HI Voytecks

thanks alot for ur awesome news about the new update (waiting to try it soon)

and please if possible to include Arabic support (I ve Arabic update file if you want I can send it for you. but still the menu in English although can read messages, files, and websites in Arabic well but as I told u still the main menu in English)

thanks again for your patient

sorry mate, but may I know if the language pack comes in as APK? maybe you can try to bring it into the /system/app so it would be pre-load after your next reboot

(I've to admit I've no experience of modding at all)

Regardless the issue I'm still having with B2, I'm sticking to it until B3's release.

Once again, great job, Dev. team

Just remember once there's someone raising that the WM battery indicator wasn't showing the real capacity

under WM, if the battery is fully charged, the "100% down to 90%" range would be covering more usage than "90% to 80%" and so on

so whether dev team existing battery indicator was intended to address this and thus, refer to different battery counter

Also, for the USB connecting problem, an interesting finding I would share

1) Sometimes, PC can't detect it

2) Or even if it detect it, phone manager prog can't be connected

Earlier today, I came across the 2nd situation again.

But after I close the firefox for some addon setup, the USB was suddenly detected

Edited by Job21

Guest lalinde89

Any advice to manage ram memory in android?? i mean to kill or not kill some apps, now i started to discover that when i reboot the O2 to andorid, it is sooo fast!but when i start to use some apps no matter if i close them..it get a little lag between everything!Any advive??what did you do with your open apps?

THX!!

Any advice to manage ram memory in android?? i mean to kill or not kill some apps, now i started to discover that when i reboot the O2 to andorid, it is sooo fast!but when i start to use some apps no matter if i close them..it get a little lag between everything!Any advive??what did you do with your open apps?

THX!!

I think a number of us is experiencing that (even though some said task killer is not necessary for android), thus dev team is going to include swapper (i.e. make use of storage as virtual memory) in the B3

Guest moiassar78

back to 5,6 pages before, someone said if a class 4 or 6 SD was used, it should be as good as (if not better) installing to internal storage

sorry mate, but may I know if the language pack comes in as APK? maybe you can try to bring it into the /system/app so it would be pre-load after your next reboot

(I've to admit I've no experience of modding at all)

Regardless the issue I'm still having with B2, I'm sticking to it until B3's release.

Once again, great job, Dev. team

Thanks for ur replay Job21

the Arabic support I use is as fr2update.tar.Hz it contain framework and lib files only

Edited by moiassar78

Guest shockwavenl

With what?

Into what?

lol

in the terminal emulator.. but i already changed the file using ubuntu:)

but it stil does not work XD

it keeps connecting and disconnecting and when it is connected is disconnects immidately and goes through that cycle again..

and is there a way to change the place where the camera saves the pictures? cuz its asking for sdcard

oh btw, why is it that when i put my device on it responds after a few seconds? thats really anoying..

Edited by shockwavenl

Thanks for ur replay Job21

the Arabic support I use is as fr2update.tar.Hz it contain framework and lib files only

wild guess - maybe you can try to extract that to your local version, via. ubuntu

Hi to all!!!!!

Has anyone given some search to the android OS problem? It's a Samsung Android phones problem that drains the battery fast and i think it applies to our Omnia android phone!!!!

Hi gyes , i'd like to ask about the screen after i proceeded in a succesfull auto installation to my storage card . I have my android installed ( great ! ) but here's the problem : the screen turns to black after a while and i cant get my android back ! It seems like locked and i'm forced to get the battery out and boot it ALL OVER AGAIN ! Can anybody halp me please ? Thanks !

To early to spend beta3, thanks dev contribution, we have been concerned, has been supporting you

this will be normal rom not beta :rolleyes:<_<:) i hope nandrom