[ROM][ZTE Skate] MIUI - CM7.2 - Android 2.3.7

Guest C3C0

Note that these are not the real soft keys. No GB ROM is able to have real soft keys. This is just the status bar ones.

If they don't appear in the status bar then this means that MIUI devs removed them from SystemUI...

Nothing I can do about it...

Edited by C3C0

Guest nacsrio

Thanks C3C0,

I can not calibrate the sensor proximity when I make or receive calls is always on the screen.

would improve the language, because the programs are only in English (but this is less bad, not very important).

the rest of this wonderful, being a room quickly.

good work and improvements for this to be one of the best

Edited by nacsrio

Guest donk165

Running this ROM at the moment, great work once again C3C0! I prefer this over Mokee OS because the extra parts are much more customisable and the text message overlay is much smoother and without glitches, I've replaced the launcher with LauncherPro because I've never liked the MUMI launcher. I couldn't work out how to look at all apps and its pretty sluggish.

I think this will be my permanent OS until CM9 gets HQ YouTube, which will probably be never :D.

Guest joba69

Hi, have the same problem. I fix it with installing the following patch in cwm:

http://www.mediafire...45duzb6tmyu4a16

Unzip you get 2 files .. i use "proxi_update.zip"

After apply the patch everything works as expected... :-)

PS: C3C0.. thank you very much this is a really cool rom .. and shold be maintained definitly :-D

Thanks C3C0,

I can not calibrate the sensor proximity when I make or receive calls is always on the screen.

would improve the language, because the programs are only in English (but this is less bad, not very important).

the rest of this wonderful, being a room quickly.

good work and improvements for this to be one of the best

Edited by joba69

Guest joba69

What about calibration in Settings / Device settings ? Doesn't it work? It did for me.

Unfortunatley calibrating does not work for me. When i try to calibrate, it seems that it does something and came up with "sensor calibrated message" but never worked for me until i apply the patch above..

I have another problem. If i set fontsize to a different value than normal .. for example "extra small" .. the setting does not survive a reboot... so i have to go to the menu again and change the default fontsize to my favorite setting again....

Also it´s a bit laggy as you said in your first post... is it possible to try a different kernel for this rom ? S3 or evilmotive ...?

S3 is already there. Lagginess is not kernel related. It's theme related. Richer graphics == slower rendering.

Font issue - yeah I know about it and quickly looked into it during porting but haven't found a quick solution, unfortunatelly.

Guest joba69

S3 is already there. Lagginess is not kernel related. It's theme related. Richer graphics == slower rendering.

Font issue - yeah I know about it and quickly looked into it during porting but haven't found a quick solution, unfortunatelly.

What about the following parameters ... could they help to speedup ? ..i see that some of them are allready set in build.prop file ...but some not:

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=275

windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true

persist.sys.use_dithering=1

debug.performance.tuning=1

video.accelerate.hw=1

debug.sf.hw=1

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65

Edited by joba69

What about the following parameters ... could they help to speedup ? ..i see that some of them are allready set in build.prop file ...but some not:

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=275

windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true

persist.sys.use_dithering=1

debug.performance.tuning=1

video.accelerate.hw=1

debug.sf.hw=1

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65

max_events_per_sec should be kept lower. . 60 is enough.

All other performance tweaks are already in my build.prop and are tweaked for the best results. You might be getting a placebo :)

Btw, use_dithering is the same as setting the Dithering option in CM Settings/performance

Guest joba69

@C3C0 thank you for explanation :-)

placebo might not be the badest thing :-D

I test some perfomance settings right now .. . i change some animation settings and simmilar stuff ..change the launcher ...and performance is okay for now :-)

But the issue with proximity is strange ... first off all it is not working for me ...than i apply the patch as described before .... and it is working if i call someone ...but if i receive a call ..it is not working ...screen is on during the call... i asume that screen switch off if i answer the call .. but it does not ..

i workaround now with an app called "proximity_screen_off" ..so i get proximity working ..when receiving calls or when i call someone else ...

hmm :-(

Guest nacsrio

Thank JOBA69, the proximity sensor now works.

another problem: when I turn on the pc the usb mobile phone is always restart, I can not access it.

thanks to all who are developing this project

Guest joba69

Hm, i do not have any problems with usb connections .. only thing i see is .. when i create a backup in cwm and than reboot with usb cable connected to pc ..the phone is not booting until i plug off the usb cable .. than it does a second reboot...i haven´had this behavior before ...

for me the only issue right now is that i´m not able to save the "overall fontsize" settings .. it would be great if this could be fixed ..:-)

Edited by joba69

Guest nacsrio

I turn on my mobile phone to the pc via usb, but only when I step into the usb so it starts to restart, since reinstalled the room and back to do the same, so I can not transfer files via usb.

This happens in case you move some essential system components (e.g. installed theme) to SD card. Always keep such components in internal memory. You could also upload logcat so I can take a look at what exactly 's going on.

Been trying to fix the font size settings but no luck. It is related to MIUI theming. No matter what I do MIUI theme engine always

sets the font scaling to default value on reboot ignoring the previous setting. Without source code I am not able to fix it.

It's too complicated to do it at smali level.

@all

If you come across any apps crashing. I mean the default ones that come with the system. Provide the logcat when reporting the error/

Without the error log I am not able to do anything especially in case I am not able to reproduce the error.

Also please note that this is not my daily rom so I will not take care of minor problems just the critical ones.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Verhaaltjes

@all

If you come across any apps crashing. I mean the default ones that come with the system. Provide the logcat when reporting the error/

Without the error log I am not able to do anything especially in case I am not able to reproduce the error.

Also please note that this is not my daily rom so I will not take care of minor problems just the critical ones.

Perhaps it is interesting to make a FAQ in a preferably pinned post on how someone should create a logcat?

See it happening in a lot of threads these days.

Guest donk165

Has anyone else had random reboots when using the menus? In settings sometimes the scrolling locks up but music continues in the background app, and I can't use home or back buttons to get out of settings, then it reboots to the orange splash screen?

Bad news... Links will be down because of the following... It will take some time to get them up again...

Good day,

As a recipient of this e-mail, you are currently registered as a developer on Goo.im. I do wish this mail was in better tidings, however, it is not. During our maintenance yesterday, expansion of the Lustre FS that files are stored on, was on the todo list, and was done. However, during this, the old primary OST for Lustre died, causing a race condition where the new server was seen as primary, and the metadata server blanked itself, causing a critical loss of all files stored on the FS. Unfortunately, there is no recovery of files from this. At this time, all home directories have been re-created, and users re-linked to /dev/ folders on Goo.im at this time.