[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Is there ANY camera apps that work properly on this ROM? Ive downloaded an MIUI one that worked well on 10.1 but the ROM was very unstable, gone back to R5 (CM10) and now this camera app doesnt work :(

Guest joandrade

Is there ANY camera apps that work properly on this ROM? Ive downloaded an MIUI one that worked well on 10.1 but the ROM was very unstable, gone back to R5 (CM10) and now this camera app doesnt work :(

Yes, because it's a third party camera app and CM9 and CM10 don't yet have the fix that Daz found. The next versions of both CM9 and CM10 will support third party camera apps.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Just have a dumb question :D

After Wipe Data/ Cache / format system can i go back to CM9 + ics gapps?

because i only would to test cm10 for one or two days

lol after first boot i get google speak service fc (On wizard)

And NO project butter ? Its not so smooth on scrolling

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Dazzozo have you heard about the entropy app called seeder.

The issue Seeder addresses is that Android draws from a predefined entropy pool—or set of random data—for almost all of its operations. When that limited pool of random data dries up, it has to rebuild itself, which results in delays while apps and services wait for the data they need.

Seeder takes the process that generates this data and runs it every second (it's extremely light on resources—this usually happens behind the scenes anyway, so you don't notice it), then feeds that information to a new random data pool that's constantly kept refreshed. Then, the app uses that fresh data to "top off" the system pool so it never runs out. That means you never have to wait for the generation service to start up and fill the pool with random data. The result? Almost everything about your Android phone is several times faster.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

Guest tcpaulh

We've discussed seeder. It does 'something' here but that may be a knock on secondary effect almost by accident. I'm still using it. Entropy on latest 4.2.1 was low (whatever that means) until I enabled it. It's a can of worms...

Guest HappyCerberus

Hi, this ROM is awesome, but I having this weird issue.

When on WiFi and with low signal, the system becomes incredibly laggy/choppy.

This doesn't happen with mobile data connection, or with high signal (although the phone does seem slightly less responsive even on high signal WiFi, but that might jus be observational bias).

Guest Caskarut

Is there a way to change the 'old-tv-app-closing-animation'? A bit too much for me...the rest works very, very good.

EDIT: just found it in the developer options under animation scale adjustment.

Edited by Caskarut

Guest mitudi21

Can someone help me i got a problem,really i can say that i don't really understand how to install this mod,if you make a video or something like that i'll apreciated...Thx

Tutorials already exist on how to root your phone, install a recovery (e.g. ClockWorkMod Recovery) and install custom ROMs exist already - for example here's a popular one but there are others:

http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

I followed that one to install different ROMs here (Infusion, CM10.0, CM10.1).

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest raverrr

A bit off topic : Is there any way to override Android's limitation that makes my phone ignore ad-hoc wireless networks( i am using linux, and i'd like to share my wired connection through wifi , i can do that in windows with Connectify, but I really hate windows ) ?

I have googled before asking here, with no luck so far (hostapd is not compatible with my network card or its linux driver ).

Search XDA there is a wifi supplicant.conf hack to enable ad-hoc. I used it in GB but never tried on ICS or above. good luck

Guest snowbord

Is there a way to get S2E or A2SD(GUI) working with this rom?

I tried the ICS initd.tar.gz unarcing into root/ method (hence system/ and data/) but all I got was a continuous android green man reboot cycle.

Some info here;

http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry1999664

and here;

http://www.modaco.co...le-s2e-in-g300/

Alternatively, has anyone discovered how to do a partition swap so the 2GB internal SD card can be used for apps?

To answer my own question, this works great!

hello I installed the rom but does not work what to do hotspot tethering help thanks :(

Already reported several times & no point in making duplicate posts....

Not sure if it's here or in the CM10.1 thread but a few others mentioned sdcard unmounts. I think that Dazzozo requested help (e.g. kmesg logs) to investigate. tcpaulh's signature (e.g. here ) explains how to collect log info.

Guest Anton Palitsyn

I have a question about unlocking on this ROM. I have given this phone to my uncle and it turned out that it was still locked on Vodafone. He has given me the IMEI number, so I can purchase the unlock code, but I was wondering what will need to be done in order to unlock it, as he is not getting a screen to enter the code but only a message that the sim is incompatible.

Guest bladebuddy
I have a question about unlocking on this ROM. I have given this phone to my uncle and it turned out that it was still locked on Vodafone. He has given me the IMEI number, so I can purchase the unlock code, but I was wondering what will need to be done in order to unlock it, as he is not getting a screen to enter the code but only a message that the sim is incompatible.

Return to a stock vodafone rom then unlock then back to CM.

Not sure if CWM stock rom's work ? If not update app dload method will definitely work.

What ROM is installed? I think you need to be on a stock ROM to use unlock codes?

Edit: post crossed with bladebuddy's :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest Anton Palitsyn

What ROM is installed? I think you need to be on a stock ROM to use unlock codes?

Edit: post crossed with bladebuddy's :)

OK :) Anyway to unlock if I am on this ROM?

You mean stock? Yes you can unlock etc. There are several tutorials on how to do this. Did you not do it before anyway? Or did you get the phone already rooted/and installed with a custom ROM?

Ignore me - I'm just confusing things! :o

Edited by dalyer

What happens?

I wouldn't use anything other than the gapps recommended in the original post in this thread.

Have you tried clearing data/cache for google play store (and services?) in case that helps?