[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest windy_miller

Hey, i flashed back to FNC7 after using CM9 for the past month and I'm just wondering if there is an app which will let me use a button combination such as Menu + Vol- to take a screenshot? Also where can i find the theme thread?

Thanks

I'm back on FnC too. CM9 isn't quite ready for everyday use yet.

Guest raverrr

Rom based on FreeMobile stock one ?

Why this rom saw version: P736VB01 instead of "P771FVB05" ?

Yes it is based on the stock french "Free" ROM

ro.product.model=Blade S

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=P736V_FFR

Guest windy_miller

Raverrr, FnC 7 is working great but there is one thing that is bugging me. Looking at contacts, the phone numbers are formatted using the american system, e.g. 123-456-78901. They also appear like that whenever anyone calls me.

I tried chaning the locale using this app but it has made no difference.

https://play.google....XRsb2NhbGUiXQ..

EDIT:

just did a bit of googling, and this app fixes the problem

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImpwLmNvLmNfbGlzLmNjbC5tb3JlbG9jYWxlIl0.

Edited by windy_miller

Guest windy_miller

What did you do to edit it cause I can't figure out how to do it and its driving me mad

Just start the app, then select "English (United Kingdom)" from the list. The list appears to be in a completely random order though, so you will have to scroll though to find it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImpwLmNvLmNfbGlzLmNjbC5tb3JlbG9jYWxlIl0.

Guest Titas

any idea what rom will i use with no problem pls help. Tnx

If you want a fully functional custom ROM it's a no-brainer - this one!

Guest Loops

Hi

I've lost the ability to send or receive text messages. I think this is probably because I've lost the service centre number during the flashing process but can't find where to input the number.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Guest bzero

Alright

Big thanks for this rom. Got it up and running a few days ago on my Orange SF2. It looks great and its nice and fast. However I am experiencing the Bluetooth issue. I am a novice to all this so I am unsure on the best method to fix the problem.

The error I get is that the passkey is incorrect and the device cannot pair

"Their was a problem pairing with because the PIN or PASSKEY was incorrect."

The phone does not ask for any pin, it simply says it is pairing. The device I am pairing with gets the pairing request and then my SF2 throws up that error!

I have tried the adb push method mentioned at the end of the original post. I used the music apk from this stock rom - http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/zte/blade2/

The apk file was com.google.android.music.apk - I Pushed it to /system/app

The push was successful with no errors but it did not seem to fix the bluetooth problem I am having.

I did not try the reflashing method as I am unsure how to reflash the music app. I am also confused as to how the music app can resolve a Bluetooth issue?.....but as I am no coder I shall not question...lol.

If anyone can help with this problem I would be very happy. This rom is awesome except for this issue I am having.

Thank you very much.

Guest jamesrl

Hi all, I have an SF2 that I unlocked and flashed with fish n chips release 7. I ran into a few problems with it.

1: Typing problems ; A lot of times when trying to type messages or url, nothing gets types into the text box. i do get the the letters popping up showing what I have typed and a dictionary of sorts ( mainly names etc) but nothing in the text field.

2: Blue Tooth; I can pair to my head set but not automatically, I have to manually connect

3: Rooting; What is the secret to rooting this phone? superuser is installed but when trying to use a battery calibrator or Titanium I get told I dont have root. How do I get root?

ATM i have gone back to a stock rom and kernel

Thanks

Guest raverrr

Hi all, I have an SF2 that I undocked and flashed with fish n chips release 7. I ran into a few problems with it.

1: Typing problems ; A lot of times when trying to type messages or url, nothing gets types into the text box. i do get the the letters popping up showing what I have typed and a dictionary of sorts ( mainly names etc) but nothing in the text field.

2: Blue Tooth; I can pair to my head set but not automatically, I have to manually connect

3: Rooting; What is the secret to rooting this phone? superuser is installed but when trying to use a battery calibrator or Titanium I get told I dont have root. How do I get root?

ATM i have gone back to a stock rom and kernel

Thanks

The keyboard issue is a new one, not sure what you've done there.

The Bluetooth is set not to auto connect I think.

The ROM is rooted. Have you maybe previously denied those apps root access? If so go to the su app and delete the rules.

Guest jamesrl

The ROM is rooted. Have you maybe previously denied those apps root access? If so go to the su app and delete the rules.

The keyboard issue had on version 3 too

I have not denied access to any of those apps,

Thanks

Guest bzero

Have you tried pairing with a different device?

And does it give the same error?

Yup tried pairing with a ZTE Blade and an old Samsung plus my Linux Box and no joy.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hey Raverrr,

I know you have your hands full now with other projects but I'm wondering if there is a way you could include the following features into your ROM;

Swipe to remove (On notification bar)

Transparent notification bar or have lower opacity so it's semi transparent.

An option to put the clock in the centre of the status bar.

Somehow include a similar menu like in Cyanogenmod (When you turn off the phone and the options given include 'Screenshot' and 'Reboot into Recovery' etc)

ICS theme- Let's face it; ICS is pretty damn sexy.

Like I said; I know you have a lot going on and this ROM is perfect how it is, but just some ideas I guess.

If some of the things I've mentioned are easily done for a n00b like myself then I'd be sure to give it a shot if it just means editing a few files using Notepad++.

Thank you :)

Guest bzero

Replace music2.apk in the rom zip with music.apk. from rls6. Found in SYSTEM /APP.then reflash.

Brilliant, that did the job. I pushed Music.apk using adb instead of reflashing but you essentially told me the file I needed anyway, so all good. However, my Girlfriend has now decided that she would rather have the stock rom back on her phone.. I was doing this so she could have an unlocked phone plus a better rom. No accounting for taste I guess! Anyway reflashed with the stock rom....(begrudgingly). I made a backup of FNC just incase ;-)

Either way I hope the answers given to my issue can be of use to anyone on the google trail for a solution to their custom SF2 rom issues.

Thanks again guys. On to my mates Desire S now. unlocked the bootloader and installed ClockworkMod Recovery so far. Now All I need to do is flash CM7 then fastboot the boot.img after. Wish me luck!

Guest jamesrl

Ok tried other roms and no keyboard problems, but BT issues. A reinstall of FnC cives me the same issue with the keyboard and what seems to be delayed dialling