[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest JetKun

what's the recommended TPT for this? I'm currently on a stock TPT?

Also, excuse me for the stupid question, but is this ROM themable using CM Theme chooser or something? Or is that definitely not possible

Oooh it looks like jelly bean!

Edited by JetKun

Guest WiiSky70

what's the recommended TPT for this? I'm currently on a stock TPT?

Also, excuse me for the stupid question, but is this ROM themable using CM Theme chooser or something? Or is that definitely not possible

The recommended TPT Package is the Skate V2A one . Download it and flash it by the usual way ;)

Guest JetKun

Hmm, does it look like Jelly bean?

- are the OP pics outdated H3ROS? Just thinking about switching ROMs, my omc's been laggy lately... been pushing that battery out into the 30 degree heat lol

Cheers for the help wiisky ;) It's been a long time, and i thought i might as well pick up my omc again

Edited by JetKun

Guest omegavesko

H3 looks like the pictures in the first posts. The screenshots H3ROS is posting are from his new (unreleased) ROM, they're separate.

Guest xander21

http://u7914872.leti...0.0B19.rar.html

That maybe your help

You can pass step 1 by now :)

Thank you for your help. I'll keep it in case i need it.

Yet, after 2 days of use, I find H3Blues very interesting (fast, nearly any slow down, battery looks to hold well). :D

Only the theme is what i don't like ! lol

Does someone know if it's possible to edit the lock screen ? i didn't find options.

Is there a way to scroll back up taskbar from any place on the screen like in android 4.2 instead of from the bottom only ?

Edited by xander21

It's slightly different. Check out the following github link and you'll see the exploited apk will contain 2 classes.dex and it's the modified newer file that gets loaded.

https://github.com/F...droidMasterKeys

Google has sent out a patch to OEM's and CyanogenMod have also patched it.

http://review.cyanog...ip/ZipFile.java

http://review.cyanog...ipFileTest.java

That's a little weird if you've not received an update since you'd expect it to have the same issue. I've heard of some phones such as the Galaxy S4 and the Xperia S/T/J all being patched already though.

I finally got to decompiling core library of stock Android 4.2.1 ROM which was released back in May and guess what :)

It's patched already.

.line 354

.local v9, entryName:Ljava/lang/String;

move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v0, v0, Ljava/util/zip/ZipFile;->entries:Ljava/util/LinkedHashMap;

move-object/from16 v22, v0

move-object/from16 v0, v22

invoke-virtual {v0, v9, v14}, Ljava/util/LinkedHashMap;->put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

move-result-object v22

if-eqz v22, :cond_6

.line 355

new-instance v22, Ljava/util/zip/ZipException;

new-instance v23, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

invoke-direct/range {v23 .. v23}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;-><init>()V

const-string v24, "Duplicate entry name: "

invoke-virtual/range {v23 .. v24}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v23

move-object/from16 v0, v23

invoke-virtual {v0, v9}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v23

invoke-virtual/range {v23 .. v23}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->toString()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v23

invoke-direct/range {v22 .. v23}, Ljava/util/zip/ZipException;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

throw v22

Anyway, there's still vulnerability #2: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/11/second-all-access-apk-exploit-is-revealed-just-two-days-after-master-key-goes-public-already-patched-by-google/

commit: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/libcore/+/9edf43dfcc35c761d97eb9156ac4254152ddbc55

Btw, this scanner: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.backessrt.appintegrity is better than the bluebox one since it checks for both vulnerabilities.

You can check H3 rom with that one, too.

Guest H3ROS

Amazing that it'd already been patched before the public knew about it.

As for the app it briefly says that both bugs are patched and then it force closes. I've no idea if it's an application bug or what, but looking at the code the zipentry file is much different in Gingerbread.

compressionMethod = (hdrBuf[10] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[11] & 0xff) << 8);

time = (hdrBuf[12] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[13] & 0xff) << 8);

modDate = (hdrBuf[14] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[15] & 0xff) << 8);

crc = (hdrBuf[16] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[17] & 0xff) << 8)

| ((hdrBuf[18] & 0xff) << 16)

| ((hdrBuf[19] << 24) & 0xffffffffL);

compressedSize = (hdrBuf[20] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[21] & 0xff) << 8)

| ((hdrBuf[22] & 0xff) << 16)

| ((hdrBuf[23] << 24) & 0xffffffffL);

size = (hdrBuf[24] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[25] & 0xff) << 8)

| ((hdrBuf[26] & 0xff) << 16)

| ((hdrBuf[27] << 24) & 0xffffffffL);

nameLen = (hdrBuf[28] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[29] & 0xff) << 8);

int extraLen = (hdrBuf[30] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[31] & 0xff) << 8);

int commentLen = (hdrBuf[32] & 0xff) | ((hdrBuf[33] & 0xff) << 8);

Edited by H3ROS

Amazing that it'd already been patched before the public knew about it.

Actually, it's been patched like 5 months ago. But nobody seemed to pay attention until public panic happened :)

post-932905-0-20714000-1374235515_thumb.

Guest H3ROS

I guess with the announcement by Bluebox CM finally pushed it out, as did Google. Then there were the few OEM's that had already paid attention and had patched it months ago. I'd be mighty impressed if I owned the same device as you right now :)

Well, I still had to patch the second vulnerability, although it's not so severe as the first one (requires special conditions like classes.dex having less than 64kb, etc.)

Edited by C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

Thank you for your help. I'll keep it in case i need it.

Yet, after 2 days of use, I find H3Blues very interesting (fast, nearly any slow down, battery looks to hold well). :D

Only the theme is what i don't like ! lol

Does someone know if it's possible to edit the lock screen ? i didn't find options.

Is there a way to scroll back up taskbar from any place on the screen like in android 4.2 instead of from the bottom only ?

Well for the theme thing you may want to flash CM7.2 from Ceco . Since it got the CM Theme Engine :)

Guest H3ROS

Well, I still had to patch the second vulnerability, although it's not so severe as the first one (requires special conditions like classes.dex having less than 64kb, etc.)

There was an update for the app that I've just installed. It no longer crashes and I can confirm that things are secure :)

post-954400-0-24756300-1374261104_thumb.

Guest 24KiFly24

I've been using the rom for 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago when i tried to start viber it wrt rote"the application Viber has stopped unexpectedly", I thought it was not a big problem. Then i tried to start another app and wrote the same. Clean install, it was OK till morning when it started again. I tried to save datas that's why i kept data partition and sd-ext partition. The apps were on the phone but still doesn't start. What could be the problem? Thx for help:) Have a nice weekend

Guest H3ROS

I'd suggest trying another micro-sd card if you have one as it sounds like it's starting to fail. The ROM itself doesn't really do anything special with any of the partitions or anything so you'd find that it'd probably happen on other ROM's too if you left it long enough.

Guest xander21

I think my message passed incognito.

I said :

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko

I think my message passed incognito.

I said :

You can replace the lockscreen with something like Holo Locker. That's about it.

Unfortunately that's a feature I miss from the 4.2 status bar myself. I don't think there's a way to do it on Gingerbread.

Guest xander21

You can replace the lockscreen with something like Holo Locker. That's about it.

Unfortunately that's a feature I miss from the 4.2 status bar myself. I don't think there's a way to do it on Gingerbread.

Ok thank you.

Guest slgh2005

Hi , I have a problem with contacts .

I use google ID to sync my contacts.

I can sync the contacts ,but there are something wrong with the name .

eg

the right name is : A B C

but in this rom ,the name is : B A C

What can I do ?

Edited by slgh2005

Guest H3ROS

Hi , I have a problem with contacts .

I use google ID to sync my contacts.

I can sync the contacts ,but there are something wrong with the name .

eg

the right name is : A B C

but in this rom ,the name is : B A C

What can I do ?

What ROM was you previously using? It's just that all contacts created online and all created via Gingrbread should all sync the same, yet you're saying that the contacts middle name is being placed as their first name. So this may be a silly question, but have you gone and pressed the menu button when viewing contacts and selected display settings? From there you can select which name to sort via.

Hi, when i swtich on my wifi it's automatically switch off.. please help :|

Did you wipe data/cache and format /system before installing the ROM? WiFi is something I use daily so it should work perfectly. Normally when it doesn't it suggests that the kernel and dhd.ko file aren't matching up.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xander21

Some people know me to be "The man with a thousand problems" :D

and I don't have any problem with this rom (only my GPS but my chip must be dead).

Contact sync worked wellvia wifi at first start and since wifi and data on/off works well.

I am impress by battery life and the light amount of service running in the background.

A friend spoke about private ZTE driver that could not be release to the public for my gps chip, could this be possible ?

Edited by xander21

Guest xander21

I have a problem. :D

When i call someone, phone screen turn off and it's impossible to turn it on to stop the call.

I had the same problem under 4.2 rom so i used power button to end calls but this is not a solution.

Edited by xander21