Rooted and unlocked what next?

Guest Bender

Guest Bender

Have flashed and rooted - can someone confirm

a) OTA updates no longer work - what will happen if I accidently OK the install prompts - is there any way to suppress these?

B) best app to made backups - clockwork recovery with titanium backup - if I make full nandroid - will titatium restore all apps fully?

c) I plan to test out paranoid android first then probably the modoco ROM - any other suggestions

Thanks in advance

Guest jmagee
Have flashed and rooted - can someone confirm

a) OTA updates no longer work - what will happen if I accidently OK the install prompts - is there any way to suppress these?

B) best app to made backups - clockwork recovery with titanium backup - if I make full nandroid - will titatium restore all apps fully?

c) I plan to test out paranoid android first then probably the modoco ROM - any other suggestions

Thanks in advance

OTA shouldn't work however if it does it will likely remove root.

Clockwork and titanium work fine for me

Can't help sorry, I only use modaco now although i used to be a massive fan of Cyanogen

Guest chrisbarker

I have rooted my stock rom also and for me I'm resisting custom roms for now (although I have CWM on for when I do) but I have installed stick mount for USB OTG Storage, and AdFree Android to get rid of most of the in app adverts as well as 'Switch Me' which allows you to create multiple user logins for the tablet. So now if my wife is ever stuck without her iPad she can log onto mine and check her stuff without signing me out of my apps. :)

Guest cjb110

For the moment I'm sticking with Modaco rom, it's basically stock with some of the niggles fixed. Plus with the kitchen, you can further customize it just for you.