[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest sporksnail

Thanks, Daz!

OTA install failed - CWM gave an error about incorrect symlinks then left the phone unbootable. Not to worry though - a full wipe and clean install later and I'm up and running again.

It's all looking smooth so far - another great release! My G300 was an impulse buy and that decision is now paying off thanks to this ROM. ^_^

I got the process system not responding warning after a reboot - just press wait and its fine

Yeah, I get this on boot also. Apart from that the only other thing I have had an issue with is Poweramp's widget to loading correctly on boot; previously you could start Poweramp via the widget but now the widget is 'dead' until you have manually launched Poweramp first. Once you start poweramp the widget works fine so it is no big deal.

Those small issues aside the rom is running very well indeed. Great work, Daz. It's amazing to have 4.2.2 running so well on the G300 so soon after it's release.

Yup battery drain is still present, lost 24% in 10h while asleep, phone was completely untouched the whole time. Left 3G on but from my previous experience switching to 2G doesn't seem to impact this the slightest...

Guest marcioo

Don't moan about it here. You can't expect great performance from a single core device. Usually the B952 based ROMs perform well with games, so try one of those.

If You try CM10 you Will See That Games Work So Great ;)

Guest tilal6991
Yep, got the system not responding. Oddly, I didn't get it when I was testing before. Force closing it doesn't do anything either. :P

Konstat reverting a commit apparently fixes this.

Guest tcpaulh

Yup battery drain is still present, lost 24% in 10h while asleep, phone was completely untouched the whole time. Left 3G on but from my previous experience switching to 2G doesn't seem to impact this the slightest...

I had this on a previous build until I formatted the system partition + did a factory reset + reinstalled rom and correct google apps.

Guest philip1

Hi,

Tried doing this by rebooting holding in volume increase button, wiped data and then install update from sd card. It tries to start doing it but then just brings up installation aborted message. I have tried several times. I did format sd card first and put the two download folders (from post 1) on the sd card. Have I missed something obvious? Does it being 1 class 10 32 Gb sd card matter?

Thank you

Guest kashmiri

Hi,

Tried doing this by rebooting holding in volume increase button, wiped data and then install update from sd card. It tries to start doing it but then just brings up installation aborted message. I have tried several times. I did format sd card first and put the two download folders (from post 1) on the sd card. Have I missed something obvious? Does it being 1 class 10 32 Gb sd card matter?

Thank you

Double-check if the phone is rooted.

I had this on a previous build until I formatted the system partition + did a factory reset + reinstalled rom and correct google apps.

Already did this mate, factory reset + full wipes on the mount and storage in CWM. Also formated both the sdcard and the 2GB internal card. The system partition is included in all of that, right?

Something odd, my phone doesn't vibrate when I get a new sms despite everything setting beeing turned on. Never had this happen before.

Btw, what's the message app or whatever allowing for the pop up when receiving an sms and the "reply" and "read" options in the notification bar? Is it something exclusive to CM10 or can I get it somewhere else to use it in whatever rom? That's one hell of a useful feature that I can't find anywhere else. :)

Edited by kupp

Guest semper fidelis

Hi,

Thank you

When phone is rooted, apear SUPERUSER. If you do not have SU, try to reroot. Try this.

Guest BadarChaudhry

I installed 4.2.2 at night while at 77% battery, downloading OTA and by the time installation completed it was down to 73%. 10-15 min usage on wifi and dropped to 71%. after that phone in sleep with wifi on and on 2G. 10 hours later its on 69%. I'm happy.

BUT i did had problem like u on 4.2.1 before i install and did Battery Calibration. Its been good now.

Edited by BadarChaudhry

Guest philip1

Thanks. I am now rooted and have superuser in apps. I still get the application aborted message. When I downloaded the 2 downloads from post one I take I just copy the complete downloaded folders to the sd card or do I have to just copy certain files from them?