[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Malthus

Surely it's quite simple... If you don't like it, don't read it!

I for one quite like reading the trials and tribulations that Daz has to go through to make this working rom.

I'm sure it will move to a release thread once a usable rom is released?

You just missed the point. People sometimes ask a question in this thread, coming to it fresh and rather than being answered (which would take all of one sentence worth of effort by one person usually) they're told by like half a dozen people to go read the entire thread, which is a ludicrously impractical suggestion obviously.

For instance, good way to answer to an admittedly noobish question: here

Bad answers here, here, and here

Which is more detrimental to the thread - someone asking a noobish question and gets promptly answered and everyone moves on, or someone asking a noobish question and a bunch of people being jerks about it and filling the thread with useless garbage, worse than the actual question was in the first place?

Edited by Malthus

Guest Dazzozo

The problem with keeping everyone in the know, giving ways for people to catch up etc is that the pace of development is so fast. I honestly don't know how I manage to keep track of it, especially over the past few days -- we've had a few people contributing to development.

If people can genuinely provide alternatives instead of just complaining about the situation then I'm all ears.

Guest runlevel5

announcement thread for dazzozo/mods/other devs and a discussion thread where everybody can contribute and useful posts could be stickied/moved/copied to a FAQ thread. dunno if it'd work or not.just a thought

Guest Davidoff59

Dazzozo, did anyone ever get the wifi freeze log. I just installed an app update, beats audio installer update, which froze my device on reboot.

I reinstalled a rom again, and when i connected to wifi, it immediately froze and after a while, automatically rebooted. If your interested in a log, I could reinstall the rom again and try to get a log for you if its of interest or benefit.

If your interested, I presume i would need to be connected to adb when I hit wifi button?

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest Alkapton

Curlie, I thimk your answer is that in current cm10 a few things are broken. Daz thinks he has fixed [almost\?] everything but before we get new release it must be tested by those that understand. You just have to wait like the rest of us.

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo, did anyone ever get the wifi freeze log. I just installed an app update, beats audio installer update, which froze my device on reboot.

I reinstalled a rom again, and when i connected to wifi, it immediately froze and after a while, automatically rebooted. If your interested in a log, I could reinstall the rom again and try to get a log for you if its of interest or benefit.

If your interested, I presume i would need to be connected to adb when I hit wifi button?

There is no log, that's the problem. It deadlocks the device so it couldn't even write to a log if there was anything to write. dhd_dpc uses 100% CPU in that situation before the phone decides to die a minute or so later.

glad to be part of the bignoob club :D
Can't remember your questions sorry. There is nothing to download or test here. Just read the updates. Join the chat on #huawei-G300 if you want more info.

I think the d/l from the op should be removed. Save the confusion / requests to fix it.

The problem with keeping everyone in the know, giving ways for people to catch up etc is that the pace of development is so fast. I honestly don't know how I manage to keep track of it, especially over the past few days -- we've had a few people contributing to development.

If people can genuinely provide alternatives instead of just complaining about the situation then I'm all ears.

I think an update as you have provided above is good, just makes people understand things are moving fast and in the right direction.

Guest peterck

peterck, on 14 October 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

glad to be part of the bignoob club

Can't remember your questions sorry. There is nothing to download or test here. Just read the updates. Join the chat on #huawei-G300 if you want more info.

I think the d/l from the op should be removed. Save the confusion / requests to fix it.

MY question was is the update cm10 been fixed with no bugs like the not working headset

Guest jsevi83

To be fair, expecting people to read the whole thread (which I have done for the record, since I've been following it since the beginning) when it's as massively long as it is and filled with probably 90% irrelevant posts (like ours are here) isn't very practical or realistic. Better options would have included limiting the thread to Dazzozos' posts only or something, or Dazzozos updating the first post with new information when he makes a new post about the state of his ROM.

I don't expect people to read the whole thread, but on the title (and the download link) you can see the date of the latest update, on the first post you can read that current issues will be solved pretty soon, and on the second post you can read which are those issues. That's enough to get an idea of the situation...

My last answer was for those who are confused and are downloading the verson from the 26th of August thinking that it is the new release, and then they report old bugs or ask to close the thread because they didn't even read the first two posts.

Guest Alkapton

The leap is a leap of faith. The leap is believing we have a perfect cm10 released tomorrow when we know damn well tomorrow never comes. I believe in Daz!

Guest ChrisPNE

You just missed the point. People sometimes ask a question in this thread, coming to it fresh and rather than being answered (which would take all of one sentence worth of effort by one person usually) they're told by like half a dozen people to go read the entire thread, which is a ludicrously impractical suggestion obviously.

For instance, good way to answer to an admittedly noobish question: here

Bad answers here, here, and here

Which is more detrimental to the thread - someone asking a noobish question and gets promptly answered and everyone moves on, or someone asking a noobish question and a bunch of people being jerks about it and filling the thread with useless garbage, worse than the actual question was in the first place?

Why thank you sir. ;)

I can understand why people get annoyed when others don't even bother to read the OP but wise crack replies don't really help anyone.