[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

If you didn't repartition before you already have enough space on system partition. However if you want to gain more space on data partition you can use TPT Helper from play store to repartition. Skate_v2b layout is a good choice for this rom.

New version now up

Changelog 28/10/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- updated S3 kernel (refer here for more info)

- YouTube HQ now working - massive thanks to Ganster for stagefright OMX patch

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Verhaaltjes

Great job as always, C3C0! Thanks.

Gonna test JB PA some more, but if the spontaneous reboots don't stop, I'll definitely be back on ICA PA and try the HQ video's :)

Guest J'suii J

Testing Youtube HQ right now after applying stagefright OMX legacy patch made by Ganster (big thanks to this guy!! http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=33374614 ).

Looks good so far. Youtube HQ now really plays smooth :)

Will test for some while and release an update soon.

When killing all app, and overclock Youtube HQ functioned without being too smooth. But Listube, SFR TV, FREEDiYoutube, does not work. And MX Video Player does not work on HW / HW + or slowly. I hope this path make smooth MX Player and other.

Thanks Gansgter41 Thanks C3C0

When killing all app, and overclock Youtube HQ functioned without being too smooth. But Listube, SFR TV, FREEDiYoutube, does not work. And MX Video Player does not work on HW / HW + or slowly. I hope this path make smooth MX Player and other.

Thanks Gansgter41 Thanks C3C0

Basically, this is an improvement of software renderer. This means you can't expect HW decoder in MX player to work. Only SW one. But improvement in SW decoding is drastic. I tried to play some 800x400 xvids and they played just fine!

On my ZTE Blade MX Player works ok. Do you remember, videos for our decoder can't be bigger than 800x480(not matter, width or height)?

Of course. I didn't say it doesn't. It plays perfectly smooth - even if it doesn't use hw decoder.

How do you get the extra information in settings like you had in older versions of this rom? like in the 8 and 9 image on 1st post

Paranoid settings / List of apps

Select All apps, find Settings app. Open it and set UI to Tablet...

Guest plegdroid
New version now up

Changelog 28/10/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- updated S3 kernel (refer here for more info)

- YouTube HQ now working - massive thanks to Ganster for stagefright OMX patch

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

thank you Ceco, really nice rom :)

C3C0: you and Tilal are incredible! Excellent work, your (both) last ROMs... very very difficult select only one for use! both are very good :-) The last yours, 28/10/2012, seems (to me) a little more fast, responsive and smooth than Paranoid/JB 25/10/2012, but this last is very attractive and functional too.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :-)

Guest WiiSky70

Youtube works perfectly, but i notice some lags on both BS and MX player on SW decoding. Is it just me or is there someone else with this problem?

The OXM Patch is not complete yet buddy :) , it was stated that the guy behind that Patch is trying to fix the flaws on the patch.

Guest J'suii J

For a path "not complete" I find it pretty good! But as SFR TV will not work I hesitate I was back on the old roms. In any case the path is already a lot, Respect!

Hello.

We have discussed several minor errors that have ICS (camera fault, failure youtube ...) for the Skate and have been solved, but the main one is the use of radio has not found a solution.

It may fix the use of radio or not be used at Skate ICS?

A greeting.

Sorry for my bad English

Guest WiiSky70

Hello.

We have discussed several minor errors that have ICS (camera fault, failure youtube ...) for the Skate and have been solved, but the main one is the use of radio has not found a solution.

It may fix the use of radio or not be used at Skate ICS?

A greeting.

Sorry for my bad English

I think the Radio uses different OMX Libs , so i don't know maybe Gangster is trying to push that into the Patch too ;)

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest razzmataz1478

I think the Radio uses different OMX Libs , so i don't know maybe Gangster is trying to push that into the Patch too ;)

OpenMax is a video decoder/encoder.Radio is a radio.

Guest Schwedenbitter

How often does everybody use the radio? It's an fm radio, isn't it?

If you life in the mountains or do a long trip the frequency would change a lot. If I stay at home I can listen to small radios bought to small prices, which provide a better quality than my Skate.

What annoys me more is the fact, that the ROM somehow doesn't support UPnP / DLNA players such as uPnPlay. With th original ROM it finds my TwonkyMedia Server and my Noxon iRadio and I can play Music with my Skate as "remote control". That never worked with the C3C0-ROM in both ways: it can't find the server and it can't find my iRadio.

Another problem is the GPS. It worked just fine with the ROM from03OCT2012. The later ROMs need 5 minutes and more to get a stable GPS signal, which makes it impossible to navigate in time. As it worked I'm asking myself what happend with the GPS?

The rest is simply perfect!!!

So thanks again to C3C0.

Edited by Schwedenbitter