[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest deadsmile

Tried out 006 since this morning,

first of all thank you Trip for continuing to improve your ROM :)

For the moment the different problems I found were :

- Not being able to change in-call volume

- When I'm calling someone (or getting called) the other person hears an annoying echo (this is the thing I regret the most prsonnaly) (maybe linked to the first problem ?!)

- Bluetooth sometimes unlinking directly after correctly connecting

- There is a black screen when changing orientation

- I can't select my carrier (living between two countries ;) ) After searching, they won't show up and I get an error message.

As I don't play with performance (is this really needed on an AOSP rom on a quad-core device ^^ This thing get's hot fast enough :P ) I haven't seen other performance related problems...

Hoping for Trip to resolve this issues as fast as possible, as this would just make things perfect :)

(Is there a way you update your AOKP build with the existing fixes ? (or at least when everything will be well ? ) )

Have a nice day dude ;) Cheers

Guest Henry Weinberg

Can we please not criticize our host and developer? If you don't have anything positive and constructive to add about the way he handles development, you don't have to say anything. We are here for the rom and to work with it. That should be the focus of any discussion. Thank you.

Guest supermegaridin

Can we please not criticize our host and developer? If you don't have anything positive and constructive to add about the way he handles development, you don't have to say anything. We are here for the rom and to work with it. That should be the focus of any discussion. Thank you.

Not criticizing, just trying to wrap my head around the problem. If you thought I was criticizing, read again.

Ho, and btw, calls are working perfectly, no echo. Can't change the volume but it's pretty ok. I'll try with headphones.

Guest l.m.prowse

Been running this rom for about a day now, (006) and the reboots have stopped, everything is working as it should, its lightening fast! Other than the before mentioned screen rotation (going black mid rotation) and the in call volume not changing, its my daily at the moment, until Trip updates his AOKP build :)

Guest derin38

Is anyone else having orientation problems with this rom and an MHL cable? It's being displayed as landscape on the phone but the TV displays it as a "portraitized" landscape mode; like landscape mode but rotated 90 degrees.

An app can force it to portrait mode but this causes games and apps to be displayed in portrait mode on the TV.

Guest TripNRaVeR

From what I've heard, someone made a ROM for the Sensation but it had a bug. Trip re-released this ROM with a fix, and when the developers asked how he fixed it, he refused at them.

I think the ROM was released under GNU, and so basically Trip refused to follow the GNU, and was banned from XDA.

You are so wrong here lol besides i was the first with a decent working ICS rom for the Sensation, i was banned on xda during the xperia x10 era. Only for asking credits from people who use my work. Simple as that but that is xda and that is there way of handle things they just ban people to avoid discussions. They banned me during a short supension lol so xda is really mature

Guest apascual89
i have gps issues... they not catch signal.... view 16 sats and not positioning...... i use faster fix whitout luck...

Download GPS status and toolbox from play market. It got 5 fixes.

post-979904-133675598858_thumb.jpg

Guest apascual89

Trip, I don't know and don't care about the history. All I know is that this rom kicks ass. Keep up the great work.

I'm new here, but I think maybe this is a development thread, so my humble opinion is that we need to stay on topic and support the dev so that he keeps bringing us AOSP goodness.

Trip, do you have a donation link?

Edited by apascual89

Guest manwar25
Shame this thread is degenerating so much with petty arguments. Let's just focus on developing and testing this great ROM.

+1

Let's try to collect all bugs for Trip.

Hope fix is coming soon specially for call volume control.

Guest supermegaridin

Thread could degenerate terminally, this is the best hox rom. Period.

I'll stick to reporting bugs from now on.

Guest Sebianoti

lol sebianoti is +1 posts against me.. mods can you take some action against the bitch please?

I'll never go this low and call people names... and i don't +1 posts

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'll take a step back and be more like the tweakers on xda just post a rom and not (as much) in the thread itself anymore. I dont care anymore if this is what you get after a shitload of work.

Guest Feesh!

Hey TripN', bloody good work pal, I've had a few issues with video and stuff on 006, but all around it's a stable rom!

My only question to you really is... Android Beam works but NFC in general doesn't appear to be working. Apps on the market won't show up and in 'More...' the option to turn on NFC doesn't appear.

Don't suppose you know about this or are working on this?

Once again! Great work man, hope you manage to keep it up.

P.s. Your donation link is a tiny bit confusing... it mentions XDA, is it still valid?

Edited by Feesh!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey TripN', bloody good work pal, I've had a few issues with video and stuff on 006, but all around it's a stable rom!

My only question to you really is... Android Beam works but NFC in general doesn't appear to be working. Apps on the market won't show up and in 'More...' the option to turn on NFC doesn't appear.

Don't suppose you know about this or are working on this?

Once again! Great work man, hope you manage to keep it up.

P.s. Your donation link is a tiny bit confusing... it mentions XDA, is it still valid?

Yes its valid and i will look into the NFC issue

Guest FabioPBX

Hey guys i got a question what could affect sleep in droid OS?

From 10am till 3pm ive had about 98% wake time... only thing its doing is listening to music via BT, using google play music app, could it keep it from sleeping?

Guest manwar25

From 10am till 3pm ive had about 98% wake time... only thing its doing is listening to music via BT, using google play music app, could it keep it from sleeping?

It depends on your installed apps - Widgets - Sync - Data - Wifi - BT

Here is what I do:

I use juice def. to control Data - Wifi and BT

Manually sync email

APW widgets with manual update for facebook and twitter

Room Toolbox pro to control app startup and some cpu changes.

Low brightness.

I lost 1% in 2-3 hours while the device is in sleep mode.

Guest pumpk1nChou

Maybe connection with BT headset affect sleep mode ?

Edited by pumpk1nChou

Guest FabioPBX

It depends on your installed apps - Widgets - Sync - Data - Wifi - BT

Here is what I do:

I use juice def. to control Data - Wifi and BT

Manually sync email

APW widgets with manual update for facebook and twitter

Room Toolbox pro to control app startup and some cpu changes.

Low brightness.

I lost 1% in 2-3 hours while the device is in sleep mode.

i really want the auto sync tho... otehrwise it loses its point, if you knwo what i mean...

im inclined into thinkign its googles play mausic app or related, since after that 3pm mark i havent been using it and its been sleeping normally...

ill post a screen shot, gime one sec..

EDIT:

this includes all my days usage..

seems i cant post JPGs....

http://db.tt/QQnQDFGH

Edited by FabioPBX

Guest manwar25

i really want the auto sync tho... otehrwise it loses its point, if you knwo what i mean...

im inclined into thinkign its googles play mausic app or related, since after that 3pm mark i havent been using it and its been sleeping normally...

ill post a screen shot, gime one sec..

EDIT:

this includes all my days usage..

seems i cant post JPGs....

http://db.tt/QQnQDFGH

You can configure JD to control your sync if you care about juice.

Auto sync with wifi connected or BT of course is the reason. Google play music is not related unless it is working.

You can use BetterBattery Stats to know everything about your juice and remember to put the app widget on the home screen to know whether your device going to deep sleep or not.

Guest FabioPBX

You can configure JD to control your sync if you care about juice.

Auto sync with wifi connected or BT of course is the reason. Google play music is not related unless it is working.

You can use BetterBattery Stats to know everything about your juice and remember to put the app widget on the home screen to know whether your device going to deep sleep or not.

want do you mean by working, is play music on the background, plus on sense ROM, it still went to sleep with BT and WiFi while listenign to music, although i was using the stock sense music app...

will try the app you sugest and see if i can find the culprit... i really like the play music app... why does google stock music app looks rubish lol, and what happened to that CyanMod music app??

Guest manwar25

want do you mean by working, is play music on the background, plus on sense ROM, it still went to sleep with BT and WiFi while listenign to music, although i was using the stock sense music app...

will try the app you sugest and see if i can find the culprit... i really like the play music app... why does google stock music app looks rubish lol, and what happened to that CyanMod music app??

I mean by working that music is playing in the background but if not so music app is not related to your issue.

Actually I remove CM9 music app from the Rom before flashing it.

I use PowerAmp.

Guest FabioPBX

I mean by working that music is playing in the background but if not so music app is not related to your issue.

Actually I remove CM9 music app from the Rom before flashing it.

I use PowerAmp.

havent tried power amp, i like the simplicity of google play music or CM music..

and yes it is playing on the background.. but shouldnt it sleep aswell? oh what exactly is Media Server doing its eating 12% of my bat, stock ROM never should that..

EDIT:

here

http://db.tt/cSeP7pFE

Edited by FabioPBX