[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest ficko98

you do somethink wrong, do you rooted phone, unlocked bootloader and installed recovery (i prefer twrp)?, do wipe everythink in wipe menu in twrp? and than install cm10.

Guest sssingletrack

Daz stated it might be better in 952 not 926 firmware? So doesn't everyone need 936? Since that's its predecessor which was the one that upgraded to HSDPA 9 and 2020 baseband.

After I reflashed R5 because the ota hadn't appeared to do anything other than change the version in about phone, I've had no 3g reboots and a fairly average 3g drain.

I've kept my data on to test this. So its pretty much been on constant, even on some nights(I would normally turn it off)

Edit - just physically tested 3g drain, charged phone from 18% to 38% and it did drop very quickly, however this is probably due to the short charge and the percentage been out of sync. I should have let it settle first.

My 3g drain cannot be that bad anyway I keep data on all day at work, using the phone to check emails etc and send texts on my lunch (45 minutes) and after an 8 hour day I still have 85% battery.

Edited by sssingletrack

Hi there,

Just made my first donation, great work is been doing here, in my opinion.

I have installed cm9 r3 and now cm10 r3, r4, r5

I have one question about this CM10 R5?

Why is the 2nd icon on the dock always disappearing ?????????????

tks

New record, charged overnight... Wifi was off the whole, time and oddly enough Tapatalk wasnt ever on during this time not even in the recent apps. 3 calls, 2 sms and nothing else since i was asleep drained the battery this much... Dunno what else to do other than waiting for a fix.

post-1003349-13592107696792_thumb.jpg

Guest papadkostas

@papadkostas do a full wipe and format system in mounts and storage menu.

i'll give a try but i dont think this will solve that

tapatalk is battery cancer :D

A question regarding what dezzazo said, so I should install B926 and upgrade do CM10 from that directly, skipping B952? And will that fix exactly? Getting kinda confused in all of this.

Edited by kupp

I'm at my wits end then... Been installing some rom about a couple of times a day but nothing's working, guess I really am gonna hang on to Infusion until something comes up with CM10. This sucks, really love how fast and fluid this build is but it's not suited for everyday usage at least for me unless I'm charing the phone 2-3 times a day.

I am new here so i don't know is there a thread for reporting issues,so i will post here.First i want to thank to all people making this possible! :)

Here is a issue i have to show, i was looking on https://code.google....m10/issues/list but it is not show there...

Problem occurs when you go to wi-fi menu and tap on " + " icon or taping on any other network you want to connect,and this show up,this is actually window where you enter password in,anyway i found out that this can be bypassed by entering the wi-fi menu again and again and normal window should appear at one point...once again thank to all you people!

screenshot2013-01-26-18-.jpgscreenshot2013-01-26-18-.png

Guest soulhand

I'm at my wits end then... Been installing some rom about a couple of times a day but nothing's working, guess I really am gonna hang on to Infusion until something comes up with CM10. This sucks, really love how fast and fluid this build is but it's not suited for everyday usage at least for me unless I'm charing the phone 2-3 times a day.

Just another data point: I was in Germany last week, wifi on but not connected to any network, mobile data off, hardly using the phone - and the battery was only down to 70% or so even after a couple of days. So looks like data is the culprit (no great surprise there). In more normal use, it lasts a bit less than a day, which I think is more than with other ROMs I've tried (stock, and Infusion)

Guest krishang3
I am new here so i don't know is there a thread for reporting issues,so i will post here.First i want to thank to all people making this possible! :)

Here is a issue i have to show, i was looking on https://code.google....m10/issues/list but it is not show there...

Problem occurs when you go to wi-fi menu and tap on " + " icon or taping on any other network you want to connect,and this show up,this is actually window where you enter password in,anyway i found out that this can be bypassed by entering the wi-fi menu again and again and normal window should appear at one point...once again thank to all you people!

screenshot2013-01-26-18-.jpgscreenshot2013-01-26-18-.png

that's a known bug.

Hi just wondered if you can install cwm 6.0.2.7 but use the stock huawei ICS rom with it? (Restored from backup) This would enable me to try this rom 'risk free' but restore the one I'm on now and used to

Its a long shot, but would it be possible to lower the power usage of the antenna, kinda like undervolting a CPU? It seems the antenna is the battery eater here, so lowering its power could give you hours more usage on your phone.

Guest Astigot

A note on the general battery life of R5 - I did an OTA update from R3 and left the phone on overnight doing nothing. In the morning the battery meter was down 20% wheres in R3 it loses 3-4% over the same period.

According to CPU spy in R5 the CPU spent ~60% of its time running at 1Ghz, 40% at 245Mhz and never entered deep sleep at any point. Both the built-in battery app and GSam battery monitor have 'Android OS' as keeping the phone awake constantly and causing 81% of the battery use (the rest being the phone radio).

On R3 the CPU spends ~98% of the time in deep sleep overnight, so it looks like one of the changes made in R4 or R5 stop the phone from being abe to sleep properly. I can't test R4 to work out which one as I get the reset/freeze problem that was fixed in R5.

Guest BadarChaudhry

This is my battery stats for almost 2 day on 2G with data and wifi disabled, its was on standby all the time. used for alarm for 2 mornings with total of 12 times alarm goes off with viberation.

But when on standyby with 3G and data on.. its complete different story. at night it was 98% and 8 hours later down to 50%. everything else was disabled.

screenshot2013012716560.png

Its a long shot, but would it be possible to lower the power usage of the antenna, kinda like undervolting a CPU? It seems the antenna is the battery eater here, so lowering its power could give you hours more usage on your phone.

That's what flight mode is. Anything in between would fail to communicate properly but use more power.

Sam

Guest papadkostas

Hi just wondered if you can install cwm 6.0.2.7 but use the stock huawei ICS rom with it? (Restored from backup) This would enable me to try this rom 'risk free' but restore the one I'm on now and used to

ofc you can do that

go to cwm >backup and restore>backup to external sdcard

then to restore u press restore from external sd card

(note if u have any media files in the internal storage of the phone make sure u remove them, otherwise backup will be huge and slow to build and restore)