[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

Maybe you have to be more clear.

Like, what do you see when you run the installer?

Do you see lines like this:

Shrinking partition 0p1 to 1024kB

make ext4 on partition 0p2

Formatting ext4

Untarring ext4.tar.gz to 0p2

Or do you see a line like this:

Partition 1p5 not found!

As I am travelling by train on this moment, the exact lines I don't know.

But if the line is like the last with 1p5 not found, then you the partitioning of your "my storage" is different from what the installer expects. From what I read I think this is the problem.

The installer does nothing wrong. It just allways installs android from my storage (1p5) to partition 0p2.

If 1p5 does not exist it simply not installs Android. When using the installer you should never adjust startup.txt

You could easily restore the partitioning of "my storage" by re-flash your rom.

Beta3 installer will detect My Storage partition. Maybe better he would do if he wait.

Guest João Vicente

Sweet!!! I will wait Beta3!!! But come on... will be awesome when we have a Android Rom to install on your O2! Just dreaming.

I think thats installing apps its not best choice to try on O2, I already has a Galaxy S, O2 its from my wife. And no way run all kinds apps on it. But its nice check apps like FindMyDorid, Skype, and browser.

For user that install android on o2, can you run flash (installing the app) on browser?

I will try again today, I reinstall a portuguese rom on it, I waiting @PuCiNhOOO and I think his will give me a little help.

Edited by João Vicente

Guest Marmach

i think beta 3 should come with a bigger screen. If possible i would like AMOLED HD, and icecream sandwich OS. The phone should also be thinner and include a hardware keyboard. If anything less, i will be severely disappointed. :P

To all those who are stuck on the pink screen. I am jealous of you. I prefer it to android, it is a very sexy screen.

+1 :D

I hope that beta3 won't have many bugs, because it would be tragic to read more "mr voyteckst, mr voyteckst! my car isn't Ferrari, can dev team do sth about it?!" :D

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

+1 :D

I hope that beta3 won't have many bugs, because it would be tragic to read more "mr voyteckst, mr voyteckst! my car isn't Ferrari, can dev team do sth about it?!" :D

lololol .. rofl ! !

Guest csalasq

I did install the beta 2 on my omnia 2 and works really fast, the performance and stability is much better now, but still having some problems, first the microphone is not working in some applications and second the most important, I cant make calls, it always say "not service" and there is not signal, when i try to search the available networks always appears a network error.

Guest kourabies

i installed android on my storage but i have a few problems. one is with the wifi. i cant connect to my home router and access to the internet. and second how can i do my phone when it starts to start with android? i changed startup.txt but i didnt manage to make it work. how can i put my contacts from winmo to the android and also it says me that the msd card need to be formated. i try to do it but no results. thanks for your time.

Beta3 available.

Thanks A lot Mr. Voyteckst hope it solves most of the problems we are facing in Beta 2

Once again thanks a lot for your work and your time dedicated to this project

one more thing sir is the problem of the white square while playing the games has been solved or not

Edited by faisad

Guest harrypotter222

Beta3 installer will detect My Storage partition. Maybe better he would do if he wait.

I guess it has to be the default WM rom My Storage partition? Will it accommodate for device which has beta1/beta2 installed on mystorage?

Guest voyteckst

I guess it has to be the default WM rom My Storage partition? Will it accommodate for device which has beta1/beta2 installed on mystorage?

In future maybe yes, for now not. We cannot support different configurations, because it would took a lot of time for testing only installer.

Guest enriquedopico

Is possible update from beta2 to beta3 if is now installed in My Storage through manual install??

-Backup

-Copy zImage, frb2update.tar.gz and frb2update.sh in My Storage

-Create addicional partition????

Maybe??

Regards

Edited by enriquedopico

Guest Odysseas07

voyteckst

Thank you very much man

I have install the beta 3 i can use the bluetooth

Wifi it look like its correct now

3d its very good

i have error with camera

Can i ask where we can see the swap memory ???

I have only 25mb ram

Guest crusssader

hi devs :)

im trying to install two pakages ....end gues what ....

update to Fb3 in charge and then asked something ... waiting for reply YES/NO? ??? .... how to write it ... the question is about the size of partision.

in the new installer again

End? and still waiting for a response

phone just reinstalled with rom Rapid,im using 2G sd card:))))exuce me for my english

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst

Thank you very much man

I have install the beta 3 i can use the bluetooth

Wifi it look like its correct now

3d its very good

i have error with camera

Can i ask where we can see the swap memory ???

I have only 25mb ram

Open command line and type: free, second row should be filled with numbers.

hi devs :)

im trying to install two pakages ....end gues what ....

update to Fb3 in charge and then asked something ... waiting for reply YES/NO? ??? .... how to write it ... the question is about the size of partision.

in the new installer again

End? and still waiting for a response

phone just reinstalled with rom Rapid,im using 2G sd card:))))exuce me for my english

So maybe Your fat partition is messed up or not enough space? Sorry no way to type: Yes.

BTW. You have to have 1160MB free space.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest alabama20

Open command line and type: free, second row should be filled with numbers.

So Your fat partition is messed up. Sorry no way to type: Yes. You have to have 1160MB free space.

iI have the same message and i checked the partitions, now i have 31MB partition, 617MB partition and 7GB partition and my 512MB HR partition is gone :)

Guest voyteckst

iI have the same message and i checked the partitions, now i have 31MB partition, 617MB partition and 7GB partition and my 512MB HR partition is gone :)

My Storage or SD install? Put all info from the screen please.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest enriquedopico

Is possible update from beta2 to beta3 if is now installed in My Storage through manual install??

-Backup

-Copy zImage, frb2update.tar.gz and frb2update.sh in My Storage

-Create addicional partition????

Maybe??

Regards

Or is necessary "Fresh install" with autoinstaller??

Thanks!!

Guest voyteckst

you are right,, i can see only 845mb from 2gb sd card.... how to fix this ? trying format but the phone or PC see only this 845 mb ...

2gb card should be enough. Try to repartition it - remove all and create only fat32 or none.

My storage :D But i ran the install again and now it's fine and rebooted so i try to run the beta 3.

Great.

Edited by voyteckst