[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest ottoangel

Google have already stated that any Gingerbread capable device will run ICS

If so what should I do to make it better?

The phone is fairly new and and it was original until yesterday when I put in CM9.

Guest ArcticFox

If so what should I do to make it better?

The phone is fairly new and and it was original until yesterday when I put in CM9.

You can't make it better, only the developer of the ROM can do that by optimising it for the phone, maybe the ICS GPU drivers might make it more smooth.

Guest ottoangel

You can't make it better, only the developer of the ROM can do that by optimising it for the phone, maybe the ICS GPU drivers might make it more smooth.

So that is the normal behaviour that all of you other people have?

Guest plegdroid

I cannot connect to my Mobile Data, it's enabled but it doesn't work, I'm from Orange what should I do?

silly question, but do you have available data to connect to 3g,and if not credit to cover it? I'd also get off orange and get another provider, orange will charge you silly rates to use their inferior services :)

Guest PedroVader

no the rom should be very quick, not slow and boggy.

Mine is quick with minimal oveclocking (844mhz), opera mini flies along (despite the awful interface)

Its easily quicker IMHO than Gingerbread, even without Orange's original bloat. If Lalit can get the new Adreno libs into the rom, I'm sure it'll be even better.:D

Guest plegdroid

Mine is quick with minimal oveclocking (844mhz), opera mini flies along (despite the awful interface)

Its easily quicker IMHO than Gingerbread, even without Orange's original bloat. If Lalit can get the new Adreno libs into the rom, I'm sure it'll be even better.:D

afternoon mate, re the interface for opera, have you turned off the navigation bar? if not turn it off in settings and see the difference ;)

:)

Guest PedroVader

afternoon mate, re the interface for opera, have you turned off the navigation bar? if not turn it off in settings and see the difference

Yeah, I have it disabled, its just the mobile layout, I don't think there's a way to change the user agent in mini, (I've been spoiled by the ICS browser)post-785654-133312544818_thumb.png

;)

Guest plegdroid

@Pedro, :D i thought you ment like this :)

not sure if the full version will let you, but at 13meg ,it's a bit on the big side for a browser

post-910238-133312585238_thumb.png

Edited by plegdroid

Guest H3ROS

I would guess all hacks to accelerate things will be removed and you'll use the official drivers soon? That would mean youtube should finally fully work too.

Guest tilal6991

I would guess all hacks to accelerate things will be removed and you'll use the official drivers soon? That would mean youtube should finally fully work too.

No - not yet anyway. A lot of code changes need to be made to allow the implementation of the new drivers.

Plus YouTube is completely unrelated to this.

Guest H3ROS

I (and others?) were under the impression that the reason youtube was laggy was due to hardware acceleration, which these drivers should now give you?

I'll be waiting patiently for the release with the new stuff. Thanks for your time and efforts so far. Impressive work from you and people such as Tom, especially on getting the camera working :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tilal6991

I (and others?) were under the impression that the reason youtube was laggy was due to hardware acceleration, which these drivers should now give you?

I'll be waiting patiently for the release with the new stuff. Thanks for your time and efforts so far. Impressive work from you and people such as Tom, especially on getting the camera working :)

I think I stated this before but it got lost in the middle of other posts.

HW acceleration != HW decoding. They are separate things. The YouTube laginess is to do with HW decoding and not acceleration. These drivers do indeed help with the acceleration but the decoding is unaffected and needs other fixes.

Edited by tilal6991

Guest H3ROS

Doh. I'm sure that will get sorted with time, but hey, at least things will get easier for you with full hardware acceleration being official now.

Keep up the good work :)

Guest plegdroid

No - not yet anyway. A lot of code changes need to be made to allow the implementation of the new drivers.

Plus YouTube is completely unrelated to this.

take it there's still files missing?

Guest tilal6991

Update coming today. Along with an update of MIUIFusionX. I think MIUI will be uploaded first - this is a very rare thing and won't happen too often. CM9 will be uploaded soon after.

Guest tilal6991

take it there's still files missing?

For YouTube - yes. QCOM haven't released the *Omx* binaries required.

For acceleration - we have all we need but it's just a case of fitting the new libs into the system so they work.

Guest plegdroid

For YouTube - yes. QCOM haven't released the *Omx* binaries required.

For acceleration - we have all we need but it's just a case of fitting the new libs into the system so they work.

good news :)

Guest H3ROS

It taken a week to get ARMv6 drivers out of them, maybe it's worth asking them for the Omx binaries too? You won't get what you don't ask for after all ;)

Guest tilal6991

It taken a week to get ARMv6 drivers out of them, maybe it's worth asking them for the Omx binaries too? You won't get what you don't ask for after all ;)

Maybe but I want to wait for a bit because the GalaxyICS guys seem to have it working but they still haven't released - I want to see what they did before moving onto asking qcom.