[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest darthmaul88

I'm running on B926 firmware. The ROM itself is using B952 proprietaries and RIL libs and I don't have any problems.

Are you suggesting that those of us who have a different official firmware (936 or 944) should try reinstalling the 926 using the update.app?

Could this solve the 3g reboot issues?

Are you suggesting that those of us who have a different official firmware (936 or 944) should try reinstalling the 926 using the update.app?

Way to go Sherlock! ;)

Guest kawicant

I'm running on B926 firmware. The ROM itself is using B952 proprietaries and RIL libs and I don't have any problems.

Yesterday I've pached CM10 via RAIL-B926.zip and after about one day phone works without reboots . Maybe my issue is resolved.

Another issue when I woke up phone from deep sleep luncher is frozen or works very slow.

Guest lostboybinns

the app freeze and notification freeze are too big an issue for me to use . Can I go back to Cm9 via the ota without doing any wipes? driving me bonkers

Guest clauscdi

Yesterday I put 948 Singapore via update.app, rooted and unlocked bootloader, I had no reboots by now with 3g connected all the time; the rom has no fm radio, but is pretty clean and smooth, same as 944

For unlocking I used the file compiled by genokolar here

All other roms where unblocked using this guide http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/re-root-unlock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/ which has a different file BootloaderG300.exe. The reboots might have occurred because of that file?

Guest krishang3

I've been using this since it came out and I must say its fast smooth and great its just what I need, I don't have special needs for whatsapp or other apps like instagram all I use is tapatalk 2, fb and other various apps. All have used with no absolute issues. I can tell that the next update will be much better.

Great work daz

Plus Ubuntu f%$ked up m pc, once I installed it, I turn on PC and it just buzzes like crazy nothing would show just random glitched images

Guest leemann

Problem with bluetooth audio when connected to car. Connects ok but when switching to bluetooth audio Apollo starts up but sound comes out of phone speaker.

Has anyone worked out a way around this ? Bluetooth for phone calls works just fine, but other audio always comes out of the phone speaker instead of my car stereo.

I thought perhaps it was a side effect of not doing a wipe when installing over CM9 R5 so I've reinstalled from scratch and it still does it. The bluetooth settings says that it's connected for both audio sources (phone and multimedia).

Anyone find a workaround yet ?

This is a truly excellent ROM though. Regardless of the problems, it's so smooth and slick, it's like I've got a new phone. Fantastic work Dazzozo!

Guest Colossae3.23

Running CM10 for over 24 hrs now.

I updated to ICS with 926 and moved from CM9 with the OTA. Didn't like the signature the first time, but rebooted recovery and went to the ota updater file on sd card and it installed fine from there. I've had no 3G drop outs, no issues with notification bar, and no freezes. I have had it hang a few times using a widget and with Llama. But these aren't really freezes, cause I've always been able to click the home button to back out. And it usually is fine the second time. No LED, of course.

Though not perfect, as pointed out numerous times already, this rom is extremely useable for me. And its the fastest, smoothest rom since... well soft butter ;-) (and that's w/o overclock)

Guest TangerineTractor

I noticed last night that Google Maps took a couple of minutes to actually display a map - I put it down to a data glitch, but it did it again this morning - opened google maps, and got a blank screen with the gps cursor flashino on it for a couple of minutes until it loaded up the maps... not sure if this is a rom issue or a google data issue, although I've not seen this on any other rom.

I also had an issue with no mobile data, and just reregistering on the network fixed it.

Guest wassupjg

and other guys have also benched it, they are recognized developers from XDA and they say it is not better. What now? Trololol... Who is Fagulhas anyway, where are his bench results? Why didn't you at least linked them? I linked at least two spreadsheets proving you and fagulhas wrong. You linked none.

Yes, he should know. He improved his CM10 making some apps not work at all, and a lot them crashing and most of basic features are...well...borked. If he knew better he would never have released this zombie CM10 pre-alpha thing.

He did give A reason, linking touchscreen optimizations to ondemand governor (witch is not the same as I/O scheduler fyi). I tried it. Touch screen behaves the same, or at least with no obvious difference between smartassv2 and ondemand. Obvious difference is that phone works better with smartassV2 + sio then ondemand + noop. another obvious thing is that typing is hell on CM10. Yes, even with stock kbd.

dude, there are no other devices, those results are just measured with different device. Governor and scheduler control android behavior and behavior of clock speeds. They are not written (standard ones) for specific devices in mind, that's the whole point. Those devices do not have different software, they run on linux android. Get a grasp on your s*** before you go into convo about s*** you have no clue about. It's basics, read up on governors and schedulers. And ffs post those benchmark results that you speak of, without that it just a "good story bro", I posted results.

yes it does in this case unless something is specifically designed for some thing. Jeez. You trust the person who borked your led notifications? Good for you.

Truth? Did I say they lied? Who mentioned lies? What are you on about? Dazzozo says cm9 RC5 is working better then RC3, yet, we all know it is not so. Does he use g300 all day long for common stuff? Does he keep his g300 online without reboot for 2-3 days? No? Truth-lie? Does it matter? He is doing his best, I thank him. But CM9 rc3 IS better then cm9 rc5 he just can't accept that. I thank him for cm9 rc3. Best rom he has made so far. Truth is in grey shades, sorry.

well, you see there is a problem. He only said that after you and I started this discussion. Not before. I had no reason to stick with something so basic and default as ondemand. When he said what he did I said I am going to give it a try. I was not backpedaling , I acknowledged his statement and went to try it out. It makes no difference in "real world". If he had mentioned it in posts 1 and 2 that ondemand was preferable because of bla bla, I would have left it there and tested it out first before going onwards to the stuff that usually works best (including all other CM mods). So you assumed wrong again.

you called yourself out. I gave a general advice that is usually given and is usually preferred. At the time I had no knowledge of ondemand being modified in this cm10 rom and tied to some other features. If I knew, I would have probably given the same advice as you, but with argument as to why.

you are just a smartass like I am, you value nothing short of what you learned yourself or do yourself. It's just a matter of who knows more and does more. We both can admit our mistakes and learn something more, but we sometimes just choose not to because it is no fun :D

How about not trying to belittle the developer? Regardless of whether you are actually correct or not, their efforts alone deserve to be exempt from such sniping comments, 'If he knew better...' etc, what you were clearly implying. To spend so much time (whether you agree or not) attempting to put together a working release, to have to read comments like yours, regardless of whether you've thanked him already, this is such obvious stuff, common sense, are you getting lost in translation?

I wouldn't have mentioned this, except I recall reading a while ago you giving the great Tillaz grief in his Infusion thread, top guy that he is, he was accommodating in trying to deal with your problems, others may not be so patient for so long. Exercise self control, instead of biting the hand that feeds you, no matter how "crappy" the serving is. You are making the rest of us look bad, and ungrateful, it's embarrassing seeing you demean the efforts of the developer like that.

Discussion is fine, encouraged, but formulate a less offensive way of getting your point across.

Guest darthmaul88

I noticed last night that Google Maps took a couple of minutes to actually display a map - I put it down to a data glitch, but it did it again this morning - opened google maps, and got a blank screen with the gps cursor flashino on it for a couple of minutes until it loaded up the maps... not sure if this is a rom issue or a google data issue, although I've not seen this on any other rom.

I also had an issue with no mobile data, and just reregistering on the network fixed it.

Probably a data issue as I don't have it. Also you mentioned having problems with mobile data. Have you tried the maps while connected to a wifi?

Guest hippy dave

Thanks to the great tips in this thread, about disabling hw overlays and Light Control, I now have no graphic freezes, and notification lights, so this rom is becoming really usable even before updates.

Getting loads of glitches in Chrome (I know most people would recommend different browsers, but I need the sync...). Googling suggests this is an issue common to other CM builds, and is to do with graphic acceleration. Video playback works in some apps and not others. I have every faith that Daz will have these issues nailed soon, if he doesn't already.

One time I lost mobile data, but toggling it off and on fixed it, but since then I've had more dropouts that needed a reboot to get reconnected. Reading the recent posts makes me think I should try a different RIL. Will read up and maybe try it out.

Looking forward to the next update, but already loving the jelly beans :-)

Guest tcpaulh

As you keep on ignoring, this'll be my last post.

Troll:
"and other guys have also benched it, they are recognized developers from XDA and they say it is not better. What now?"

The results you linked to were for the nexus s (a different device with different hardware/software). It's not a g300. They acknowledge in the data that the recommendations you were pushing were only a guide for and that different kernels on the same device would make the recommendations unreliable. Having a completely different device as well as a different kernel would only muddy the waters further. Here's the quote:-

70404378.jpg

.and

Caveats

The most important thing to remember is that the testing hardware is a nexus s. Although I believe they are essentially the same device, there may be differences in how the galaxy s hardware affects performance.

Troll: "Trololol... Who is Fagulhas anyway, where are his bench results? Why didn't you at least linked them? I linked at least two spreadsheets proving you and fagulhas wrong. You linked none".

Fagulhas is co-developing CM10 with Daz. Like I said I believed him and Daz when they said they'd benched them all and chosen ondemand, then optimised usage further. They've got no reason to push it over anything else.

Your spreadsheets contradict your own position LOL. They are for different hardware running different software and it says in the spreadsheets that even changing kernel within the same hardware would invalidate the recommendations. You've crossed the line from being a numpty to just posting irrelevant crap and hoping we get bored. Well, I am bored but not gonna let you get away with it.

Troll: "Yes, he should know. He improved his CM10 making some apps not work at all, and a lot them crashing and most of basic features are...well...borked. If he knew better he would never have released this zombie CM10 pre-alpha thing."

Change the subject and start an attack on CM10. That might work. Not.

Troll: "He did give A reason, linking touchscreen optimizations to ondemand governor (witch is not the same as I/O scheduler fyi). I tried it. Touch screen behaves the same, or at least with no obvious difference between smartassv2 and ondemand. Obvious difference is that phone works better with smartassV2 + sio then ondemand + noop. another obvious thing is that typing is hell on CM10. Yes, even with stock kbd."

Now I can show you the meaning of the word subjective. ^^^^^^ as opposed to benchmarked.

Troll: "dude, there are no other devices, those results are just measured with different device. Governor and scheduler control android behavior and behavior of clock speeds. They are not written (standard ones) for specific devices in mind, that's the whole point. Those devices do not have different software, they run on linux android. Get a grasp on your s*** before you go into convo about s*** you have no clue about. It's basics, read up on governors and schedulers. And ffs post those benchmark results that you speak of, without that it just a "good story bro", I posted results."

There are other devices. You admit it in your second sentence. :o I've already given you two quotes from the 'evidence' you provided saying that diferent devices give different results. So give up already.

Troll: "yes it does in this case unless something is specifically designed for some thing. Jeez. You trust the person who borked your led notifications? Good for you."

This is simply you restating the claim that the tests hold true across devices. It's BS and I've proved it using quotes from your own 'evidence' against you. Your ad hominem attack on Daz, while offensive, is irrelevant.

Troll: "Truth? Did I say they lied? Who mentioned lies? What are you on about? Dazzozo says cm9 RC5 is working better then RC3, yet, we all know it is not so. Does he use g300 all day long for common stuff? Does he keep his g300 online without reboot for 2-3 days? No? Truth-lie? Does it matter? He is doing his best, I thank him. But CM9 rc3 IS better then cm9 rc5 he just can't accept that. I thank him for cm9 rc3. Best rom he has made so far. Truth is in grey shades, sorry."

So I said I believed Fagulhas and Daz on and you take it as some kind of personal accusation. Get a grip. The rest of your quote is off topic / misdirection.

Troll: "well, you see there is a problem. He only said that after you and I started this discussion. Not before. I had no reason to stick with something so basic and default as ondemand. When he said what he did I said I am going to give it a try. I was not backpedaling , I acknowledged his statement and went to try it out. It makes no difference in "real world". If he had mentioned it in posts 1 and 2 that ondemand was preferable because of bla bla, I would have left it there and tested it out first before going onwards to the stuff that usually works best (including all other CM mods). So you assumed wrong again."

TIming is irrelevant to whether or not your original advice was wrong. Then you go in to more subjective stuff where the term 'real world' can be replaced by 'in my world', ie the only world that supports your argument. You cant quote yourself to support your argument. It doesn't work. It literaly doesn't get more subjective than that.

Troll: "you called yourself out. I gave a general advice that is usually given and is usually preferred. At the time I had no knowledge of ondemand being modified in this cm10 rom and tied to some other features. If I knew, I would have probably given the same advice as you, but with argument as to why."

Apart from the bizarre "you called yourself out" retort, we agree on something :)

Troll: "you are just a smartass like I am, you value nothing short of what you learned yourself or do yourself. It's just a matter of who knows more and does more. We both can admit our mistakes and learn something more, but we sometimes just choose not to because it is no fun :D"

Smartass, yep, sometimes, but beside the point.

Way to go Sherlock! ;)

Apologies if any/all of these are dumb questions but I have been trying to follow this and other (e.g. CM9.1, Infusion) threads and am a bit confused about this...

1. Is it necessary to revert to the full 926 stock ROM first and then go (back) to CM 10.0 or other preferred custom ROM? And, if so, is this readily available (e.g. I don't see it here: http://www.modaco.co...e-updated-1012/). Apologies if it's already posted elsewhere in the forum...

2. Or is it OK to just install the 926 RIL (which is available from here: http://www.modaco.co...ge__hl__ repack via the thread mentioned above)?

3. Is it OK to do this RIL update while already on CM 10.0?

4. Are there any significant risks in doing this RIL update? Like what's the worst that can happen... :blush:

5. I believe that the last stock Vodafone (Ireland - not sure if it's same as UK ROM) that I installed OTA was B936 in case that matters...

Thanks!

Update: oops - maybe it is a case of RTFM given what tillaz says here:

http://www.modaco.co...ge__hl__ repack

You should flash the specific RIL for your baseband... REGARDLESS OF THE ROM YOU ARE USING...

OBVIOUSLY IT MUST BE STOCK BASED ICS (FLASH IN RECOVERY NO WIPE)

Example: if the last official update (update.app) you did was B926 then you should flash B926 RIL

So I guess it IS a case of using the full 926 update including RIL so that the baseband is at the correct level and only then going to CM 10.0 or whatever?

:blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest jordanclarke69

http://www.modaco.co...ge__hl__ repack

You should flash the specific RIL for your baseband... REGARDLESS OF THE ROM YOU ARE USING...

OBVIOUSLY IT MUST BE STOCK BASED ICS (FLASH IN RECOVERY NO WIPE)

Example: if the last official update (update.app) you did was B926 then you should flash B926 RIL

So I guess it IS a case of using the full 926 update including RIL so that the baseband is at the correct level and only then going to CM 10.0 or whatever?

:blush:

WTF?! I thought I almost knew what I was doing, but now am as confused as ever again...

I did the official ICS update, then CM9, then CM10. I never understood nor flashed a RIL.

CM10 is working well.... do I need to do a RIL flash, or is it unnecessary for me??

Guest edwardecl

So I guess the best advice is to use B926 version of the 2030 baseband for best compatibility...

Would be awesome if there was an easy was of reflashing just the baseband and not have to mess about downgrading the entire ROM.

I have one phone on B926 baseband and one phone on B927 baseband (mistakenly)... and I see some differences. The B926 one runs fine but obviously the notification bar and some menus are not responding with hw overlays enabled just like everyone else. The B927 one I see graphical corruption in addition to this on the display, the notification bar corrupts sometimes which I have not even see happen once on the B926 once or even on CM9 on the same phone... which is strange.

The only other difference between the phones are different network providers, but I don't see how that would make any differences. Also the B927 even on CM9/CM10 does not display it's phone number in the about phone status, it did with an old Gingerbread ROM (not tried other ICS roms with it though)... although that could be a problem with Hutchison 3G and CM9/10... will have to try the sim in the B926 phone... although CM10 seems to have fixed the problem getting to the three app for topups no more network errors.

CM10 is working well.... do I need to do a RIL flash, or is it unnecessary for me??

If it is working well then don't bother messing with the RIL. I've used b926 firmware since it was leaked in July and have never had any issues with reboots, in this rom or any other, but then everyone uses their phone differently so that's purely anecdotal.