Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Anton Palitsyn

Hi guys,

I am currently on jr5 and wanted to go up to jr6. If I apply the update, will I lose the data?

Thanks,

Anton.

Guest Marand

Extended power menu seems to be missing since the last set of mods..... baked twice to make sure I'd selected it :(

Yep still missing for me too. Using quick boot app for the moment.

Guest GlenH

Jr6 is really great, thanks Paul!

I can't believe the stock build has the nav buttons on the bottom in landscape - it just seems completely wrong ergonomicaly and makes the available screen really narrow.

Anyway, one bug I did notice (although it may be a problem with chrome, I'm not sure): when in landscape if you press and hold on the address bar in chrome, the edit buttons seem to be off the top of the screen.

Guest bignadad

Jr6 is really great, thanks Paul!

I can't believe the stock build has the nav buttons on the bottom in landscape - it just seems completely wrong ergonomicaly and makes the available screen really narrow.

Anyway, one bug I did notice (although it may be a problem with chrome, I'm not sure): when in landscape if you press and hold on the address bar in chrome, the edit buttons seem to be off the top of the screen.

Agree with you 100% on the nav buttons on bottom. I bought a premium account to site so i could use kitchen and get them back to the bottom.

Trying to play games with the nav butttons on the side always creates an issue of accidently pressing theme and going home

Too bad my premium account will not allow me to build with the kitchen anymore :(

Guest jmagee

Agree with you 100% on the nav buttons on bottom. I bought a premium account to site so i could use kitchen and get them back to the bottom.

Trying to play games with the nav butttons on the side always creates an issue of accidently pressing theme and going home

Too bad my premium account will not allow me to build with the kitchen anymore :(

Clear cookies/ cache in your browser. That should solve it

Guest Hans Gruber

Is there a way of swapping the back button and button with the 2 rectangles? I'd find it a lot easier like that for 1 handed operation. It seems like the kind of thing you should be able to fully customise.

Guest jmagee
Is there a way of swapping the back button and button with the 2 rectangles? I'd find it a lot easier like that for 1 handed operation. It seems like the kind of thing you should be able to fully customise.

Not on Paul's ROM. Maybe on Cyanogen mod?

The side navbar isn't working at all with 160dpi with prebaked r6. Using Nova Launcher with large fonts and all looked good in r5. All I can see now is part of the back button at the very bottom of the screen. No clock either. Looks like the right hand side of the keyboard is also cropped.

Edit: So is my only fix for this a premium account? Any way to keep the look of Jr5 with the fixes and updates of Jr6? I like the nav on the bottom to be honest in tablet mode.

Screenshot_2012-07-30-19-29-15.png

Edited by Guest

Guest Phil Lee

I got my Nexus 7 yesterday and unlocked and rooted it last night. I then signed up for a paid account here and baked my own version of this ROM, The installation process was very straightforward and I'm now using it to post this message,

Guest Paden

Hi all

Does anyone have the BBC Olympics app working with this ROM?

I'm getting a "Your device isn't compatible with this version" message, not sure why.

Cheers, Paul

Guest comicbookguy

I was asking Paul about moving all 3 buttons to either end of the bottom nav bar for the same reason

Guest jb56774

Had a scan through the thread and didn't see this mentioned.

I have Jr6 and when using Google Maps it can't get my location using WiFi.

Google Earth can but Google Maps keeps saying location temporarily unavailable. When I switch on GPS and go outside it gets a lock after a bit. But back on WiFi it keeps failing. It seems to be isolated to the Google Maps App.

Maps in the browser get location fine over WiFi too. I know one other person using the same build and he has confirmed that he experiences the same issue.

Thanks for all the effort, great stuff. I'm not complaining, just said I'd let mention it.

Edited by jb56774

Guest Pully
Hi all

Does anyone have the BBC Olympics app working with this ROM?

I'm getting a "Your device isn't compatible with this version" message, not sure why.

Cheers, Paul

On Play store it quoted as working on devices 4.5 inches and under. Have side loaded it onto my N7 and seems okay but not had much of a play with it.

Had a scan through the thread and didn't see this mentioned.

I have Jr6 and when using Google Maps it can't get my location using WiFi.

Google Earth can but Google Maps keeps saying location temporarily unavailable. When I switch on GPS and go outside it gets a lock after a bit. But back on WiFi it keeps failing. It seems to be isolated to the Google Maps App.

Maps in the browser get location fine over WiFi too. I know one other person using the same build and he has confirmed that he experiences the same issue.

Thanks for all the effort, great stuff. I'm not complaining, just said I'd let mention it.

This was mentioned elsewhere. Uninstall with Titanium then install from Play Store. Works fine.

Guest Paden

On Play store it quoted as working on devices 4.5 inches and under. Have side loaded it onto my N7 and seems okay but not had much of a play with it.

Thanks Pully

Did you initially download the app to a device that was 4.5 inches or under to get the apk?

Cheers, Paul

Guest Cyrusir

hi folks, ive completed a trial pay for an ad free sub but i think paul is away at the moment so hasnt had a chance to upgrade my account, its been over 24 hours (in my impatient desire to get the rom i want an eternity :P )

Could some kind sole bake me a rom with my requirements and put it in a drop box for me?

Let me know if you can and ill pm the options id like

Thank you

Guest Paden

Hello all

I'm using the pre-bake version of Paul's ROM & have only just noticed that in landscape mode I have no navigation buttons, either on the bottom or up the side, is this normal?

The screen-shot at the start of this thread show them up the right hand side of the screen, is this option only available in the kitchen version?

I only noticed this while looking at screen-shots of Swiftkey keyboard in the market. As they opened in landscape mode only & filled the screen I couldn't close the window, move back or go home as I didn't have access to the navigation buttons! I had to reboot.

Cheers, Paul

Guest StuMcBill
Extended power menu seems to be missing since the last set of mods..... baked twice to make sure I'd selected it :(

Yeah, same here, I wanted to check that I had selected it in the kitchen, however, I can't unselect and reselect the option in the kitchen!

Seems like although it appears to be selected in the kitchen, it might actually be stuck in the off position!

Stewart

Hello all

I'm using the pre-bake version of Paul's ROM & have only just noticed that in landscape mode I have no navigation buttons, either on the bottom or up the side, is this normal?

The screen-shot at the start of this thread show them up the right hand side of the screen, is this option only available in the kitchen version?

I only noticed this while looking at screen-shots of Swiftkey keyboard in the market. As they opened in landscape mode only & filled the screen I couldn't close the window, move back or go home as I didn't have access to the navigation buttons! I had to reboot.

Cheers, Paul

Same as my screenshot here?

I'm back on Jr5 :-(

Guest Phil Lee

Any idea what Wallet is no longer on my Nexus 7 running a Jr6 I put together in the kitchen?

Edit: After a bit of reading on Xda, it turns out the app was frozen. I installed Titanium Backup, defrosted it and it's now working correctly.

Edited by Phil Lee