[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

EDIT: its now already for 10 mins on the bootscreen... thats not normal i think XD?

Nope, not normal if it is the Omnia II loading screen. Check your startup.txt if you set partition numbers right. Didn't see you mention that in your post.

If it is the android logo screen. Be patient. First boot takes a long time.

Edited by erikcas

Guest shockwavenl

Nope, not normal. Check your startup.txt if you set partition numbers right. Didn't see you mention that in your post.

should it be mmcblk0p2 or 1p2? since the ext4 partition is the second one?

its now loading for already 20 mins btw.. so not rightohmy.gif

extra info i have the partitions like this:

1. fat32 6gb

2. ext4 around 1.2gb

3. linux-swap around 250mb

note: ALL SET AS PRIMARY!

Edited by shockwavenl

I also experience the exact same 2 problems.

For my contact problem I just sync with my google account to get everything back (it reads nothing from sim-card at all :( )

For WiFi it doesn't happen always. In the 10 times I activate WiFi this happens like 1-2 times. My solution to it is the same solution you use.

Mhm, at least im not the only one, but I thought there was a post already where there was mentioned a solution for the Sim Card problem.

A way to get those contacts. But I forgot how. (maybe it was on the XDA-forums)

Guest rom_omnia2

ok finally the manual install on page 94 works i think..

i did everything EXACTLY as it supposed to be:

make the partitions.

untar the ext4.tar.gz

copy the haret.exe etc to the sdcard partition

changed the things in voldfstab and did the commands with the fstab.

now it says when booting: Android on Omnia II loading...

how long does this supposed to take?

hope someone can reply asap:)

EDIT: its now already for 10 mins on the bootscreen... thats not normal i think XD?

Shouldn't take more than ~30 seconds. Try touch the screen.

It's a My Storage installation, right? By the guide your startup.txt should be 1p2:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"
If you don't have a SDCARD, then it should be 0p2:
Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

Also make sure you didn't extract the ext4.tar.gz inside any folder.

Guest shockwavenl

touching the screen wont help.

if i just leave the fstab untouched what would happen?

because when i execute those commands. sudo touch fstab thing it does not say anithing. i just get new line. is that correct?

wil wil try again with 1p2.

EDIT: btw i didnt use the vi command. i just open the files using ubuntu and then change the lines cuz the vi command does not work properly and i see half of the lines in the file..

i think that is not wrong?

EDIT2: i waited over a minute now and touched the screen but still it says "loading" (now startup is with 1p2) (and yes i have sdcard in my devicebiggrin.gif)

EDIT3: maybe vold.fstab is wrong?

i checked the partitions and it has to be 1p2 because its the second partition..

Edited by shockwavenl

Guest PuCiNhOOO

should it be mmcblk0p2 or 1p2? since the ext4 partition is the second one?

its now loading for already 20 mins btw.. so not rightohmy.gif

extra info i have the partitions like this:

1. fat32 6gb

2. ext4 around 1.2gb

3. linux-swap around 250mb

note: ALL SET AS PRIMARY!

Where do you have the instalation? do you have an SDCard inserted?

That is not only that way ... you need to know what are the partitions number on GParted or similar ... if it is said that is sdf5 ou 6, you need to use is as mmcblk1p5 or 6 ...check that right

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest lotuxete

Some common bugs detected in b3:

- While an incoming call I can't "wake up" the phone, even if I touch the screen or any button. I have to wait 2-4 seconds in order to see the screen and answer.

- GPS is working really bad. I can't connect anyway.

- Sensors works only for a while, and after a few minutes they stop working. Sometimes the screen goes to landscape and then it's quite hard to make it come back to portrait.

- Sometimes the phone reboot itself, but it's a kind of "fast-reboot", because suddenly the android logo appears (the second one, not the first logo witch replaced the pink screen) and after a few seconds you are asked to enter the PIN again.

- I suffer a SOD this morning, but it's my first one after 5-6 days of intensive using. So... I don't care too much about it. I was using the camera, I closed it correctly, verified the photos in the gallery, turned off the screen... and after a few minutes I realized that I had a SOD.

- However bluetooth, camera and wifi works perfectly for me, even I can send heavy files through bluetooth. I read some complains, but definitively it works fine and now wifi still works even if the screen is turned off (it's great).

Bye.

PD: I'm still missing FM-radio ga-ga :lol:

Guest moiassar78

Can anyone help me? i'm in linux live cd 11.04 trying to -tar- and -cp- but these two commands reply with "such file or directory do not exist".

where should i put these files like ext4.tar.gz to linux find them?

any help will be welcomed.

btw devs are doing a great job.

put all files in home folder any try it will work

Guest moiassar78

hi everybody

it's amazing to see this b3 works like a charm thanks dev team

I ve two questions :

why I cannot receive apk files by Bluetooth while I can send them any suggestions?

how I can mount SD and my storage via USB connection what I ve to change?

thanks alot

Guest sea doo

Can anyone help me? i'm in linux live cd 11.04 trying to -tar- and -cp- but these two commands reply with "such file or directory do not exist".

where should i put these files like ext4.tar.gz to linux find them?

any help will be welcomed.

btw devs are doing a great job.

You must instal again linux/ubuntu and try again use this commands.

Edited by sea doo

Guest mangaba

Hi,

About GPS, I follow the instructions in the link http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/guide-gps-quickest-fix-solution.2022/ .

After this tip, my GPS works much better. After a reboot and downloading new AGPS data, a can get a fix in about 3-4 min. And in a hot start, in about 30 sec.

SDS

- While an incoming call I can't "wake up" the phone, even if I touch the screen or any button. I have to wait 2-4 seconds in order to see the screen and answer.

- GPS is working really bad. I can't connect anyway.

- Sensors works only for a while, and after a few minutes they stop working. Sometimes the screen goes to landscape and then it's quite hard to make it come back to portrait.

- Sometimes the phone reboot itself, but it's a kind of "fast-reboot", because suddenly the android logo appears (the second one, not the first logo witch replaced the pink screen) and after a few seconds you are asked to enter the PIN again.

- I suffer a SOD this morning, but it's my first one after 5-6 days of intensive using. So... I don't care too much about it. I was using the camera, I closed it correctly, verified the photos in the gallery, turned off the screen... and after a few minutes I realized that I had a SOD.

- However bluetooth, camera and wifi works perfectly for me, even I can send heavy files through bluetooth. I read some complains, but definitively it works fine and now wifi still works even if the screen is turned off (it's great).

Bye.

PD: I'm still missing FM-radio ga-ga :lol:

Guest danix2k

I have the same problem :( maybe it can be solved by devs..

Having problem installing relatively big apps from the SD (20MB and up?), most of them are games, any way to resolve this?

Using B7610 so no wifi+market :(

Thanks and keep it up

Edited by Athlos

Guest Odysseas07

Hi,

About GPS, I follow the instructions in the link http://www.darkyrom....-solution.2022/ .

After this tip, my GPS works much better. After a reboot and downloading new AGPS data, a can get a fix in about 3-4 min. And in a hot start, in about 30 sec.

SDS

Hello

You Said that After a reboot and downloading new AGPS data

Where i can go to update the AGPS data ???

Guest erikcas

Having problem installing relatively big apps from the SD (20MB and up?), most of them are games, any way to resolve this?

Using B7610 so no wifi+market :(

Thanks and keep it up

No market on B7610? Not having that problem

Guest mangaba

Hello,

I don´t know if android has a setting to do this, like WM have.

But I install a program called GPS status where you can manage the AGPS data (reset, download)

SDS

Hello

You Said that After a reboot and downloading new AGPS data

Where i can go to update the AGPS data ???

Guest wlw6600

No, just trying to find out why battery is eaten so fast in some cases.

According to battery it's rather strange becasue it's strange, ut we haven't looked at it yet.

I'm sure .

Edited by wlw6600

Guest wlw6600

excuse me, voyteckst, but have dev. team found out what causes the crash of camera in some machine? eager to know and help

continue search , any method to solve it ,

Maybe .unsure.gif

Edited by wlw6600

Guest Odysseas07

I dont know how but my camera sometimes worked and another doesnt.... But tells me that it cant find Sd card.... The sd card i can see it throuth the root explorer and throught the Astro ... i can see and the /mnt/sdcard and the /sdcard/ folder

I dont know what i have to do with the sdcard....

wlw6600 do you in the dev team ???

if no do you have any information for the camera from Voy or from another person of the team ???

Edited by Odysseas07

I dont know how but my camera sometimes worked and another doesnt.... But tells me that it cant find Sd card.... The sd card i can see it throuth the root explorer and throught the Astro ... i can see and the /mnt/sdcard and the /sdcard/ folder

I dont know what i have to do with the sdcard....

wlw6600 do you in the dev team ???

if no do you have any information for the camera from Voy or from another person of the team ???

guys, can u all share more info,that should help The dev to identify the root cause more easily.that's if u encounter camera issue,can u move app to sd?

I've a sense the 2 are related and maybe not path issue but access right setting

Guest Odysseas07

Yes i can move app 2 Sd my friend ....

If the devs want some files or something else i can give ...

But i cant tell what i have do to work the camera because i didnt do anything

Like i said sometime worked and sometime doesnt work ... I dont know why ...

No market on B7610? Not having that problem

I mean i'm not using 3G data connection at all since its still expensive here in Greece, imo at least.

Hence, i copy the .apk to SD and then install from there but on large files (usually) it fails to do so

Thanks

Guest Vinicius Oliveira

How to configure my vold.fstab on froyo beta 3 to see "my storage"? The infos wich i found are direfents of my file.

I was using the android on my sd card

My vold.fstab is

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

Guest voyteckst

Hi,

About GPS, I follow the instructions in the link http://www.darkyrom....-solution.2022/ .

SDS

Have You compared theses settings? For Europe difference is only in: INTERMEDIATE_POS=0 (they have 1). This file worked fine with beta2. With beta3 it don't work ok, because of some differences in O2 phone part.

BTW. For me cold fix is around 2-3 minutes.

Edited by voyteckst