[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

is it possible to unlock phone from Vodafone after flashing mod 9? I have bought an unlock code but I'm not being prompted to enter it when I put in sim from my old phone. It prompted for code before I flashed mod 9, but I didn't have the code then.

Guest tcpaulh

is it possible to unlock phone from Vodafone after flashing mod 9? I have bought an unlock code but I'm not being prompted to enter it when I put in sim from my old phone. It prompted for code before I flashed mod 9, but I didn't have the code then.

You'll have to be on a stock based rom to use your unlock code.

I updated from R2 to R3 over the weekend and my first comment is that the update mechanism is extremely nice: did an OTA update, everything went smoothly, all setting survived. R3 is working very nicely for me but I did note one (pleasant) oddity that seemed worth asking about. On R2 the 'phone suffered fairly frequent reboots that seemed to be related to moving in and out of 3G coverage, and other people had reported something similar. After two days of the commute to work (which used to trigger this reliably) I haven't seen the issue, but there's nothing in the R3 changes listed or in the comments in this thread that suggests it's been deliberately fixed. Is this an actual fix that didn't get a mention in the release notes or is the apparent improvement jprobably ust luck?

I've got Gmail installed & it works fine - The only apps that don't work are Huawei AllBackUp app & FM Radio to my knowledge.

All backup works with system data (phonebook, messages, notes, calendar...), but refuse to restore app data. Install from cwm.

Guest Ludak021

The Jelly Bean keyboard is working perfectly for me. I haven't bothered to try the camera, as I believe you need a gyroscope for PhotoShphere to work, and we don't have one :-(

since spirit level apps work using accelerometer, I guess gyroscope is not needed?!

Guest Frankish

With R3 this rom became 100% daily driver for me. Minimal issues, I have a notification led only working sometimes no other bugs I can think of. I go back to stock I have no hwa UI, default storage issues, dictionary issues and memory issues!

I dare anyone to contest that r3 isn't the BEST rom available for the g300? And don't use battery excuses as I get 3 hours of screen on time (my average days use) with this rom, infusion and stock+.

Also just want to add I get no slow downs after a couple of days etc either so that must be app related. I'd suggest before reporting that as an issue run the rom for a couple of days without installing any extra apps or restoring any old data.

Edited by Frankish

I'd like to report the procedure I've used to get CM9 up and running (latest suggested CWM6)

1) backup apps, profiles and another backup via CWM

2) wipe data, cache, dalvik and format /system

3) reboot recovery

4) flash CM9

5) boot the phone and setup wifi

6) shutdown or battery pull

7) flash GAPPS

8) reboot

9) setup google account

10) reboot

11) install apps and enjoy

This is not guaranteed to work, it's just the procedure that led me to a successful installation... I've encountered 4 complete freezes on previous setups.

Not sure if this helps with the battery stats or even gives a clue as to what the cause may be. I left the house today, battery fully charged, got the usual drop to 91% within a few minutes, but the strange part of the picture is I was out for 3 1/2 hours but it is only showing as on battery for 55 minutes? Anyone any ideas, it was not turned off, restarted, charged or suffered a reboot.

Andrew

EDIT, is it me or does that graph line look like its going up??

Looks perfectly straight to me :D

Guest BillBong

I'm just trying this in between flashing the new version of Infusion. So far, it seems pretty solid to me, and haven't had any major problems but I just wanted to check a couple of things:

1) Is there any way to get a horizontal battery "bar" (miui style) instead of the battery icon/%?

2) On the pulldown notification, it shows "no service" even though I've got a signal and been able to make a call with that showing. It did also show Orange PCS Ltd (I'm with T-Mobile so it's usually one or the other or EE)

Guest timfimjim

People with battery issues - do you just get a lot of battery drain when mobile data is on? Have you tried turning it off and seeing if battery life changes?

I'm just trying this in between flashing the new version of Infusion. So far, it seems pretty solid to me, and haven't had any major problems but I just wanted to check a couple of things:

1) Is there any way to get a horizontal battery "bar" (miui style) instead of the battery icon/%?

2) On the pulldown notification, it shows "no service" even though I've got a signal and been able to make a call with that showing. It did also show Orange PCS Ltd (I'm with T-Mobile so it's usually one or the other or EE)

Some stuff hasn't been configured, that's why it says no service. I have the exact same problem but it is nothing to worry about.

@dazzozo I think I found a bug in the CMupdater app. For some reason, it alerts me that there is a new update available even though there obviously isn't. Clicking the notification just takes me to the updater without doing any updates. It's only happened twice so I don't mind, but still it's something to investigate :P

post-969101-13540558872517_thumb.jpg

P.S. apologies for all my comments, I've posted quite a lot in a small space of time lol.

Guest drituss

Not sure, but I think that I had the same issue with the led even on stock B944: sometimes the led was off and there was a notification (a message from whatsapp).

After 4 days with CM9 - R3, no problems at all. Thanks Dazzozo!

Guest Ludak021

is there any way we can get AROMA ported to this CM?

mainly interested in

NativeSD (SD-EXT)

system@EXT4, data@EXT4, boot@FAT32

For high speed read/write SD Card only (Class 6 or 10). Otherwise you may get poor performance.

Please create a FAT32 primary partition with 32KB cluster size, then an EXT4 primary partition with default cluster size on your SD card.

Please visit NativeSD thread for more info.

since phone internal storage is like 3KB/s and my SD card is ~15MB/s I guess this would speed up the loading times and phone in general by A LOT for people with good class 10 SD cards :)

Thanks?! :P

Guest darthmaul88

People with battery issues - do you just get a lot of battery drain when mobile data is on? Have you tried turning it off and seeing if battery life changes?

I tried it. it does not changes when I turn data off. So it is not an error with the battery stats it is just huge drain. I have also noticed that the phone is getting warmer which might be consistent with someones statement that the CPU is used big time during browsing in 3g.

Could it be that fast dormancy is not supported by my network thus the phone keeps switching the data on and off?

How I disable it?