New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest Frankish

Well i wouldn't want anyone to risk anything but a guy has confirmed flashing a U8815 rom to his U8818....so i'd say it's worth a shot but do so at your own risk.

Guest Hans Gruber

I've not used a Huawei flasher before, does it warn you if you're using an incompatible device before flashing?

Guest Hans Gruber

Well I took the plunge and installed it on my UK U8815 and it appears to have worked. It now has a new Chinese boot logo and a load of Chinese apps. Interestingly the model number in About Phone is now down as a U8818, also it does appear to have installed B880 rather than B890.

Guest Frankish

Ok so real advantage to it then! Now try re flashing B888 or even attempt a lower one although will probably still fail.

Guest Hans Gruber

Yep I wouldn't recommend doing it! :) The phone now seems to be WO branded with no google apps installed. I'm going to have to re-flash CWM, as it's gone back to the regular android recovery, and see if I can get it back to normal.

Not sure if it enabled NFC or not as I don't how to test that.

Guest Hans Gruber

Right I've flashed CWM and restored my B888 backup and it's now back as a U8815. Only thing left over is the WO bootscreen. Is there anyway of changing that back? It's not a major thing, unless I have to return the phone to vodafone... :P

Guest Hans Gruber

I think I was more bored than brave! :D

I've got my old Huawei boot screen back by using the firmware from so looks like it's all back to normal if anyone else was in the same boat.

I put dload & vendor on root of sd but after booting,I have power control widget but no notification power control.

Am I missing something ?

edit: ok thats odd,I redone the same process and now its there :lol:

Edited by Guest

You do them one by one. Not at same time. Glad its ok now.

When you say one by one how is that done ?

dload flash then put vendor in dload folder and flash ?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

When you say one by one how is that done ?

dload flash then put vendor in dload folder and flash ?

Correct.

Guest Maximus9

I would say you have to put just the file from inside the vendor folder inside the dload folder, not the whole vendor folder.

I did the dload update first. Then deleted the file. Played with the phone for a few hours.

Then put the vendor file in dload folder. Went to Settings/Storage/Software Update again, the phone restarted after the update progression bar and then the phone then just got stuck on a black screen with yellow writing saying:

Formatting /cache...

Formatting /data...

Formatting /cache...

Formatting /HWUserData...

file backup success

A large green OK was also on screen.

I pulled the battery out. On restart the phone reset all settings, lost all my apps, although before vendor I did reinstall them all. On the good side, the notification bar toolbox was back. Also the CooTek TouchPal keyboard.

Now is that normal? Anyone else had the same issue?

Edited by Maximus9

Guest JRow

Updated to B888, all seems good, bottom keys seem more responsive. The widget to control on/off for wifi, GPS etc is not included. Does anyone recommend where to get the original version or an alternative?

I haven't flashed the vendor upgrade yet,but do already have the wifi/blutooth/gps widget available - on home screen press the left button ,select 'add',select 'add widget' and then select the 'power control' widget

Jobs a good 'un.

I don't really know if i should bother with the vendor upgrade,seems all i 'gain' is two fewer homescreens? Or am i missing out on something useful ?

Guest Maximus9

That is normal.

Thank you for re-assuring me. What I didn't understand is why I had to manually pull-out the battery to restart... surely they could implement it somehow to make it work without forcing users to do such extreme maneuvers.

Guest JRow

I reckon that is on the vendor file. Just install that over the B888 update. I think it also includes all the Huawei apps too. Like All backup, my calendar, and other stuff.

Hmmm ,is it possible my phone has updated the vendor file automatically when i updated the rom to b888 ? I had the rom update (477mb) in 'dload' folder and the vendor update in 'vendor' folder on my sd card,but i only did one update,and havent moved the vendor update file to the dload folder. But i do have all backup,calender,the pwer widget etc already. When i switch to apps,i get two screens full,and the third screen is three apps short of being full too.Would i have more apps than this if i had the vendor files installed?

Guest dbbloke

Playing with websites.

Looks like the UK 888 ROM just got pulled, sure I could download an hour or so ago.

Interesting Cinese 890 ROM, discusion and rebuilds here in translated chinese although for 8818 model.

Qn.You can flash 8815 to 8818 but does it work the other way aorund?

Huawei website is easy, so will try and keep checking for official 888 or ICS somewhere ;)

Edit... And I could be wrong and ICS is a telecom providor, but looks a lot like ICS for the 8818 manual.

Edited by dbbloke

Guest FrankieADZ

Playing with websites.

Looks like the UK 888 ROM just got pulled, sure I could download an hour or so ago.

Interesting Cinese 890 ROM, discusion and rebuilds here in translated chinese although for 8818 model.

Qn.You can flash 8815 to 8818 but does it work the other way aorund?

Huawei website is easy, so will try and keep checking for official 888 or ICS somewhere ;)

Edit... And I could be wrong and ICS is a telecom providor, but looks a lot like ICS for the 8818 manual.

the B888 rom is still there, i just clicked on the link and its there for me :)

ICS is an official ROM/firmware.

Guest eirlysbill1

Hmmm ,is it possible my phone has updated the vendor file automatically when i updated the rom to b888 ? I had the rom update (477mb) in 'dload' folder and the vendor update in 'vendor' folder on my sd card,but i only did one update,and havent moved the vendor update file to the dload folder. But i do have all backup,calender,the pwer widget etc already. When i switch to apps,i get two screens full,and the third screen is three apps short of being full too.Would i have more apps than this if i had the vendor files installed?

sorry mate, can't answer that. I'm no expert, and I can't really go back and look, as I've moved on to the Kiri rom. Does sound like you have the vendor file on there though.

Guest Pidun14

Playing with websites.

Did anybody managed to download this rom? Looks like it is not availabe for download any more.