[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest tillaz

That's almost the exact tut I used to track down the volume steps and while I was at it I disabled the scrolling cache. Notice I document it as "smoother scrolling", that'd be why it's there and why I also thank XDA.

i'm just saying i never got the idea of the audio steps from your update, plus i used 1 to 20..

but like i said the final release has a lot of new scripts and tweaks for performance, RAM and battery life, 2d graphics has doubled in benchmarks..

no need to use lagfree governor that drains battery...

lots of new stuff i don't mind sharing for other roms... just like bravia engine etc

Guest H3ROS

I got some stuff for my next release too, but thats if I find benefits with what I'm testing right now. I often keep quiet and then "drop the bomb" like I did with having full dolby audio. I feel it's a nice surprise for people that way. But you get what I mean anyway. When someone says something was copied that's not always true since in some cases theres only 1 or 2 ways to do things, so audio steps for example, theres only 1 way to do that.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jtharmor

* This is a full Android 2.3.5 ROM and R13 isn't -- Nice

* This has full Dolby audio and R13 doesn't have Dolby at all -- Latest Atomic has full dolby as far as i know

* This is rocking a custom theme and R13 is trying to look like ICS -- Themes dont matter.

* This has bloat removed and R13 only just fits onto a 150MB partition -- Not a problem. Anyone can remove bloatware

* This has optimized memory handling, smoother scrolling, better battery life and faster boot times -- Did not see much diff with this and Atomic

* This has 2G/3G and WiFi tethering toggles and R13 doesn't -- It has. You are not aware. Power control widget has that option.

Guest jtharmor

I've had a lot of them around the same time as C3C0 as he's shared some bits with me. And you may say you've had these things done a while ago, but I just have a hard time believing that because the improved memory management stuff, audio steps, scrolling cache disabled via code etc. you've never mentioned any of it and why weren't they in earlier releases but they're showing up now that I have them.

MIUI file manager I've adopted as it's a good file manager, but mines modified just like GO Launcher EX. Power controls I'm removing as I've found something out about it and don't want my ROM removed.

So you are saying power controls are not free and paid ?

Guest Redstarr1

So you are saying power controls are not free and paid ?

Dude do you enjoy creating fights? If anything they have a different theme. H3 Blues looks like nothing else out there (even if it has some png's from MIUI, everything together is different. It's a very stable rom.

You don't have to be pit roms against each other . You can receive calls and surf the web with both of them, they're even both Android , so actually they're very similar...

Guest H3ROS

* This is a full Android 2.3.5 ROM and R13 isn't -- Nice

* This has full Dolby audio and R13 doesn't have Dolby at all -- Latest Atomic has full dolby as far as i know

* This is rocking a custom theme and R13 is trying to look like ICS -- Themes dont matter.

* This has bloat removed and R13 only just fits onto a 150MB partition -- Not a problem. Anyone can remove bloatware

* This has optimized memory handling, smoother scrolling, better battery life and faster boot times -- Did not see much diff with this and Atomic

* This has 2G/3G and WiFi tethering toggles and R13 doesn't -- It has. You are not aware. Power control widget has that option.

You asked about R13 so I gave you R13 specific answers. So things like full Dolby audio was a first for this ROM and to remove bloat isn't always possible when options are linked into system files. Also the theme can be the deciding factor for some people regardless of performance and this is like nothing else out there.

Others here have said the ROM looks great, is stable and it's got great performance. If you don't agree with that then use whatever you prefer and be happy with your choice.

Guest jtharmor

Dude do you enjoy creating fights? If anything they have a different theme. H3 Blues looks like nothing else out there (even if it has some png's from MIUI, everything together is different. It's a very stable rom.

You don't have to be pit roms against each other . You can receive calls and surf the web with both of them, they're even both Android , so actually they're very similar...

Okies thanks.........just wanted to recommended one ROM to friend so was asking.........what were the differences.

Some crap people seems to have entered the forum in last few days who talk non-sense like fight blah blah

Edited by jtharmor

Guest tillaz

You asked about R13 so I gave you R13 specific answers. So things like full Dolby audio was a first for this ROM and to remove bloat isn't always possible when options are linked into system files. Also the theme can be the deciding factor for some people regardless of performance and this is like nothing else out there.

Others here have said the ROM looks great, is stable and it's got great performance. If you don't agree with that then use whatever you prefer and be happy with your choice.

i don't think having options to change font and lockscreen are bloat... cm7 & miui have these & many more,

yet they are the most popular rom's in the world...

also if i remember right, C3CO first ported Dolby and released it, but without the option to turn it off.. then you fixed that (fixed the check box)

i just think people forget C3CO is the main reason Dolby was first ported... even if not fully it still worked and was the building blocks for you to finish it off

EDIT: also you say atomicmod barley fits on 150mb? you are aware that its 140mb after install?

i would say that easily fits, with 10mb spare...

Guest C3C0

Well, you are right. I managed to track all the essential files that play role in all this Dolby stuff.

Particulary, finding out that we need to replace mediaserver daemon was the trickiest part.

All the other things like settings in UI was the easier part, although H3ROS help was significant when

I somehow got lost in it.

So yes, I was the first to introduce the Dolby just to make things clear. I really don't want to slip

into this d*ck comparing debate :) No offense. Just take it easy, guys :) You all do your job well, there's no doubt.

Edited by C3C0

Guest tillaz

Well, you are right. I managed to track all the essential files that play role in all this Dolby stuff.

Particulary, finding out that we need to replace mediaserver daemon was the trickiest part.

All the other things like settings in UI was the easier part, although H3ROS help was significant when

I somehow got lost in it.

So yes, I was the first to introduce the Dolby just to make things clear. I really don't want to slip

into this d*ck comparing debate smile.png No offense. Just take it easy, guys smile.png You all do your job well, there's no doubt.

that's why when people ask me witch rom is best to use i usually just say try them all and you decide,

but when people ask h3ros he likes to big his rom up lol, and normally try putting mine down, witch i find annoying..

it all starts when someone asks that question... :D

Guest jtharmor

that's why when people ask me witch rom is best to use i usually just say try them all and you decide,

but when people ask h3ros he likes to big his rom up lol, and normally try putting mine down, witch i find annoying..

it all starts when someone asks that question... :D

He He He He agree ..............

Guest H3ROS

i don't think having options to change font and lockscreen are bloat... cm7 & miui have these & many more,

yet they are the most popular rom's in the world...

also if i remember right, C3CO first ported Dolby and released it, but without the option to turn it off.. then you fixed that (fixed the check box)

i just think people forget C3CO is the main reason Dolby was first ported... even if not fully it still worked and was the building blocks for you to finish it off

EDIT: also you say atomicmod barley fits on 150mb? you are aware that its 140mb after install?

i would say that easily fits, with 10mb spare...

As you said, Dolby worked but it was missing some stuff so I contacted C3C0 and helped him to fix it. And there was a little more to getting it working than you might think, but when I mention Dolby I say this was the first ROM to have full Dolby audio, which it was as I had everything working and had figured out how to add the Dolby EQ profiles too. I then told C3C0 how to do it when he contacted me to congratulate me on the ROM's release. He wanted to avoid DRM dependencies where as I use them as I prefer the themed stock music player as it's more responsive than the new google music app.

The original release of R13 would only just fit onto 150MB. You had to remove some applications to make it fit, something which I'd warned you about before it's release, but my warning seemed to be ignored.

I don't say anything about other ROM's, but people seem to take what I say personally. When I say this is the fastest and best performing ROM that's my opinion which I'm entitled to, but others are agreeing with it too. I've also shown my benchmark figures under a range of different settings too and they're pretty good, if I say so myself.

post-954400-0-33958800-1337786075_thumb.

That's stock settings, nothing changed. IO and SD card tests excluded.

Max: 787 Mhz

Min: 245 Mhz

Gov: Ondemand

I/O: sio

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I will release an update soonish. At the moment I'm testing a few things and I need to give it time to see if it improves things or it it effects battery life. It wouldn't be worth me releasing an update which I'm not sure about as I'd like to keep the ROM's track record clean and have each release improve on something :)

Guest tillaz

As you said, Dolby worked but it was missing some stuff so I contacted C3C0 and helped him to fix it. And there was a little more to getting it working than you might think, the Dolby EQ profiles

was just saying people forget C3CO'S big part in Dolby

also the EQ profiles was just missing code from the androidManifest.xml, fairly easy fix if you read the logs when force closing

The original release of R13 would only just fit onto 150MB. You had to remove some applications to make it fit, something which I'd warned you about before it's release, but my warning seemed to be ignored.

the rom was not intended for people only using 150mb partitions... plus any used space just goes to waste

I don't say anything about other ROM's, but people seem to take what I say personally. When I say this is the fastest and best performing ROM that's my opinion which I'm entitled to, but others are agreeing with it too. I've also shown my benchmark figures under a range of different settings too and they're pretty good, if I say so myself.

you do thought, and its always aimed at my rom... even though benchmarks are exactly the same... i will post a benchmark showing this..

but in your H3 blues 1.2 the 2d graphics scores no higher than 141 at stock speeds using ondemand... anyone using your rom can see this if they test like i did

Guest utternoob

Do we really need this? Each ROM has it's benefits and drawbacks, can it be left at that? Users will test out ROMs if they wish and decide on their own

Guest H3ROS

@ tillaz

It requires a different music.apk entirely as it's not dealt with simply by XML files. It'd be much easier if it was, but it's not.

I won't argue about things because it's wasting my energy when people keep moving the goalposts. But no, I don't aim anything at AtomicMod, you simply think I am so take it personally. And you're wrong about the 2D settings because it's scoring 270+ for me and others can reproduce it, that I promise.

Guest H3ROS

Bingo, exactly as I said in Tillaz's thread before.

Memory tweaks help a little, and some other stuff I've done, but as I've said it's still really down to a users personal choice. Whichever ROM is fastest it doesn't really matter because people may prefer the applications on one ROM to the other or even the way things are themed. On the Skate it's actually hard to even see the benefit towards some of the enhancements any of us make because the hardware itself isn't that powerful anyway. And many times I've seen people say that we optimize the ROM's and make them look great but they keep expecting more out of the battery, which is virtually impossible now because if we toned things down even more then the phone would be laggy :mellow:

Edit to go with your edit:

But for me, on my skate, I'm still scoring highest marks via H3 Blues. By much, no. I'm 24 points higher in that quick test I done against your R13 result. You wouldn't even notice the difference really.

People need to understand that everyones CPU is different. Some can be pushed more than others and when using ondemand sometimes it may scale better than others, since it's not at a constant speed.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest HybridEffect

Bingo, exactly as I said in Tillaz's thread before.

snapback.pngH3ROS, on 20 May 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Memory tweaks help a little, and some other stuff I've done, but as I've said it's still really down to a users personal choice. Whichever ROM is fastest it doesn't really matter because people may prefer the applications on one ROM to the other or even the way things are themed. On the Skate it's actually hard to even see the benefit towards some of the enhancements any of us make because the hardware itself isn't that powerful anyway. And many times I've seen people say that we optimize the ROM's and make them look great but they keep expecting more out of the battery, which is virtually impossible now because if we toned things down even more then the phone would be laggy :mellow:

Edit to go with your edit:

But for me, on my skate, I'm still scoring highest marks via H3 Blues. By much, no. I'm 14 points higher in that quick test I done against your R13 result. You wouldn't even notice the difference really.

People need to understand that everyones CPU is different. Some can be pushed more than others and when using ondemand sometimes it may scale better than others, since it's not at a constant speed.

Fixed that for you...

Edited by HybridEffect

Guest H3ROS

Against your result yes, but that benchmark I done wasn't optimized or anything. As you can see I have apps running in the background, but that's besides the point. I could be an extra 50 points ahead and you'd still find it hard to notice the difference and that goes for any ROM. People just keep trying to make it into a vs. situation or taking things personally, and for what? At the end of the day it's the users who use our software that benefit. All I've said is that for me personally I get the best scores on H3 Blues and I even said they're not by much and it's not really noticeable in usage. I've been fair about what I've said as I've shown evidence of it and I know anyone who uses the ROM can reproduce the same results, but as I said, everyones CPU is different and if yours doesn't scale as fast as someone elses then the result may be just under what someone else gets.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Against your result yes, but that benchmark I done wasn't optimized or anything. As you can see I have apps running in the background, but that's besides the point. I could be an extra 50 points ahead and you'd still find it hard to notice the difference and that goes for any ROM. People just keep trying to make it into a vs. situation or taking things personally, and for what? At the end of the day it's the users who use our software that benefit. All I've said is that for me personally I get the best scores on H3 Blues and I even said they're not by much and it's not really noticeable in usage. I've been fair about what I've said as I've shown evidence of it and I know anyone who uses the ROM can reproduce the same results, but as I said, everyones CPU is different and if yours doesn't scale as fast as someone elses then the result may be just under what someone else gets.

but that's the thing... i can, and have fixed the low 2d graphics score when using other governors than lagfree...

so how could it be because of diff hardware?

if i run benchmark on any of the currant releases of the roms, without lagfree governor 2d graphics scores no more than 141...

but after applying my fix its higher than 275???

Guest H3ROS

@ C3C0

That'd help with speed, but hammer battery :P What I'd really like to play with is a kernel that can overclock and also undervolt. I'm sure the Blade has that ability, but not the Skate?

I find it all kind of silly really that people get the way they do over some figures. I guess some people like competition, but it's all rather pointless because if any of us add something that helps save battery or improves the speed of the gingerbread ROM's then pretty much every other developer will adopt it anyway.

@ tillaz

I've no idea why that happens for you for the current 2.3.5 ROM's, but I promise you all my tests have been done with ondemand and I'm sure someone using either SKatie or H3B can go past 141 for 2D.

Guest HybridEffect

but that's the thing... i can, and have fixed the low 2d graphics score when using other governors than lagfree...

so how could it be because of diff hardware?

if i run benchmark on any of the currant releases of the roms, without lagfree governor 2d graphics scores no more than 141...

but after applying my fix its higher than 275???

R13 is the one I used when doing the benchmark with ondemand gov

or are you talking about the newer release?

sorry if im just butting in :P