FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

Guest frenkie999999999

Guest spiderman1961

hi there,

i've successfully flashed android via minitool on my internal storage. it worked good.

can u make v8.1 too sa i can flash it without using Ubuntu?

really appreciate it

thank in advance!

You can!

But it's better reformat ext4 and swap partition under ubuntu, because system will be faster

Guest ninjaboyz

Hi Spidey one little problem, the phone not detecting the sd card, try to format to fat32 primary and change the vold.fstab but still not detecting.. It works fine on WinMo though.

Any solution?

Guest ninjaboyz

Hi Spidey one little problem, the phone not detecting the sd card, try to format to fat32 primary and change the vold.fstab but still not detecting.. It works fine on WinMo though.

Any solution?

Sorry just found the solution..

Guest ninjaboyz

Enjoy!

Please post your solution: it shall be useful for all

Formatted with sd formatter but it detect damaged sd and can't format with Omnia, still finding the solution.. :P

Guest voyteckst

thank you for your answer !!!

As far as i know they have done great job on samdroid. they have made a ROM possible to operate the following

+ GSM (including mobile data statistics)

+ Audio

+ SDCard/USB mass storage

+ Wifi

+ Bluetooth (including voice calls)

+ 2D/3D HW acceleration (using OpenFIMG, no proprietary libs)

+ Multitouch

+ GPS

+ Accelerometer

+/- Camera (preliminary implementation - no video recording and might crash sometimes)

- Compass/magnetometer

- Hardware video encoding/decoding (YouTube HQ, high bitrate avi/mpg) - not planned

and they are very important. if only we could do the same on our phone.

Of course i think you are doing great job about frenkiedroid. and android 2.2 works very good on our phone. maybe borrowing some components from samdroid 2.2 project can boost your project too.

Of course i know that giving life to an old phone like ours if very important, but just i worry that soon all programs will stop supporting android 2.2 the same way happened on win mo 6.5, the same way happened on android 1.5 etc, so this is why i think that someday we should consume more efforts on android 2.3

Keep up the good work Spiderman !!!

samdroid is using 3.0 kernel, so You'd have to backport openfimg changes to 2.6.32 O2's kernel or port everything to 3.0 samdroid kernel. Additionally openfimg libraries have to be used then in android.

Guest nikkotsoi

samdroid is using 3.0 kernel, so You'd have to backport openfimg changes to 2.6.32 O2's kernel or port everything to 3.0 samdroid kernel. Additionally openfimg libraries have to be used then in android.

nice to see you here again.

If anyone can port our O2 kernel to 3.0.

The performance on graphics and also cpu must be greatly improved.

However, it 's such a difficult job =[

Hey guys!! if you need youtube, you can use (the old) version 2.4.4, i found it on aptoide www.aptoide.com (you need to download their market first), unfortunately sometimes videos won´t load, so you must restart your device :/ bummer! but hey, at least it´s something. (sorry for my bad english)

Guest jingang

Too too many problems! for now insurmountable: missing public drivers for components

can you upload the v7 version ?the FrenkieDroid_v7 link is not useful。for us it cannot be useful :the download was denied by uploader??

thanks

Guest spiderman1961

Twister Team is happy to present:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

TWISTER V.1

(daughter of the primordial FrenkieDroid v8)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

We thank Mr.:

• almar (Marc)
  • bsbsbs (Sándor)
  • Egon
  • phj (János)

because through their research have made it possible to port Android on OmniaII

Thanks, however, to be larger

Frenkie99999999999
    who raised this port to levels previously unimaginable!!!!!

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

The base of the Rom is always CyanogenMod 6.2 Android 2.2 Froyo, I applied it to a series of tweaks and improvements to the code in order to make it more performant and responsive without the help of other applications, which remain resident in memory consumed Ram valuable.
    Applications in support of the Rom have been thinned, so as to provide a product that after two months of testing occurs without disruption: the system is fast and handsome, any failure or delay is due only to the next installation of the app is not fully compatible this remains a PORTING, a system designed for other hardware and that no one thought of seeing run on OmniaII born for WinMobile

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you can say goodbye to SetCPU, System Tuner, SGS Touchscreebooster and other apps you may have installed: no longer needed!
    The same Task Manager is used only for the widget to put on the home to control the amount of RAM free: no need to use it to kill app left open in the background where everything is run by script inside the Roma: they are to manage the amount Ram minimum, the sensitivity of the touch screen and many other parameters that are described in the following here in the changelog that lists the new features compared to FrenkieDroid v8.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGELOG

Graphics improvements:

• New-style bootanimation Nexus
    • TRANSPARENT statusbar!
      The portion of the screen appear where the line indicators, battery, time etc.. first opaque are now transparent graphic effect is surprising, despite assemble Android 2.2 Froyo, have attractive graphics such as JB and with a screen now so broad that almost has nothing to envy to the Galaxy S +!
    • Iridium Theme: new icons, new wallpaper, new buttons, new indicators battery and telephone line ... all according to the colors of the rainbow
    • New-launcher: Holo launcher: it is the lightest and most agile because it locked in memory via script, and not through Spicagenmod option (disable) or the launcher itself (disable)
    • App-system modded and skinned (already published previously) incorporated
    • Fixed a graphic bug icons that were too big disappear captions
    • Task Manager 1.8.1
    • File manager-much lighter than the previous: Explorer+
    • Quick Pick-2.8.2

Code improvements and tweaks
      • Ram-management through "Low Memory killer balanced script" (without app) according to these values: 8,14,55,70,85,100 (multitasking smooth and fast: only use task manager to see the percentage of free RAM memory, the script does the rest!)
      • Automatic Defragmentation at the boot of system databases
      • Zipalignin and fixpermission of the app (to prevent their Force close) on every boot which saves battery and ram, and greater fluidity of the system
      • 55 Mb of RAM free at all times guaranteed!
      • Init.rc with changes incorporated
      • Modified build.prop
      • Virtual Memory Tweaks for greater fluidity
      • SD card Tweak: Increased read ahead cache data for faster access
      • Cleaning the cache on every boot, the system will not be filled with useless temporary files that weigh down and you will not need app to do that
      • GPU rendering
      • Compression of the Ram-through "Zram script" for a more responsive (you must disable Spicagenmod settings / performance / compcache ram usage)
      • Tweak-range for a greater fluidity
      • Darky-zipaling
      • For those who want to use live wallpapers these will be more fluid
      • Kernel tweaks for best performance
      • Battery tweaks: increased durability
      • Ext4 smart-mounting: Access to faster disk (noatime, disable barrier etc)
      • Improved sensibility of the touchscreen through script
      • Less lags through LMK Tweak and various VM Tweaks: smoother
      • Sysctl tweaks
      • Disabled logger
      • Many app will open faster with many tweaks added: phone, keyboard, messaging
      • Fixed the excessive delay in the appearance of buttons phone call (Tested several times: 2-3 seconds for the screen to appear to answer on our Omnia)
      • VSysnc-enabled
      • I / O scheduler tweaks
      • Better performance
      • Throughput better network with TCP tweaks and 3G tweaks

Credits to:

[*]Ng L C

[*]knzo

[*]ImbaWind

[*]zeppellinrox

[*]iluvamk

for their suggestions and for shared materials

KNOWN BUGS:

[*]Binary Superuser not updateable

[*]Theter not working

[*]Setting use 2G network to save battery reset on every reboot

[*]Factory data reset partially functioning: delete account, address book, calendar must be made manually

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshots from which you can take a look at new release

post-994390-0-17683300-1361311115_thumb.

post-994390-0-85308800-1361311153_thumb.

post-994390-0-02992900-1361311187_thumb.

post-994390-0-24021200-1361311237_thumb.

post-994390-0-97492800-1361311285_thumb.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

A preview videos that I hope will be appreciated: CLICK HERE

**************************************************************************************************************************************

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD ROM

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD KERNEL AND TOOLS OF INSTALLATION

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest spiderman1961

can you upload the v7 version ?the FrenkieDroid_v7 link is not useful。for us it cannot be useful :the download was denied by uploader??

thanks

NEW VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jingang

NEW VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes

。the new version download link is bad in our country。can you give a link of the new v7 version please?rapidshare is forbidden ,thanks

Guest spiderman1961

yes

。the new version download link is bad in our country。can you give a link of the new v7 version please?rapidshare is forbidden ,thanks

Is this ok for you?

If yes just wait for any my free time to upload

Guest plutomaniac

I was thinking of going to v7 because v8 feels slow to me but now I'd like to see the Twister version. Some questions:

1) At v7 does WiFi work because it only says about GPS and Bluetooth which are not important to me.

2) Are the buttons fixed at Twister to reflect the actual Omnia II keys? It is something that you forgot at v8, that's why I'm asking.

3) Twister is based on v8 so we must use the default kernel that you provide, right?

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest jingang

Is this ok for you?

If yes just wait for any my free time to upload

i mean :Rom_FrenkieDroid_v7.zip:the download link is "https://rapidshare.com/#!download|622p2|2574963333|Rom_FrenkieDroid_v7.zip|158543|0|0|Download%20permission%20denied%20by%20uploader.%20%280b67c2f5%29"

File size: 158.54 MB,this version ,if you have time ,i will wait for your upload,thanks

Guest plutomaniac

Ok, I just installed Twister:

1) I'm really impressed with the feel of it, and I really like the rotation feauture as well as the top-down settings panel.

2) The buttons are now correctly working as they should.

3) The camera app looks different, more rich and better.

4) In general the fewer applications for ram managment makes it cleaner, great work on that.

5) However, it is even laggier than v8. At boot it is around 51MB which is somewhat ok. After 5-10 minutes of usage and testing it goes to 32MB of RAM which is very noticable. The ram cleaner did not help afterwards.

6) It keeps requesting for an SD card for the camera to work. I don't have an SD as I've the 8GB version.

7) It would be nice if by default the language was English because with the new theme it took me some minutes to find the setting to change it.

8) At many instances it might become completely non-responsive and require something like 5 minutes to finally say that the application is not responding and must be closed. It happened at the last step of google play store setup, at an app manager and at the browser until now.

9) WiFi does not autodetect networks. It works manually though.

10) Google Play Store keeps saying that I have to sign-in when I start it.

Edited by plutomaniac