[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest tcpaulh

You are correct!

Daz told us not to say on here but he managed to add virtual CPU cores.

...enabling smp on a single core did somehow make a difference :blink: (well it wasn't as good without it anyway).

Guest glorifiedg

Epic trolling is epic.

Having some issue on calls. People are telling me they can't hear me clearly and that my voice is failing every second. Will test it further.

Guest PaulMilbank

So would there be virtual CPU cores in the CM9 update too?

Yes but Daz can only make it a dual core. On cm10 he can make add 4 cores so CM10 is faster. Come cm10.1, who knows how many cores he could enable with the new kernel.

Guest Dante2070

Fist cm10 I really like. No freezes in the 2 days of usage. And LED light is back! Thanks Daz!

Does any of you guys know about Samba (transfer files via wifi, sdcard acts like thumbdrive)? It doesn't work that well on Jellybean. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good alternative.

Just as I got an Iphone 4s and found that Android does not compare to iOS. Whatever the struggle to make the Android software, will not ever get IOS performance.

:)

iPhone 4s: £450

Huawei Ascend G300: £99

What do you expect? Go try a Galaxy S3 and you might change your mind, its better than the iPhone by miles.

Edited by kyan31

Guest unaszplodrmann

Daz blatantly lifted the SMP hack from Infusion:

dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=u=n

Automagic virtual multi-core; the emperor doesn't have new clothes, he just has moar of them!

Guest popoyaya

Noticed some weird bugs with the Theme Chooser engine. A lot of CM10 themes not working, throw up the error "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied. Please report this incident to the author." Then mysteriously will work later. Also some live wallpapers don't work. I guess this is a Theme Chooser issue also.

Yes but Daz can only make it a dual core. On cm10 he can make add 4 cores so CM10 is faster. Come cm10.1, who knows how many cores he could enable with the new kernel.

You are right but you overlook virtual hyper threading which gives extra virtual cores but with combined memory access

so as long as each virtual core is accessing memory in the same 2gb address space then there is no additional performance hit

Few people are aware of this

Fist cm10 I really like. No freezes in the 2 days of usage. And LED light is back! Thanks Daz!

Does any of you guys know about Samba (transfer files via wifi, sdcard acts like thumbdrive)? It doesn't work that well on Jellybean. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good alternative.

alternatively you use FTP server on your phone , mi file explorer http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2051086 , but samba filesharing from the market still works, if even shows that - enabled not running .

Edited by valdek

Guest Colossae3.23

when I was a kid they called it a snipe hunt. Times sure have changed ;)

Guest Buffalo Soldier

After using R3 for a few days, I can say that it's great peace of work. I have just two problems:

1. Phone is slow on waking up from sleep, and I'm OC to 320/1190

2. In-call volume is still sometimes to high (it's always set to min level), but it's much better then on R2.

Guest brummieboi

Again, many thanks for the continued development of this ROM.

One issue I've encountered is on boot up. The unlock screen (I use a pattern) is constrained to the top 5mm of the screen. This leaves the wallpaper visible but nothing else. The touchscreen works and I can swipe a pattern to unlock the screen. When done correctly, the phone unlocks and the phone functions properly. The fault doesn't occur until next reboot.

Regards

Thanks Daz. R6 Great rom. IMHO first one, from CM10, for every day use.

Still I have one minor problem, I can't get led notifications to work. Am I missing something.

Edited by ppzero

Guest timfimjim

Thanks Daz. R6 Great rom. IMHO first one, from CM10, for every day use.

Still I have one minor problem, I can't get led notifications to work. Am I missing something.

Hi. CM10 latest build is R3, CM9 latest build is R6. Are you sure you're on CM10?

As for notifications, the notification LED is working for me (on CM10 R3). Try going to Settings / Display / Pulse Notification Light and see what your settings are. You need it to be enabled.

I hope this helps