[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest João Vicente

Don't get it. you say you install on my storage, but you use the automatic installer?

As far as I know it only installs on SD?

No, I try on My Storage, but stuck on pink screen. Automatic Installer its only for SD Card? On SD Card the OS it will be slow, right?

Guest erikcas

No, I try on My Storage, but stuck on pink screen. Automatic Installer its only for SD Card? On SD Card the OS it will be slow, right?

As far as I know the autmatic installer cannot install on My Storage.

It is NOT slow on SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use it daily on my SD, did use it on My Storage, there is no difference.

Guest João Vicente

As far as I know the autmatic installer cannot install on My Storage.

It is NOT slow on SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use it daily on my SD, did use it on My Storage, there is no difference.

Thanks man! I will try it! So... just copy all files to SD and run install.exe? Its necessary any modification?

Thanks man! I will try it! So... just copy all files to SD and run install.exe? Its necessary any modification?

U must run under ubuntu to have successful storage installation.try read the 1st post before u post, esp. For the 1st time user

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Just read the readme please ... it has all the steps... if you need help I'm portugese...

Guest João Vicente

Just read the readme please ... it has all the steps... if you need help I'm portugese...

Man... Its no joke! I lose all my day trying... I read, read again... And nothing!

I will try now my last try puting all files on SD Card. Do you have msn or something? My omnia its 2gb version. But I cant instal it on My Storage anyway...

Nothing yet!

Edited by João Vicente

wish a better ram performance of the new beta :lol::lol::lol:

i wish it was faster, because launchers like go launcher dont work properly because its too slow:(

and even with a widget that displays time/date and weather eats performance.. and then im running launcherpro.

but all we can do is wait now i thinkunsure.gif

go launch is not fast ,and some other launch need a lot ram,make it run really slowly。。。。dry.gifdry.gif

As a temporary solution to memory shortage, you may try swapper2 (but as the app developer said, u run the risk of losing the SD card gradually, with its frequent I/O)

preparation: a SD card, any speed / size (you may want to put min. investment considering the above risk)

with partitioning tools, create a partition (with size equals or larger than suggested below) at tail of the SD (assume u have no partition before, then now partition 2)

run swapper

settings (my suggestion)

swappiness: 40 (don't try anything above 60 or you risk system instability)

swap size: 128mb / 192mb

(or if you set swappiness 60, better tune up the swap size to 192mb, I think best ratio is 32mb per 10 swappiness increment)

then go advance, check swap parition, change the partition path to ".... blk0p2 " (if your new partition is newly created as above)

all set then click "on"

Checked from swapper2, froyo B2 have around 160mb memory by default but will soon be eaten up with any 1 app on, so you definitely would need the swapper to get some additional memory

And seems this memory improvement also helps on the caller ID to be more responsive

Edited by Job21

Guest João Vicente

I give up, don´t work at all, still the pink death screen!!

I give up too! About 13hours trying.... I waiting a better installer! I read entire thread and nothing... Always PSOD!

Edited by João Vicente

Guest voyteckst

I give up too! About 13hours trying.... I waiting a better installer! I read entire thread and nothing... Always PSOD!

Sorry mate, but no help for You. If You would read (with understanding, not quickly just to read) first and second post + readme in the package You would know everything You need to run it (I don't believe that You red entire thread though ;-) ), especially that there is testing kernel without pink displaying kernel messages. Installer installs on external SD card for now and it works - many people tried it.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest erikcas

Just thinking: Maybe translate the readme in Portuguese (maybe Spanish too) and make a topic with readme as startpost? Maybe could help a lot of people?

pal. the pink screen usually means u're having something wrong with the partition (including format of it)

make sure you follow the guide thoroughly including fat32 / ext4 ; primary / logical setting

Guest thanh_nha0706

I wish I could install it for you. I don't really know why you couldn't do that if you read the whole topic. Instead of reading all, just focus on thread #1 and #2...

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

Man... Its no joke! I lose all my day trying... I read, read again... And nothing!

I will try now my last try puting all files on SD Card. Do you have msn or something? My omnia its 2gb version. But I cant instal it on My Storage anyway...

Nothing yet!

don't tell me that u r trying the automatic installer by copying all files into sd card! ! !

the files must be copied to my storage.. run installer from my storage.. it will automatically install on sd card then..!

Guest rom_omnia2

This is for the attention of voyteckst

Yes I can confirm that the Phone is not working because the IMEI is set to all zeros ie 000000 etc

This is because when you install Beta2 if you look at the file system that is created you will

find that the efs folder is empty. This folder normally contains phone info including imei and root

folders, also nv_data.bin, param.bin files.

I went back and installed Beta1 again, efs is perfectly created with all the files in it.

The phone then worked perfectly, has the same IMEI as in winmo.

I hope that this will be of help voyteckst.

So? Is he right?

EDIT: Well, i don't think so, my froyo have this folders. It's hidden just during runtime, but still there i guess.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest nikkotsoi

beta need more ram and 3d performance dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

i want 1gb ram and good 3d performance like the galaxy s2!

CAN I???

Our i8000 's hardware is just too crap, there are not enough physical ram but not the software problem

the 3d drivers for the gpu used for other native android phone is still crap (i5700 from samsung , rubbish driver)

It is not that easy to write a new driver by just saying "beta need more ram and 3d performance dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif"

PAY FOR A NEW PHONE IF YOU WANT A PERFECT ONE!

beta need more ram and 3d performance dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

guys,be realistic, our o2 is already 3yrs old ( that's a lot in cellphone ind.)

In fact,without this porting,how many of us would go for a real deal? So I'll say this would already be the most we can taste the android in this shell

Just enjoy and contribute whenever u can

Edited by Job21

Guest AoSra1n

i think beta 3 should come with a bigger screen. If possible i would like AMOLED HD, and icecream sandwich OS. The phone should also be thinner and include a hardware keyboard. If anything less, i will be severely disappointed. :P

To all those who are stuck on the pink screen. I am jealous of you. I prefer it to android, it is a very sexy screen.

guys,be realistic, our o2 is already 3yrs old ( that's a lot in cellphone ind.)

In fact,without this porting,how many of us would go for a real deal? So I'll say this would already be the most we can taste the android in this shell

Just enjoy and contribute whenever u can

I agree with this sentiment. If you think it's slow, stop trying to run stupid live wallpapers and every shiny piece of crap and apps (:D) on your home screens and concentrate on what is important - phone, contact, messaging, browsing and GPS performance. Being able to play around with other Android stuff is just that and a bonus. If you want the shinies then it looks like you're going to have to pony up the dosh for a new phone.

We can also wait and see what beta3 brings. I expect it will be better, but it is still unrealistic to expect the same from our Omnia2s as a Galaxy S2.

I think this is a great project because it lets us mess about with Android to see how we can get the same things (functionality) out of it that we have on WinMo and decide on whether to spend the money on an up-to-date Android phone, or not. I think I will even be able to use it to give my O2 to my wife (she only wants to make calls and send messages) with a little more customisation than I could perhaps get from WinMo thus allowing me to buy a new phone for myself without getting a lecture on spending all that money on a new toy :D

Guest João Vicente

Everybody telling me that I dont read readme, or dont do this or that. Man... I try everything! I swear! I read not just first or second post. I read all thread! I try all partitions p1....p7! I will try when come a new installer. I know the problem its in partition, but I dont know what is...

I think its not too much user really install it. Maybe I open a poll asking how much user really install it.

For me... I waiting for a next version. I try everything in the thread (for windows I dont have linux)

how can i mount my storage as the sdcard? i've read that somewhere here before but cant seem to find it now. thanks

Like other advance editing, u better know where and how to recover ur change

Go to init.rc, find the line "mount... mmcblk0p1. ..sdcard" and a few line after it "mount... mmcblk1p1...storage",swap the blk0 and blk1

Or maybe u can share with us what u want to do with the storage mounted as sd?probably. There's some work around to the issue while maintaining system stability

Edited by Job21

Everybody telling me that I dont read readme, or dont do this or that. Man... I try everything! I swear! I read not just first or second post. I read all thread! I try all partitions p1....p7! I will try when come a new installer. I know the problem its in partition, but I dont know what is...

I think its not too much user really install it. Maybe I open a poll asking how much user really install it.

For me... I waiting for a next version. I try everything in the thread (for windows I dont have linux)

joao,no offence.and i know how discouraging it can be

But for other similar case as urs,patience towards the release of b3 (expected in days) seems to be the only sensible choice

Edited by Job21

Guest erikcas

Maybe you have to be more clear.

Like, what do you see when you run the installer?

Do you see lines like this:

Shrinking partition 0p1 to 1024kB

make ext4 on partition 0p2

Formatting ext4

Untarring ext4.tar.gz to 0p2

Or do you see a line like this:

Partition 1p5 not found!

As I am travelling by train on this moment, the exact lines I don't know.

But if the line is like the last with 1p5 not found, then you the partitioning of your "my storage" is different from what the installer expects. From what I read I think this is the problem.

The installer does nothing wrong. It just allways installs android from my storage (1p5) to partition 0p2.

If 1p5 does not exist it simply not installs Android. When using the installer you should never adjust startup.txt

You could easily restore the partitioning of "my storage" by re-flash your rom.