[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

It doesn't matter because everyone looking at github and reusing those commits will think Francisco made them.

There's no reason in submitting only some commits as Trip's work and not all of them

In open source community you build your reputation this way and these behaviors are unfair

Sorry for my bad English but I hope it's clear enough

Nice to see that there are grown ups here +++++++++++1 shame i develop for children not even capable of wiping there own ass, oh well you have nobody's everywhere

Guest rekoil

Nice to see that there are grown ups here +++++++++++1 shame i develop for children not even capable of wiping there own ass, oh well you have nobody's everywhere

To be honest you're the child here mate, you seem to think that your contributions will go uncredited if others are benefiting from what you do, and I believe you're going about this whole thing the wrong way. It is my understanding that you are trying to single handedly be the HTC One X CM9-guy, and you've been doing well, bravo, but you will not be able to keep it up and others who work in teams will eventually run circles around you. In the end you will be remembered as the guy who hampered the progress of the community by not allowing others to use his code to make this device better.

What you should be doing instead is to share your code and allow others to benefit from your genious.

Like I said, I think you're doing a terrific job, but the way I see it your work is only temporary since you won't share your progress. And in that aspect I can't in good faith see that you're worth any of my donations, I'm sorry.

Guest TripNRaVeR

To be honest you're the child here mate, you seem to think that your contributions will go uncredited if others are benefiting from what you do, and I believe you're going about this whole thing the wrong way. It is my understanding that you are trying to single handedly be the HTC One X CM9-guy, and you've been doing well, bravo, but you will not be able to keep it up and others who work in teams will eventually run circles around you. In the end you will be remembered as the guy who hampered the progress of the community by not allowing others to use his code to make this device better.

What you should be doing instead is to share your code and allow others to benefit from your genious.

Like I said, I think you're doing a terrific job, but the way I see it your work is only temporary since you won't share your progress. And in that aspect I can't in good faith see that you're worth any of my donations, I'm sorry.

I really dont care about youre opinion, seriously it doesnt make any sense you type a whole story and a nowhere you come even close to a point of something interesting. Useless as expected tough. We all see what happens with my kernel that is open source and people just kang it and put there name under and that is youre value of donating.

But hey you are from xda so i dont expect any reasonable behavior neither i expect you to have some knowledge to contribute to anything here

Guest rekoil

But hey you are from xda so i dont expect any reasonable behavior neither i expect you to have some knowledge to contribute to anything here

You are right, this is my first Android device and I have yet to do anything useful for the community. I am doing my best to put my existing knowledge to use and to learn new things with which I can contribute.

Again, let me re-iterate, I am thankful for your work... I would just be a whole lot more thankful if it could be used to improve more than just your work ;) Do you really think people will deliberately avoid crediting you or something?

Guest TripNRaVeR

;) Do you really think people will deliberately avoid crediting you or something?

That is exactly the point i'm discussing right now because THAT is what happening and THAT is exactly the reason i dont open source stuff that i dont need to open source

Guest rekoil

That is exactly the point i'm discussing right now because THAT is what happening and THAT is exactly the reason i dont open source stuff that i dont need to open source

https://github.com/franciscofranco/One_X-2.6.39.4/commit/d9dbc8fc703af3195dba06ca68a4ea6c5c0b071d

https://github.com/franciscofranco/One_X-2.6.39.4/commit/65bac26efd264d006a8c0ff8cdd17962a310bff1

Are you talking about these commits franco pulled into his tree? Or are some of his other commits just copies of your patches without credit?

Guest TripNRaVeR

The last 2 / 3 pages from his exp branch are mostly mine commits, you can compare them with my master branch.. Also faux123 complained that he is kanging stuff from him to. So i'm not the only one complaining here seeing faux123 is a reconized developer with a good reputation

Guest chriscpritchard

I really dont care about youre opinion, seriously it doesnt make any sense you type a whole story and a nowhere you come even close to a point of something interesting. Useless as expected tough. We all see what happens with my kernel that is open source and people just kang it and put there name under and that is youre value of donating.

Just want to point out, it's not your kernel, most of the hard work was done by other people, such as Linus (and many many more, just look at how many people have contributed to the changelog for a minor kernel revision here: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/ChangeLog-3.3.7)

Guest TripNRaVeR

Just want to point out, it's not your kernel, most of the hard work was done by other people, such as Linus (and many many more, just look at how many people have contributed to the changelog for a minor kernel revision here: http://www.kernel.or...ChangeLog-3.3.7)

And that is exactly what i'm talking about, you should leave the contributors name listed for the work they have done. So dont know what you want to prove but youre actually proving my point of view here. I'm only saying that people should leave the original autor intact! Neither if thats me, showp1984, faux123 or whoever it doesnt mather. You should give credit where credit is due!

Guest rekoil

And that is exactly what i'm talking about, you should leave the contributors name listed for the work they have done. So dont know what you want to prove but youre actually proving my point of view here. I'm only saying that people should leave the original autor intact! Neither if thats me, showp1984, faux123 or whoever it doesnt mather. You should give credit where credit is due!

You are correct, it is a dick thing to do, but in most cases you need only point out what has happened to the person who offended. In this case I honestly don't see the offense. Is the problem that franco has given inadequate credit on his git repo? He has given credit in his thread.

Guest Alpaone

any other problems than flaming and messages or can we start to talk about this ROM and its Kernel again ??

+1

How is 014 and Linux 3.0 Kernel going Trip? Need more beer? :D

Guest TripNRaVeR

+1

How is 014 and Linux 3.0 Kernel going Trip? Need more beer? :D

I'm pushing a big rebase of the 3.0 kernel soon, i'm still debugging tough

People who seriously want to help please fork it and do a pull request so i can merge the changes

Guest n3ocort3x

Hey Trip... any news about the Kernels deep sleep issues...? im now on your old modules 012 and the actual Kernel 013 and ROM 013. There are no issues. But as i flash the 013 modules deepsleep is gone...

as the last pages are simply to forget i give a quick overview on whats buggy atm:

) WLAN Signal quality

) That Black screen between turning the screen into landscape (a resident in this thread..xD)

) Bluetooth media streaming (not tested but read on the last 25 Pages)

) sometimes when hangig up a call, it needs to double click, or longer click

) deepsleep issues (on a clean install with no apps installed, to prevent somone from saying its a app that causes the issue

(I´m no complete douche and checked with better battery stats and co.)

I dont want to tell a story i just want to focus on the current bugs

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest kruppin

One more bug. Phone doesnt trun off, he autoreboots.

Then you are probably using Franco's r7 kernel. Either update to r8 or use another kernel. I could be wrong though, because I'm still running stock.. :P

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey Trip... any news about the Kernels deep sleep issues...? im now on your old modules 012 and the actual Kernel 013 and ROM 013. There are no issues. But as i flash the 013 modules deepsleep is gone...

as the last pages are simply to forget i give a quick overview on whats buggy atm:

) WLAN Signal quality

) That Black screen between turning the screen into landscape (a resident in this thread..xD)

) Bluetooth media streaming (not tested but read on the last 25 Pages)

) sometimes when hangig up a call, it needs to double click, or longer click

) deepsleep issues (on a clean install with no apps installed, to prevent somone from saying its a app that causes the issue

(I´m no complete douche and checked with better battery stats and co.)

I dont want to tell a story i just want to focus on the current bugs

The problem is the kernels i use change so rapidly i cant confirm any faults because i'm always running the latest versions and seeing i dont have problems i'm seeing the bugs as fixed allready. The wlan problems are solved in 014 tough.

I will check on the deepsleep stuff

Guest n3ocort3x

Thanks... also I want to mention that your Kernel is the only one, who charges the phone while its on AC and CoPilot Live in Navigation mode... It doesent run hot and uses lower frequencies for CoPilot thanany other Kernels I´ve tested.

Thats a big +++++ xD (The reason is simple... it uses lower frequencies and not the full 1,4GHz wich is absolutely not necessary for that app). I dont know if it

is sometime possible to underclock that Tegra 3 (remember tegra 2). But that would be the great...

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest TripNRaVeR

Thanks... also I want to mention that your Kernel is the only one, who charges the phone while its on AC and CoPilot Live in Navigation mode... It doesent run hot and uses lower frequencies for CoPilot thanany other Kernels I´ve tested.

Thats a big +++++ xD (The reason is simple... it uses lower frequencies and not the full 1,4GHz wich is absolutely not necessary for that app). I dont know if it

is sometime possible to underclock that Tegra 3 (remember tegra 2). But that would be the great...

That is because i use proper cpu scaling

Rebase done;

https://github.com/TripNRaVeR/tripndroid-endeavoru-3.0

Guest FabioPBX

WHAT about BT audio??? is it fixed in 014, tis a deal breaker for me... i cant take this Sense bulls*** anymore arghhhh... :(

also will this new version run on kernel 3.0? if so whats the main benefits with 3.0, anyone??

Edited by FabioPBX

Guest lrbpereira

About the non turn off issue.

Im on Tryps original kernel from v013, full wipe.

You put your phone on "off" and it stays off? Mine reboots...

Edited by lrbpereira

Guest lrbpereira

When can we aspect the 014, will ot come with your 3.0 kernel?

The lag on the network connect, screen rotation, radiofm support will be sorted out?