[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Ludak021

man you have got to be kidding me, I see someone bragging about your ROM being an alpha but to me this feels nothing like an alpha.. if all basic features work well its no more and alpha... if he's complaining why doesn't he just build from source to prove hes more capable on building cm himself, and good on you daz for not taking his comments harsh... good on you mate.

dude, I am not claiming or opening threads about roms I build. I cannot build them. On the other hand, lots of you have no idea of how complete and working CM rom feels like. This aint it. I had alpha CM roms on HD2 (this I can vouch for) working better then these "release candidates". I am telling you, and everyone else, if this was viable RC it would be on XDA, not on Modaco only. To you it might feel like something great, but to us that know better this feels sub-par and dazzozo know it, he just beats the bush around it claiming that support is low for g300 (true but he knew it from the start).

Edited by Ludak021

Guest FranciscoMSM

PS. HTC sensation doesn't have official JB upgrade, yet CM10 works fine, not one, 3 of them. Your point's are moot. Learn to code or gtfo.

edit: sorry, make leds blink on any of your roms, I'll shut up! ;)

first - my led is blinking correct

second - you're such a morron

Edited by FranciscoMSM

Guest moodoop

lol worra moron

It's quite sad. You really have no idea at all what you are talking about.

btw im the author if you were missing a name

加油,祝你圣诞快乐,期待你下一个版本的CM10

Come on, Merry Christmas to you, look forward to the next version of the CM10

Guest alkalinorap

does the author of this CM project (both cm9 and 10) plan on making any one of them viable or he is just throwing people a bone? I have CM roms on 2 other devices and this one is for the third and I must say this is a waste of time for developer and for users. This is like ~50% of CM for this phone. CM is supposed to provide clean android experience with some integrated options. CM9 and CM10 from this developer provide semi functional devices with even basic features such as led blinking not working. What gives?

Do or do not.

edit: to make it clear: feel free to hate my observation but it is true. None of this CM builds that dazzozo has made are any good. They are like a preview of what you get from better devs on a bit more expensive devices. Chances are that we are better off with modded official made roms. I dont buy this crap about ondeamnd governors and noop tests, on all other devices I use that crap isn't true or viable. Touch screen is better on b952 stock/modded rom then on CM9/10. I tested it. You can too. So I just wonder - is having CM on my phone worth it over just having, say, Shendu rom? I tested both, it is not. CM is good but Dazzozo is way over his on this. Lot's of stuff is borked and in my opinion - not worth it. Looking at the development time, most of you who are reading this are going to have newer phones by the time this CM is completed. (IMO CM9 RC3 is the best for g300 at this point unless you are a child that likes to brag to his friends about having JB on his cheap ass phone).

Continue you the development of CM. We'll see if it's as easy as you say ;)

Guest fuddman

Wow, some crazy drunk posts here today!

Gotta say I've used CM builds on many devices before this one, and this one is definitely the most stable, bar a few minor issues it is pretty fantastic! And I'm a software tester in my work so I should know.

Still can't believe this phone only cost £100 and I'm using jelly bean on it, more than most people can brag on other more expensive phones.

Keep up the great work daz and merry Christmas!

Guest Dazzozo

edit: it is actually nice to see you here in this thread. People tend to think that you have no time for this, but I guess I have proven them wrong by steeping on your ego. :D

I long went to bed babe. Nice to see a Modaco glitch actually baited you.

For someone with all these devices you sure are pretty upset. :(

Guest Fagulhas

I'll throw a bone at this since i've done a few work at liblights in our current builds.

1) Go here https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?p=platform/hardware/qcom/display.git;a=blob_plain;f=liblight/lights.c;hb=jb_rel

2) Hack this libsource to call libhwrpc.so, something thats required for led blink and there's no source for it, its just a closed proprietary.

3) Add code on liblights to make LED blink thru libhwrpc functions.

4) Profit & brag.

Oeh and like Dazzozo said a few times already, Ascend G300 and the Sony Xperia J are currently the only msm7x27a devices being worked on and with unofficial builds. There's literally no support for it on the current state of the CM repos, but thats always something people overlook because they think this is just a simple task and all we have to do is edit one file. Its way more complex than you think. If you think it isn't. go buy a pretty little unknown device and add CM support.