[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest João Vicente

#%¨&#! Only me cant use automatic installer!? This is so noob!!! Why? With this new installer I get a error on Heret. Show me the program and a screen with something about "conection" and "Correct device"

Guest erikcas
#%¨&#! Only me cant use automatic installer!? This is so noob!!! Why? With this new installer I get a error on Heret. Show me the program and a screen with something about "conection" and "Correct device"

If I am correct Voyteckst posted that there is a bug with the automatic installer for my storage.

He also suggested to wait for the corrected version?

Guest João Vicente

If I am correct Voyteckst posted that there is a bug with the automatic installer for my storage.

He also suggested to wait for the corrected version?

Yeah! I read that. But I do not change nothing, just put files on My Storage and install it... So, its to be ok on the SD card install, right?

Guest Trasheador

Now 2G works fine, but can't switch to 3G. In phone info says "GSM" only, but my carrier uses HDSPA through WCDMA. Tried to change it, but didn't work, it always reverts back to "GSM Only". Any ideas?

Guest Odysseas07

And add correct entry in /etc/fstab

hello

what do you mean with this ???

What is the correct entry ???

in the fstad i have

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap

swap defaults 0 0

can we see the swap memory on the RAM widjets ???

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest voyteckst

hello

what do you mean with this ???

What is the correct entry ???

in the fstad i have

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap

swap defaults 0 0

can we see the swap memory on the RAM widjets ???

It's for manual install only...

Guest voyteckst

Thanks DEV TEAM ! Thanks voyteckst ! I have successfully installed the beta3, very good,but now there is a problem that is too small available memory, swap has been established!:lol:

I'm using it daily (bsbsbs also does). Memory is enough for normal light usage.

Guest João Vicente

I get the default.txt error too...Can anyone help me? I just use automatic install, put all files on My Storage, dont change anything and run autoinstaler

Guest jonaspp

Hello,

Great work Devs!

I did a fresh install using the automatic install package and I had a few problems (swap partition related), but I managed to install Beta 3 successfully.

I'm facing some problems related with my Phone's network, I don't get network signal.

Actually, seems that Android do not recognizes my carrier network, or anything related to that.

If I go in Setting / Mobile networks, the option Mobile Networks (set options for roaming...) it is disabled.

I'm from Brazil, and my carrier is Vivo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivo_S.A.)

Anybody facing this problem? Anybody solved this issue?

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I get the default.txt error too...Can anyone help me? I just use automatic install, put all files on My Storage, dont change anything and run autoinstaler

Just be cool, and try to talk to me ... I'll be in msn

My problem is very similar to this person:

Thanks a lot for you strive,

I'm very excited in this achievement,

unfortunately,B3's camera unexpected stop as B2,only B1's camera can run once after reset .

Until now I have not been able to set the camera to running, not knowing what was wrong with my phone . the other feature just working fine sad.gif

Edited by xcavs

Guest jonaspp

Hello,

Great work Devs!

I did a fresh install using the automatic install package and I had a few problems (swap partition related), but I managed to install Beta 3 successfully.

I'm facing some problems related with my Phone's network, I don't get network signal.

Actually, seems that Android do not recognizes my carrier network, or anything related to that.

If I go in Setting / Mobile networks, the option Mobile Networks (set options for roaming...) it is disabled.

I'm from Brazil, and my carrier is Vivo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivo_S.A.)

I fixed my problem!

I rebooted Android with recovery option.

After that, the SIM card was recognized with perfect signal strength.

Edited by jonaspp

Hey how long until you fix the internal storage bug? is it worth me reinstalling beta 2?

Tryed manualy installing it but it just restarts back to WinMo after i run haret.

Edited by Nexere

Guest erikcas
Hey how long until you fix the internal storage bug? is it worth me reinstalling beta 2?

Tryed manualy installing it but it just restarts back to WinMo after i run haret.

Think it is ready when it is

Guest rom_omnia2

My Storage installation, now with swap:

mmcblk1p1 - FAT32

mmcblk1p2 - Ext4

mmcblk1p3 - Swap

fstab: /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

At begin was slow and i had just 30Mb available.

After some while all that applications we don't use and it's loaded by themself (FaceBook, Gmail, Talk, Maps, Search ...) is moved to swap.

Now i got 50Mb free and seems to work fast. Using Advance Task Killer to see what application is running and free memory (it does not kill anything if you set it right).

Guest enriquedopico

My Storage installation, now with swap:

mmcblk1p1 - FAT32

mmcblk1p2 - Ext4

mmcblk1p3 - Swap

fstab: /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

At begin was slow and i had just 30Mb available.

After some while all that applications we don't use and it's loaded by themself (FaceBook, Gmail, Talk, Maps, Search ...) is moved to swap.

Now i got 50Mb free and seems to work fast. Using Advance Task Killer to see what application is running and free memory (it does not kill anything if you set it right).

You

extrated frb2update.tar.gz + copy .sh and zImage

or

only copy three update files

??????????

Now that I know position of swap's partition(it seems not important as it is related in fstab). You can which size you gave it and kind of this partition???

I will do as mmcblk1p7 or mmcblk1p8 because My Storage is logical mmcblk1p6

Thanks!!

Guest ricardocr

Thanks to all devs

I am trying to install from a fresh install

But I am getting the SD card error ( end? ) I already tried to format the card from winmo several times, I also used minitool partition wozard to create first an ntfs partition and that didn't worked, then I formated with fat32 ( full size ) and I am still getting ( END? )

I'll appreciate any help on this

Thanks in advance

Guest carlospaco

Hello,

Great work Devs!

Just restart it , i did have that problem to. I restart android and it was fixed.

i m trying for fresh install .. i m using custom rom , i wonder is it because of this halt me from installing it ..i tried the auto installation on the sd card , but it seems like failed to find the ext4.tar.gz file..eventhough i already paste the file into the storage card

this is what i has done

1. i created a fat32 , primary partition and a EXT 4 ,primary partition with 1.5gb space

2 . i copy all the files into the storage card

3. click the android instlall

4. it run smooothly until it fail to find the ext4.tar.gz

anyone please help? i have beeen waiting to use android for so long ed ... pls pls pls ... your help will be GREATLY appreciated :) Thanks :) :) :)

Guest rom_omnia2

You

extrated frb2update.tar.gz + copy .sh and zImage

or

only copy three update files

??????????

Now that I know position of swap's partition(it seems not important as it is related in fstab). You can which size you gave it and kind of this partition???

I will do as mmcblk1p7 or mmcblk1p8 because My Storage is logical mmcblk1p6

Thanks!!

Sorry, i did a fresh install:

1) Created all partitions manualy 2) Extrated ext4.tar.gz in my ext4 partition 3) Created the fstab file at /system/etc 4) Other changes, like right my sotage path at init.rc.

Theres a way to update your current installation, you have to update/change the .sh file. And you would also have to create your partitions and fstab manualy.

I prefer do not write "how" here, better wait devs auto-install update.

Or you could make a fresh install creating all partitions manualy and create fstab manualy, like i said at begin.

EDIT:

I've created the swap partition using a linux tool, it's just called swap, created one with 120mb. Dev's script use this: "linux-swap", with 128mb. But i guess any ext3/4 partition works (I GUESS, you can try, if i'm wrong then you just update this partition later to a swap one).

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest enriquedopico

Sorry, i did a fresh install:

1) Created all partitions manualy 2) Extrated ext4.tar.gz in my ext4 partition 3) Created the fstab file at /system/etc 4) Other changes, like right my sotage path at init.rc.

Theres a way to update your current installation, you have to update/change the .sh file. And you would also have to create your partitions and fstab manualy.

I prefer do not write "how" here, better wait devs auto-install update.

Or you could make a fresh install creating all partitions manualy and create fstab manualy, like i said at begin.

I know how to do this but only need size and kind of swap partition. 128 ??? ext4 ????

Thanks a lot!!!

Guest ricardocr

Anyone please help me with these

I also tried formating the card on an android phone, same result

Thanks to all devs

I am trying to install from a fresh install

But I am getting the SD card error ( end? ) I already tried to format the card from winmo several times, I also used minitool partition wozard to create first an ntfs partition and that didn't worked, then I formated with fat32 ( full size ) and I am still getting ( END? )

I'll appreciate any help on this

Thanks in advance

Guest marisaleh

Just a quick update following the installation of Beta3,

The phone now works fine,

Wifi now works fine, but it is power hungry it

seems to drain the battery faster than charging it.

last night the phone was loosing charge even when

it was being charged, because wifi was turned on.

I think only turn wifi on if you need it and turn off

as soon as possible.

- It drains the battery very fast

- Increases the temperature inside the phone

this could damage the phone in the long run.

I don't think this is an Android problem, it is

the type of wifi adapter in the phone.

Regarding RAM usage, I am still playing

with the phone. I noticed from previously

that when Android boots up, It seems to

load up loads of apps that we don't need

for example email client, messaging etc.

These programs by their nature consume

both memory and power.

This affects battery life due to constant

polling of these programs eg GPS,

and also performance by taking up

RAM space.

My question is, is it possible to skin android

to minimum on boot up, ie with minimum

apps and processes.You can run Apps and

Processes when you need them later and

kill them when finished with them.

This will keep the Battery life and RAM usage