[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Brilliant ROM... the Blade hasn't ever had it better than this... thanks a lot for your work... especially I should thank you for your detailed instructions and clear language... fan for life... would you consider implementing the new OTA update solution mentioned on this xda topic?

Hi KonstaT,

Regarding this post from your other topic about CM9, do you think that this could be implemented for this ROM?

Regards,

Guest Geoff2

I've finally blown the cobwebs off my blade to see how Jellybean is shaping up, but run into a problem at the start.

I've moved from Blue Ginger (I've got 140mb in my system partition) and I followed the 'Installing from some other ROM' instructions. Jellybean has installed, but not the Google Apps. I've gone back into CWM and tried reinstalling the Gapps zip a few times, but no joy.

I'm assuming I've messed up and should have followed the 'if you have installed some other gapps package' instructions. Is there any quick fix to get round this and put gapps back on?

Cheers.

Guest Snap.IT

I've finally blown the cobwebs off my blade to see how Jellybean is shaping up, but run into a problem at the start.

I've moved from Blue Ginger (I've got 140mb in my system partition) and I followed the 'Installing from some other ROM' instructions. Jellybean has installed, but not the Google Apps. I've gone back into CWM and tried reinstalling the Gapps zip a few times, but no joy.

I'm assuming I've messed up and should have followed the 'if you have installed some other gapps package' instructions. Is there any quick fix to get round this and put gapps back on?

Cheers.

Your system partition is too small, you'll need 160MB for this rom.

You'll need to run a TPT to fix that before installing. You can find loads of them in this forum if you search for it, just choose one that is for your gen and has a large enough system partition.

Guest Geoff2

Thanks Snap - I'd read that Konstat was managing with something like 130mb, so I thought I might get away with 140. I assume he's got an even more trimmed-down version.

I'm just doing a TPT from an ICS ROM with 210MB. I know this is too much, but I found all the 160MB ROMS seemed to be hosted on annoying file-sharing sites that required you to enter your mobile number etc. If I like the ROM a lot, I'll sort out a more suitable partition later.

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks Snap - I'd read that Konstat was managing with something like 130mb, so I thought I might get away with 140. I assume he's got an even more trimmed-down version.

I'm just doing a TPT from an ICS ROM with 210MB. I know this is too much, but I found all the 160MB ROMS seemed to be hosted on annoying file-sharing sites that required you to enter your mobile number etc. If I like the ROM a lot, I'll sort out a more suitable partition later.

Not for this ROM. For ICS it would have worked but not for this ROM.

You can find a lot of different ones here:http://amphoras.co.uk/downloads/blade-tpts

Just be sure that you have the correct gen for the TPT you're downloading. :)

This one: http://bit.ly/wEO8Im (160MB system, 279MB data and 2MB cache) would be great if you have a (stock or upgraded via the windows TPT method) gen2 phone and http://bit.ly/xfRgvu is for gen1 phones (160 - 294 - 2).

Guest Geoff2

You're a star Snap. (I made that a lot harder than it needed to be by trying to flash a ROM for a Stock Gen 2 device, when mine is actually a Stock Gen 1 which has been upgraded to Gen 2.)

It's all good now though. The ROM and Gapps are all behaving themselves, and I like it a lot so far, so thanks Konstat.

You're a star Snap. (I made that a lot harder than it needed to be by trying to flash a ROM for a Stock Gen 2 device, when mine is actually a Stock Gen 1 which has been upgraded to Gen 2.)

It's all good now though. The ROM and Gapps are all behaving themselves, and I like it a lot so far, so thanks Konstat.

i you dont want the tPT hasssale you can trim the wom urself

just remove some dict files from latinime.apk

changes the file size from 23mb - 5mb you save almost 17mb

Guest Maarten Lambrecht

This is a very nice rom. Thanks!

Is it possible to include skype sound routing into one of your next releases? That would be great! (like in CM7, ColdFusionX,... )

Guest Markiv

i you dont want the tPT hasssale you can trim the wom urself

just remove some dict files from latinime.apk

changes the file size from 23mb - 5mb you save almost 17mb

Hi vNa5h, small query - can u please elaborate how to do this process step by step.

May be I have misunderstood - shud we do this after installing ROM or before?

And since all ROM's are signed nowadays, a small step by step page for unsigning and resigning can be very helpful to noobs like me.

Apologies as am straying away from this topic but since this post came up, i kinda remembered.

So can u/anyone else please post these steps so as to help noobs reduce the ROM space so that we can use apps2rom and push a few apps into the ROM partition.....

Hi vNa5h, small query - can u please elaborate how to do this process step by step.

May be I have misunderstood - shud we do this after installing ROM or before?

And since all ROM's are signed nowadays, a small step by step page for unsigning and resigning can be very helpful to noobs like me.

Apologies as am straying away from this topic but since this post came up, i kinda remembered.

So can u/anyone else please post these steps so as to help noobs reduce the ROM space so that we can use apps2rom and push a few apps into the ROM partition.....

No need to sign since we are using cwm

you can drag and drop back latinime.apk from system/app using winrar/7-zip

and no need to decomplile/compile since we are not changing any xml files

just open the apk using winrar and delete the res/drawable/*.dict except the languages you neeed

Guest fixedwheel

Really a very nice ROM. I like it so much. Thanks for the hard work.

i just had one issue, bringing me away from every day use:

Is there a possibility of increase the volume for phone calls? They are very low instead of ICS...

Just searched a little bit about this issue -> I think no app from market is working at the time with JB to increase the phone call volume.

I found some solution for the Galaxy Nexus @ http://www.galaxynex...lly-bean-2.html

Is it possible to implement the solving row( 'ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps= 10' ) in the Systems/build.prop in a way that this solves that problem at this ROM too?

I'm a total noob in devoloping software, I just had the idea when i found this solution at the galaxynexusforum....

Edited by fixedwheel

Guest vasiloy

Is there a possibility of increase the volume for phone calls? They are very low instead of ICS...

Are u kidding me? Although there might be a rather small chance that the volume varies based on the device, the in-call volume is loud enough. I can keep the phone in front of me and still hear the other party, this being with the volume at minimum.

If u think it's low and it ends up that it doesn't vary from device to device, then I advice for an ENT check. :) :D

Guest Nummer5

13.8. changelog:

• fixed derp in gapps package backup script :P

11.8. changelog:
    • updated gapps package - Jelly Bean Google experience as full as it can be on our device

I change TPT back from 210 to 180MB, wipe all and use ROM cm-10-20120809-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and GAPPS gapps-jb-20120813-KonstaKANG.zip.

But Google NOW makes some problems... scrolling does not work correctly. The "Background" with the cards does not move up or down.

I tested befor GAPPs for there - working without any problem in german language.

Greetings,

Nr5

Edited by Nummer5

Guest Geoff2

I can confirm the above. I followed the installation instructions to the letter - all the wipes etc. The background text on Google Now doesn't want to scroll. (Not complaining: I've got a Huawei G300 and I'm just playing around with Jellybean on the Blade out of curiosity.)

Guest bartiiiiiii

+1 for the problem with Google Now. Anyway is it possible to get the Voice Search in Google Now working, or is it needs some special stuff we are not going to have? :/

Guest KonstaT

I change TPT back from 210 to 180MB, wipe all and use ROM cm-10-20120809-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and GAPPS gapps-jb-20120813-KonstaKANG.zip.

But Google NOW makes some problems... scrolling does not work correctly. The "Background" with the cards does not move up or down.

I tested befor GAPPs for there - working without any problem in german language.

Greetings,

Nr5

Yeah, I have this too. Don't know if scrolling has worked in some other packages (haven't tested), but there was a huge improvement from my previous gapps which didn't have Google Now at all. :P It's currently hacked together from so many different pieces that it's a small miracle it works at all. It still might be missing a lib or something...

+1 for the problem with Google Now. Anyway is it possible to get the Voice Search in Google Now working, or is it needs some special stuff we are not going to have? :/

The special stuff is ARMv7 chipset. ;) Voice search in Google Now already work through the specific app.

Which is the recommended partition layout for this ROM?

There is no recommended partition layout for this ROM. With the gapps from the first post it should fit into a 160mb system.

Guest pritect

Google now works fine after the fix, but I have an issue with swiftkey, after a reboot swiftkey is disabled and the standard android keyboard is choosen