Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

B888 does not have the volume fix,and if someone has gone from stock to B888 without getting volume fix,they may have trouble.

As frankieADZ has said,using the B888 update makes it at the moment,not possible to go back to older builds.

I think if you use flibblesans B882 uppdate.app method it may change back partition sizes,can anyone confirm that ?

Edited by Guest

Guest maxmaximmax

I was able to return to the B882. I format the SD card. I took advantage of HuaweiU8815C02B882-update_signed found on the forum. Unfortunately, failure to online update the B885, After updatedownload I get an error message (in CWM). Also I can not do update to B884/B886 with dload method. What is the cause?

So maxmaximmax should be able to use the russian one to solve volume problem.

Davidoff59 do you have link to russian site ?

Edited by Guest

Guest maxmaximmax

I installed the leaked ROM B888. But still the same. The sounds are loud, music, voicerocorder are loud. The problem is that the caller still can not hear me or hear a very very poor! The speaker works. I hear everything perfectly!

Guest Maximus9

Do you think someone should update the beginning of this thread as the B888 ROM is now available...

"Just found a B888 ROM from Huawei - the instructions in the rar file say it's for U8815 and looks legit. I'll be flashing it just now and seeing what it looks like.

http://www.uloz.to/x...001c185b888-rar

http://www.uloz.to/x...001c185b888-rar

MediaFire mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?navhb71095je2fh]http://www.mediafire...navhb71095je2fh

Nobody saying the B888 is not a legit/official Huawei update?

Guest Maximus9

The B888 leak changes the partition sizes with no way of going back as yet. It is flashed via stock recovery.

http://www.modaco.co...ad-link-inside/

After update, I get the following sd_update.log file:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

new partition same as old.

notes:(dld_file_ptr != -1) !

SD download finished!

Would this sugest the partition is the same?

Guest Davidoff59

Maximums, You quoted my post which says the B888 leak yet in the post above that, you say

Nobody saying the B888 is not a legit/official

Huawei update?

It looks like a leak. The only place those roms were found were on that Russian website. They are not hosted anywhere by Huawei.

The layout of the rom and instructions points to an official Huawei rom as no one has been able to crack their update.app process as of yet.

These may have been test builds for whatever reason and somehow got out into the public domain.How this happened is anyone's guess but leaks do occur.

Until Huawei host these roms themselves, then it cannot be classed as an official rom and all Huawei would ask is where you got that rom from and when you say where you got it, they would be like well we didn't host it there so we aren't entertaining you.

Guest Smiff2

as in the other guide, the commands given for linux in page1 do not work (at least in Ubuntu/Mint)

./install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh
should be replaced with
sudo sh ./install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh[/code]

also the brackets in line3 of script cause an error (they need escaping)

probably not serious as most people using linux should figure out why it wasn't working but might help someone.

also how do you power phone off after flashing?

cheers!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest RussellS

as in the other guide, the commands given for linux in page1 do not work (at least in Ubuntu/Mint)

./install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh
should be replaced with
sudo sh ./install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh[/code]

also the brackets in line3 of script cause an error (they need escaping)

probably not serious as most people using linux should figure out why it wasn't working but might help someone.

also how do you power phone off after flashing?

cheers!

Thanks for that, I was struggling to figure out why I couldn't get it to work.

Just to reiterate, if using Ubuntu or one of it's derivatives (in my case Mint 12), using the command './install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh' will cause it to just sit there saying <waiting for device>. However, putting 'sudo sh' in front of the command works perfectly.

Funnily enough I seem to remember the same scenario when I first started with the Orange San Francisco 18 months ago.

Guest Smiff2

yay, one person helped! i also live near you :)

there's lots to remember when you get a new phone only every 12-18 months so even small things like this can be a pain right.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest RussellS

yay, one person helped! i also live near you :)

there's lots to remember when you get a new phone only every 12-18 months so even small things like this can be a pain right.

Very true. Add to that the fact that I was nursing a hangover this morning so my brain wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. :D

Guest Rocketeers21

Can't believe I just installed the B886 rom on my G300 :0 I've never done anything like this before,but thought I'd give it a shot as I was fed up with all the Vodaphone branding and wi fi rubbish reminding me after unlocking it.It took a few attempts to work all the tech bits out as to what I was supposed to be doing with the downloaded rom.Eventually i managed to get the stock rom running with the 7 homescreens and preference options for the homescreen no Vodaphone branding to be seen...so I just had to try the vendor pack,after many attempts I finally worked this out also and installed this.Thanks to everyone on here I gleaned a little bit of knowledge from all the posts.Happy to report the phone runs smoothly and feels a bit quicker after this update and have really noticed a big difference with the capacitive keys,.it runs smoother than my optimus 2x

Guest mangoben

Newbie here, just need some advice as this is my first smartphone and am totally at a loss when it comes to this stuff!

The vodafone bloatware was doing my nut in so getting rid of that is my utmost priority.

I've just followed Paul's excellent rooting advice here - http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-how-to-root-your-huawei-ascend-g300-for-windows-mac-and-linux/ , and I believe my phone is now rooted (but how would I know?)

How can I check it is rooted? And If it is, what should I do next?

Any help would be amazing!

Guest FrankieADZ

Newbie here, just need some advice as this is my first smartphone and am totally at a loss when it comes to this stuff!

The vodafone bloatware was doing my nut in so getting rid of that is my utmost priority.

I've just followed Paul's excellent rooting advice here - http://www.modaco.co...-mac-and-linux/ , and I believe my phone is now rooted (but how would I know?)

How can I check it is rooted? And If it is, what should I do next?

Any help would be amazing!

is there a SuperSU icon app within your apps?

if so you've rooted ur device :)

Guest mangoben

Ah, yes there is! Great stuff, thank you. :)

So what do I need to do now to get rid of the bloatware? I was also told on another forum that upgrading from my current U885 to the B888 rom is advised to do so, and to make the device quicker, etc.

Guest FrankieADZ

Ah, yes there is! Great stuff, thank you. :)

So what do I need to do now to get rid of the bloatware? I was also told on another forum that upgrading from my current U885 to the B888 rom is advised to do so, and to make the device quicker, etc.

well on the B888 rom, its upto you whether you want to or not really, I installed it and it got all the vodafone stuff away & more responsive.

if u didnt want to install it, you can get rid of vodafone stuff by using an app called root uninstaller.

Guest eirlysbill1

I think B888, repartitions your phone, and that makes it difficult to revert to a stock rom in the event of a warranty claim. I think Frankish has a way to back track from B888 that is not a total reversion but its close enough that it probably wouldn't be noticed. I think, he makes mention of it in the "blob on screen" thread. I went to B888 before knowing that, but I have no issues. I'm now on the Kiri rom (B888). Just letting you what's up with B888 before you do decide to do it. Another advantage to B888 is: if you flash Pauls gr1 or the Kiri; Tillaz has done an excellent mod that works only on those roms.

All the best

PS: helped to answer your question before you asked it :D

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Rocketeers21

I've been running the B888 rom and vendor app for nearly a week now on daily use.No problems to report so far,it runs smoother without the bloatware,also the capacitive buttons are more sensitive and do not require multiple taps to activate them. I think this rom has added DTS in the sound menu which makes the phone even louder,its quite noticeable when its switched on.I'm happy to use this now as my daily phone and dump my troublesome Optimus 2x and all its faults,which is a shame as its a decent phone bar the reboot issuses/ freezing/switching off/unable to upgrade firmware lol

Guest Willbott

Hey guys,

What's the safest link to get the stock B888 ROM from? Is it in your opinion stable and fast? Will I still be able to update OTA with B888 installed?

My G300 should arrive tomorrow so want to Flash it before I start playing with it!

Many thanks for any advice

Will.

Guest eirlysbill1

http://www.modaco.co...ad-link-inside/

I believe this is the only thread on the stock B888. Did improve the button response. It is both stable and fast, I did use this for a few weeks but its not deodexed, and therefore difficult to theme. I'm on Paul's GR1 B888 with Tillaz all in one mod, as well as other goodies and I really like it. B888 does seem to re-partition your phone, so understand that first.

And, I'm not 100% but I beleive OTA updates from Huawei will still work. Anyway, its not big deal if they don't, as there are devs on here who will customise ICS as soon as it comes out. That is if they don't beat Huawei to the punch. :D

PS: better explain that its the stock B888 (ota update) that repartitions the phone with some sort of TPT. But I'm not sure if you can go straight from the stock voda rom that comes on the phone to a custom B888, after root and cwm? I went with the ota first, as it was available first. Someone else on here will know better than me.

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Willbott

Cheers eirlybill,

I see so the stock Huawei B888 ROM will still update OTA with stock Huawei ROM updates? Is that right?

Cool. I'll flash that to the phone after installing B885 and take it from there.

Thanks.

Will