Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Spartan24

Just wanted to say thanks to Paul and all the mods for the work they do here.

As you can see, I don't post much but I finally decided to join up and use the kitchen for my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. Very good experience and both are running great with no problems. Also great to see a lot less drama here than some of the other spots. :P

Guest StuMcBill

I had this same problem but I noticed that in other apps it was working fine, Google Earth for instance. So I removed the Maps.apk from the device, rebooted and reinstalled from the Play Store and now it can get my location from my wifi network. This was all with GPS turned off so I don't think it's related to the GPS issues this weekend.

Except for that minor hiccup, the ROM is running great for me!

Cheers, I will give this a shot!

Guest ethicalstrategy
Just wanted to say thanks to Paul and all the mods for the work they do here.

As you can see, I don't post much but I finally decided to join up and use the kitchen for my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. Very good experience and both are running great with no problems. Also great to see a lot less drama here than some of the other spots. :P

I'd like to second that. I've been running Paul's ROMs on my GNex since it first came out and they have been fantastic.

Guest PaulOBrien

UI mod (both side menu buttons active when hidden) and battery percentage mods up later today. Testing now ready for release. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Kitchen updated to Jr6!

Prebakes online later this afternoon of course. :)

P

Changelog

25 July Jr6

• Added 'menu both sides active when hidden' UI option (will become pre-bake default)
  • Added percentage battery mod (stock style)
  • Added percentage battery mod (circular style)
  • Various internal fixes and improvements

Guest StuMcBill

Kitchen updated to Jr6!

Prebakes online later this afternoon of course. :)

P

Changelog

25 July Jr6

• Added 'menu both sides active when hidden' UI option (will become pre-bake default)
  • Added percentage battery mod (stock style)
  • Added percentage battery mod (circular style)
  • Various internal fixes and improvements

Fantastic, cheers Paul!

The fix quoted above worked for getting my location when in Maps.

I have another quick question.

I am running your Jr5 release, and I have added some CIFS modules to it so I can access my Network Storage, is there anyway I can backup these inbetween Rom flashes?

Cheers

Stewart

Guest PaulOBrien

Fantastic, cheers Paul!

The fix quoted above worked for getting my location when in Maps.

I have another quick question.

I am running your Jr5 release, and I have added some CIFS modules to it so I can access my Network Storage, is there anyway I can backup these inbetween Rom flashes?

Cheers

Stewart

Only with manual file copies really, although I've been toying with adding a CIFS module to the kitchen myself.

P

Guest vagelis

Just a heads up, there might be an issue with the modified taskbar.

I selected menu on both sides, without "side flipping" mod, and all I get in landscape is a blank bar, with just the hidden menu being selectable

Will bake another and see...

UPDATE

Just baked another - I got my buttons "flipped in landscape back" but, - it appears that when you choose the

Navigation Bar Side Modification installed to /system partition

• This option modifies the navigation bar behaviour to move to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

That supersedes

Menu button on both sides also active when hidden installed to /system partition

• This option displays the legacy menu button on the both sides when needed and also keeps them active when it is hidden.

because that now is not active anymore, in this second bake I made...

Anyone else?

Edited by vagelis

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up, there might be an issue with the modified taskbar.

I selected menu on both sides, without "side flipping" mod, and all I get in landscape is a blank bar, with just the hidden menu being selectable

Will bake another and see...

UPDATE

Just baked another - I got my buttons "flipped in landscape back" but, - it appears that when you choose the

Navigation Bar Side Modification installed to /system partition

• This option modifies the navigation bar behaviour to move to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

That supersedes

Menu button on both sides also active when hidden installed to /system partition

• This option displays the legacy menu button on the both sides when needed and also keeps them active when it is hidden.
    • because that now is not active anymore, in this second bake I made...

Anyone else?

Ah, good spot... i'll fix this in the morning.

P

Guest salamandar

For some reason i keep getting error 923 when i attempt to download and install or update random apps from the market, any ideas? I've tried wiping data and re-flashing, example, MX Player Pro, shows as purchased, downloads, then gives error 923 and fails to install, goes back to install button, if i press it it attempts to download again and fails same way. Any insight would be appreciated gang!

Guest Neil Searle

Nice work Paul really liking the ROM even subscribed to get access to the kitchen thank you so much for the landscape launcher really makes a massive difference to this device simple but oh so effective.

Questions for you knowledgable types, I have just done the proxy google music trick and now have access, I have uploaded some tunes which my rooted Galaxy Nexus picks up but my Nexus 7 steadfastly ignores that I have access to google music. On my phone google music shows in the sync list within accounts but it isn't present on the N7 any ideas how to sort this out?

Edit: I have tried forcing a sync on the N7 within the accounts menu but that didn't make google music magically appear as hoped :/

Edit 2: Force closing --> Clearing data --> Disabling --> Re-Enabling resolved issue.

Edited by Neil Searle

Guest stevenz

Unboxed mine this morning, had it unlocked, rooted and MCR'd in the space of about an hour.

Thanks very much Paul, there's a lot of silly UI oversights as it stands OOTB, the MCR fixes them nicely.

(Honestly, no landscape launcher support!? What were they thinking?)

Guest jmagee

Even though I've selected both menus always active they don't seem to be there. Anyone else getting this? I've wiped cache and dalvik. As far as possible I'm wanting to avoid a full wipe.

Guest Fursty Ferret

Same here, all the buttons disappear in landscape mode. It's set up in the kitchen to be like stock. Was fond of having the buttons move to the right in landscape but I kept whacking them by mistake in games.