Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stevenz

Issue with navigation bar on "Menu button on right hand side (stock style) - navigation bar on right in landscape" option is now resolved in the kitchen.

Is there an easy way to fix this without redownloading the whole thing? I just did a rebake about an hour ago and I think I've still got the problem.

Pretty sure I used the problem one, issue I have is the only way I can quit any forced-fullscreen landscape apps (e.g. games) is a reboot. In landscape, I've got a blank black bar where the navbar would usually be with an invisible menu button in the middle and nothing else.

Is it possible to combine the status bar and nav bar as per the images in this thread over on XDA - it'd save a useful chunk of screen real estate. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1796132

Edited by stevenz

Guest morell2

I've isolated the problem to the "Menu button on right hand side (stock style) - navigation bar on right in landscape" option, which i'm fixing now.

re: Google Now in Landscape, i've not tweaked that yet. To follow.

P

I've isolated the problem to the "Menu button on right hand side (stock style) - navigation bar on right in landscape" option, which i'm fixing now.

re: Google Now in Landscape, i've not tweaked that yet. To follow.

P

I need this mod:

Percentage Battery Meter (Stock Style)

Menu button on both sides also active when hidden - navigation bar always at bottom (stock style) (restore the stock button)

please give me link

is emerany i today left the home to two week with my friends!

and why dont have power wifget from google

Edited by morell2

Guest jmagee

Trying a fresh bake now. I'll attach my options if I still have problems.

I'm still having problems when I choose menu active in both sides and nav bar on right when in landscape.

I no can't download as I'm being taken to the store when I click bake.<< this happens on my tablet not on my laptop. Will clear cache on tablet

Edited by jmagee

Guest CHE SHEPHERDSON

Paul, this is probably driving you crazy by now but I've just tried downloading a baked version with Menu button on both sides also active when hidden - navigation bar on right in landscape and then Menu button on right side - navigation bar on right in landscape

and the nav bar is still disappearing on both in landscape mode

Guest jmagee

Same here. The nav bar on right is the problem. I've now done both menu and bar on the bottom in landscape and its fine.

No wipe needed between 5 and 6

Edited by jmagee

Guest PaulOBrien
Same here. The nav bar on right is the problem. I've now done both menu and bar on the bottom in landscape and its fine.

No wipe needed between 5 and 6

Seriously confused, I checked all 4 last night. :-(

I'll do some bakes now I guess!

P

Guest jmagee

I'm confused too. Mainly because I thought you'd be using the same options as me. I've emailed you my options file anyway. Nav bar on the bottom seems fine anyway

Guest Hughbert001

Using the XDA prebake, full screen TV streams do not work. Mostly trying to stream from http://antena3.ro/live.php Streaming non-full screen will occasionally work but often crash the browser. This is the same on two devices. We have done a full wipe on both and reflashed again.

Guest jmagee
Using the XDA prebake, full screen TV streams do not work. Mostly trying to stream from http://antena3.ro/live.php Streaming non-full screen will occasionally work but often crash the browser. This is the same on two devices. We have done a full wipe on both and reflashed again.

Working fine on iPlayer. Could be compatibility with the site more than the ROM

Guest dagrim1

I wonder if there's any way to get the sqlite patch (jellybean version) seperately?

Tried downloading the pre-bake and extracting the libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so files but they are exactly the same as unpatched versions? Also can't find the option in the kitchen...

Guest jmagee

Hey Paul still on small bug. When you press and hold the home button in landscape to bring up Google now the circle appears in the stock location. I've added a screen shot. Easily an issue that can wait

post-928822-13434024716417_thumb.jpg

Guest PaulOBrien
Hey Paul still on small bug. When you press and hold the home button in landscape to bring up Google now the circle appears in the stock location. I've added a screen shot. Easily an issue that can wait

Aware of that one, fix to follow. :-)

P

Guest Marand

Hi Paul, the extended power menu is not selectable for me in the kitchen. The tick is showing but the menu is not installed.

I tried on my tab and on my phone to toggle it.

Thanks for your hard work.

Edit

Just re-flashed r5 and its there in that ROM.

Edited by Marand

Guest samuel baker

I am working on my theme for this ROM and had just a couple of questions

What is controlling the navigation bar to be on bottom, and side in landscape?

I found out its not just the systemUI. What else controls that?

I ask because i would like to make my theme for both options

Also is the framework-res.apk the only thing controlling the enhanced power menu?

I recently just built a rom in kitchen and its not showing up like it was before.

Edited by samuel baker

Guest PaulOBrien
I am working on my theme for this ROM and had just a couple of questions

What is controlling the navigation bar to be on bottom, and side in landscape?

I found out its not just the systemUI. What else controls that?

I ask because i would like to make my theme for both options

Also is the framework-res.apk the only thing controlling the enhanced power menu?

I recently just built a rom in kitchen and its not showing up like it was before.

You can theme the SystemUI, that's all you need to work about.

EPM should be in all builds now.

P

Guest CyberBotX

I'm having an issue with Titanium Backup, but not the one in the bake, downloaded from the Play Store instead. I've installed a kitchen bake or Jr6 I made just about an hour ago, but this problem had been happening even with Jr5, can't recall if I used Jr4 or not. But basically, it seems that some apps that I try to restore from backups will cause Titanium Backup to stop restoring (usually if the app is pretty large, an example would be Osmos HD, but this is not always the case). I would have to Force Stop it and then install the app manually via the Play Store, then restore just the data via Titanium Backup. I was not having this problem with the stock ROM or any other ROMs I've tried (most of them based on AOSP or CyanogenMod 10). Is it something I've done wrong?

Some suggestions to the ROM. Is it possible to give the option if we want to use Chainfire's SuperSU or ChainsDD's Superuser? I personally prefer the latter over the former. Also, is it possible to add something to the extended power menu to allow for booting directly into the bootloader? The extended power menu that comes with CyanogenMod 10 based ROMs has this already (it gives a radio list when you click on Reboot instead of having them separate in the power menu).

Edited by CyberBotX