[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest satanovsyn
hmm... i can't install some gapps because of incompatible to device. like adobe reader for example. am i do someting wrong? last update of PJ

sorry for my bad search skills )

+1 this must be fixed, otherwise is this ROM unusabble

1) remove your Google account in settings

2) launch play store and enter Google account details when prompted.

This worked perfectly for me when I was migrating from octojelly.

You could also try to remove device from your Google account using web browser on PC.

1) remove your Google account in settings

2) launch play store and enter Google account details when prompted.

This worked perfectly for me when I was migrating from octojelly.

You could also try to remove device from your Google account using web browser on PC.

This worked, although you should stick it into the first post i believe, since many people soon won't find it and i was almost already reinstalling another rom because of this. Otherwise it looks really really smooth (I already thought this about CFX2 and this is much faster) and is greatly balanced between phone and tablet versions - very good job with setting all those PPIs. I also like the bigger keyboard, a feature I wanted for so long :) Thank you very much for this awesome rom :)

Guest satanovsyn

This you should stick it into the first post i believe, since many people soon won't find it and i was almost already reinstalling another rom because of this. :)

+1

I will . When it happened to me I thought it was a matter of coincidence or the side effect of testing/ debugging. But now I see it's rather common.

Troubleshooting section added to the OP

Edited by C3C0

Yes. Although, to implement "tablet status bar on top" feature was not that straightforward as it was on CM9. Just for curiosity. Since JB, they changed the philosophy behind

navigation bar. Status bar on tablets is basically navigation bar (as we know it in stock UI - home, back, recents) but it is "dressed" like status bar. So basically I had to force "dressed" navigation

bar which is forcibly placed on bottom in PhoneWindowManager to go to the top and recalculate screen areas accordingly. And that's why changing the position requires reboot - it's quite a change in a way screen is organized.

Took me one night to cobble this together :)

https://github.com/P...9565c1262c38f95

Edited by C3C0

Guest Redstarr1

Yes. Although, to implement "tablet status bar on top" feature was not that straightforward as it was on CM9. Just for curiosity. Since JB, they changed the philosophy behind

navigation bar. Status bar on tablets is basically navigation bar (as we know it in stock UI - home, back, recents) but it is "dressed" like status bar. So basically I had to force "dressed" navigation

bar which is forcibly placed on bottom in PhoneWindowManager to go to the top and recalculate screen areas accordingly. And that's why changing the position requires reboot - it's quite a change in a way screen is organized.

Took me one night to cobble this together :)

https://github.com/P...9565c1262c38f95

Interesting to know. Anyway, statusbar should be on the top in a phone, would actually be a good option for PA on all phones. I'm just installing this now, had my Skate on OctoJelly but as I read you're dropping that one for understandable reasons, I'll switch over and just keep it on regular UI. My mom can't read small text very well anymore and Hybrid UI requires some tweaking sometimes to have the best settings for some apps.

Had a great laugh with the "WTF-shooting" :D.

Guest nemanjakrpovic

Unfortunately I cant agree with you. 2G is unusable. When I switch to 2g/3g phone sometimes(often) uses 2g network even there is 3g cover...cant say why. In the most of the plases where i used 3g with ParanoidAndroid, now im on 2g:(...i saw that many poeple have same problem with roms without this option when i looked for solution. Thanks anyway.

I see. The problem is that the toggles are 2-state only.

Solution would be to add another option into toggles settings to specify which mode should 2g toggle use:

2g/2g+3g or 2g/3g.

ok can we set these toggles to be centered

We are at the nitpicking stage at this point

I have no complaints other than the crazy vid colours that happen with browser vids

Guest ninja121

what abouth flash player on this rom?

i tryed versions 10.2 and 11 and none work with dolphin browser hd?

any solutions?

and gta 3 is not working, any fix?

Guest nemanjakrpovic

I think that would be great idea. Just switch between 2g and 3g, or option for both as you said. 2g/3g confuses phone...i am downloading 5mb file for 15 min on this mod although earlier speed was about 5-7mbps.

Edited by nemanjakrpovic

Guest jtharmor

Awesome! Once again great work C3C0 :D

Just a question, when trying to install some apps, from the play store, they show incompatible. There is anyway to fix it?

Remove your google account and open play store and add it again...........its mentioned on first page. Read instructions