[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 20/02]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

Hi,

I used to use Balance Update / USSD blocker / Quiet Balance ( https://play.google....te.quietbalance ) to block USSD popups in android versions from 2.3.6 to 4.1.2 and it worked perfectly. But with this build, the app doesn't seem to be able to catch the USSD message. I have found some reference as to how it is done : http://commandus.com/blog/?p=58 and http://habrahabr.ru/post/130717/ (in Russian). If some one could look into it and find out the differences between the android packages and make a patch, it would be helpful. Currently I have 5-20 popups (mobile data balance) to close on each wake :(

Other references :

https://code.google....ail?id=1285#c74

https://code.google....il?id=1285#c257

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest relaxpn

Stable and low battery drain, almost perfect :)

I was wondering why doesn't it come with Apollo and DSP manager integrated? I have managed to get the Apollo music player back but I can't get the DSP manager working again.

Can someone help me?

Guest JohnnyZTE

Does anyone else have a weird Wi-Fi problem, sometime it sees my router but gives up and just states ignoring poor Wi-Fi signal, what? Sitting right beside the router, then most other times it is perfect.

I got Rid of My Nexus N4 because of this very problem and I cried as if my Mother had just died handing it over to its new owner. Just wondering is this a 4.2.1, 4.2.2 thing, I know Google didn't fix the N4 with 4.2.2 and the owners are really pissed!

Believe it or not there is another 4 San Francisco’s in this house all on Fish and Chips and they are flawless.

Guest UselessMadao

Stable and low battery drain, almost perfect :)

I was wondering why doesn't it come with Apollo and DSP manager integrated? I have managed to get the Apollo music player back but I can't get the DSP manager working again.

Can someone help me?

Some news about Apollo http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/24/apollo-cms-music-player-pull-from-the-play-store-due-to-alleged-copyright-infringement/

The reaaon Apollo and DSP manager are not included is that this ROM uses the tiny.mk makefile from armv6 project to keep the size down, I could make zip of the teo if you want

Guest relaxpn

The reaaon Apollo and DSP manager are not included is that this ROM uses the tiny.mk makefile from armv6 project to keep the size down, I could make zip of the teo if you want

would be nice ^_^

Guest reedo_17

Hi just noticed blade got this change;

'Updated KGSL drivers. KGSL is the kernel part of the GPU driver, and the update fixes out of memory issues which usually resulted in white textures in games and demanding applications. It might also improve stability, there are loads of changes and many bugfixes in the new driver.'

I noticed my crescent get the white textures but would this change effect the cresent?

I think so, a few lines need to be changed in the kernel configs of the Crescent and it should work since the same kernel is used.

EDIT: yes it works

screenshot2013022719105.png

This game until now has suffered from the white textures bug

Here's a flashable zip of Apollo and DSPManager https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_f-rFtMJSdjbDVGR29kZnZPXzA/edit

Edited by gbosh

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Is no-one else getting the bug where the phone just won't show the interface? It's happened to me again, I turn on the phone, the boot animation shows up, the phone boots then nothing. The screen won't turn on but the hardware keys light up.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

I did "freeze" the default launcher with Titanium Backup because I use the Nova launcher, could that be why it's happening?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest reedo_17

Is no-one else getting the bug where the phone just won't show the interface? It's happened to me again, I turn on the phone, the boot animation shows up, the phone boots then nothing. The screen won't turn on but the hardware keys light up.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

I did "freeze" the default launcher with Titanium Backup because I use the Nova launcher, could that be why it's happening?

My vivacity did this on Saturday so i thought i would test the PAC Rom to see if i get this issue again but i dont really want the extra features of the PAC rom so im just waiting for a fix for this bug on this rom.

Edited by reedo_17

Guest Hydrosaure

Regarding the interface not showing up it happened to me once. The phone had already been running for a while and it was after an input of pin code when return from aeroplane mode.

One other weirdness I have, is the home screen not rotating. As soon as I launch any app it rotates fine but the home screen always stays in original position.

Anyone else getting this ?

Guest omegavesko
Regarding the interface not showing up it happened to me once. The phone had already been running for a while and it was after an input of pin code when return from aeroplane mode.

One other weirdness I have, is the home screen not rotating. As soon as I launch any app it rotates fine but the home screen always stays in original position.

Anyone else getting this ?

Have you enabled auto-rotate in the launcher settings?

Guest b166er

Just wanted to drop in and say cheers to Daz for keeping this handset alive :D

If it's any help to anyone, I've noticed that cycling through the screen brightness settings, leads to a completely blank screen.

It seems there are now 4 settings (I was used to 3 previously (auto, bright and half-bright). The fourth one appears to completely turn off the backlight.

Prior to figuring this out, I had been reflashing the ROM!

Guest maxou32

Just wanted to drop in and say cheers to Daz for keeping this handset alive :D

If it's any help to anyone, I've noticed that cycling through the screen brightness settings, leads to a completely blank screen.

It seems there are now 4 settings (I was used to 3 previously (auto, bright and half-bright). The fourth one appears to completely turn off the backlight.

Prior to figuring this out, I had been reflashing the ROM!

Yes me too ! it's unpleasant

Guest dimi89

I just badword up phone because messing with brightness and i cant see s*** can you tell me how to reset brightness i whould like to avoid re-fleshing phone bacause i need some messages that are on my phone ?

Guest gbosh

Try this in adb

adb -d shell# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.dbSQLite version 3.5.9Enter ".help" for instructionssqlite> update system set value=255 where name='screen_brightness';sqlite> .exit# reboot

If it doesn't work try flashing another ROM that doesn't have the bug and is based on 4.2 as well, like PAC-man over it without wiping. That could work

Edited by gbosh

@gbosh Hi mate, im fan of "plague inc" but its rather has white texture bugs. is there any way to make it fixed?

currently im in stock rom. its working nice with plague inc. but i like 4.2.2. more.

Guest omegavesko
@gbosh Hi mate, im fan of "plague inc" but its rather has white texture bugs. is there any way to make it fixed?

currently im in stock rom. its working nice with plague inc. but i like 4.2.2. more.

There's a fix on the kernel level that fixes this bug. We just got it a couple of days ago on the Skate, not sure if you guys have that yet.

Guest b166er

I just badword up phone because messing with brightness and i cant see s*** can you tell me how to reset brightness i whould like to avoid re-fleshing phone bacause i need some messages that are on my phone ?

You can also reboot the phone, unlock it by swiping upwards, then swipe right to move to the home screen with the Power Control widget on it and tap the brightness icon which is near the bottom right!

Guest UselessMadao

Hi, does anyone have a problèm with the usb storage? I just tried to connect my phone to the computer as usual but the SD card just won't show in Windows.

My USB cable works fine, and 1 out of 10 times there's a tiny chance that I can get it work....don't knoz why...

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi, does anyone have a problèm with the usb storage? I just tried to connect my phone to the computer as usual but the SD card just won't show in Windows.

My USB cable works fine, and 1 out of 10 times there's a tiny chance that I can get it work....don't knoz why...

I use FTPDroid (I have the Pro version though), much easier than gambling on the cable working, you just use an ftp client (like Filezilla) and connect to your phone like you would to an ftp server and move files that way :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa