14 Jun Gr9 (6.3.1) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Kindle Fire

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest scuccia

So just to be certain, the Amazon Prime Videos app does work with this ROM and we don't need to hide SU or use OTA Rootkeeper?

Guest plee3

So just to be certain, the Amazon Prime Videos app does work with this ROM and we don't need to hide SU or use OTA Rootkeeper?

No, you still need to hide SU or use OTA RootKeeper to view Amazon Prime videos.

Thanks... plee3

Guest scuccia

No, you still need to hide SU or use OTA RootKeeper to view Amazon Prime videos.

Thanks... plee3

OK thanks. Some misinformation on another forum regarding this ROM. Figured I would go to the source.

Guest k4955

Updating to 6.3.1 shortly! :)

P

Thanks Paul for bringing the new release. Could you please add my earlier request regarding . "com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", has a line "network_providers_allowed=network". If that field of network is suffixed with "gps"

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks Paul for bringing the new release. Could you please add my earlier request regarding . "com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", has a line "network_providers_allowed=network". If that field of network is suffixed with "gps"

Yes, I will definitely double check that for the next release! :)

P

Guest mranon

First I just want to say this is pretty sweet, I had previously installed an ICS ROM, but I didn't do enough research and found you couldn't stream via amazon prime, which is something I wanted so I found yours! Second I'm having an issue with dropped Wi-FI connection...It'll take several tries to connect while I'm browsing or streaming, establish connection for a little and then drops the signal. Eventually it'll stabilize and I'll be able to do what needs to be done. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is something I can do to help correct this issue. I've read some people are still connected, but it shows that it isn't connected, but for me I'm really not connected.

Guest Julant80

Paul, this ROM is awesome, thanks for the hard work as always!

Any chance of repackaging as an alternate install in case we want to dual-boot? I'd love to run ICS and MoDaCo 6.3.1 (when ready), just never been able to figure out how to repack a ROM myself, so basically I suck at it. :blush:

Guest giupan

Hi Paul and everybody,

what's the app storage size on the Fire with either the original ROM and the Gr8?

Is the Gr8 extending it or is it possible to do something with the partitions after installing your ROM ?

Has anyone found any problem with filling up the app storage too fast?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Guest Larzzzz

I'm curious.... I installed the rom and it looked great. Everything was very Kindle like as I had hoped. Even my magazines and the like were there.

As soon as I clicked on the play store app though, it was as if everything kindle related was removed immediately. No documents, no books, no magazines, nothing. It was if the kindle lost all the stuff that made it a kindle.

Is that normal?

Guest Larzzzz

After a rewipe and reflash I didn't have a repeat occurrence.

Seems my play store auto updated my kindle app and a couple of others killing basic Kindle Fire functionality.

Second time around I did *not* enable play store auto update of apps. Problem.solved.

Edited by Larzzzz

Guest Darock159

Just curious if this is still going to be updated to 6.3.1. Looks like Paul posted on the 10th that he was updating shortly, but I haven't seen anything on it from there. I was wondering if I just didn't see the update or if some reason it has been delayed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PaulOBrien

I have added AltROM support as a kitchen option.

If someone with kitchen access could test that'd be great, once it's confirmed as all good i'll create an AltROM prebake also. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The downloads are now hosted on a new super-fast server with direct downloads from the MoDaCo topic, no CAPTCHAs etc. etc. :)

P

Guest huangyouyi

你好,我一直在用您的Gr系列,但是今次的9.1下载不了,请问还有其它地方可以下载吗?谢谢!

Guest Benz8

Hi. First of all, thanks a lot for ROMs you are making. You are doing a great job, man!

Now I use your Gr9 ROM and want to know what did you mean writing "Heavily optimised and compressed to take as little space as possible and perform as fast as possible!" ?

I am interested because in previous edition which I have used for a month, all was ok and now, with new release I have some problems like fast battery discharging. Are there some serious changes in Gr9 which can cause something like that?