[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest samjam

Installed update and rebooted.

Google search, play, Facebook etc all kept quitting.

So I used opera to download new gapps but reboot before installing gapps optimizes 11 more apps and all works.

What happened? Did it OK install gapps by magic?

Guest rebas

You could like, ask before you redistribute, but never mind.

I'm sorry. I had a big problem with editing file Settings.APK. I just wanted to help other desperate users.

Guest jamie_w

Thanks Daz and everyone else involved. I haven't had chance to check everything, but I've noticed Tvcatchup is still not working, all I get is playback has ended. Has anybody got it to work?

Edited by jamie_w

Guest TangerineTractor

All seems to be working fine, smooth and quick. Not yet been able to test the issue of mobile data not reconnecting after leaving my home wifi yet.

Guest AussieExpat

You don't need to wipe if you've ota from 10.1 R2 but its recommended if you've come from 10 R6 for example.

Like Dazz (heaps of thanks, btw!!!) I wasn't "happy" with the alternative "distribution channel", but can appreciate if it was to legitimately save people the trouble of dealing with a separate settings.apk install --

BUT is this settings.apk essential, or can one safely OTA without worrying about it??

Guest Higgy69

The modified Settings.APK as far as I can tell is only for us who like to have 'Volume to wake'.

So if you don't use 'Volume to wake' then OTA should be fine.

Guest AussieExpat

The modified Settings.APK as far as I can tell is only for us who like to have 'Volume to wake'.

So if you don't use 'Volume to wake' then OTA should be fine.

many thanks for the prompt reply

Guest lejkabasz

Congrats, almost all issue's has gone so far, I can't customized led colors- found only this. Can I install any kernel here?

Edited by lejkabasz

Guest TangerineTractor

Hi,

do I have to reset/wipe my phone after OTA-Update?

Personally, I'd recommend a full wipe on any new rom - that's the only way you can really be sure that you haven't got any legacy incorrect or redundant settings and files. I'd also reinstall all apps rather than restoring from a backup. I can wipe and reinstall in about an hour, which is time well spent compared to fiddling about upgrading.

Guest AussieExpat

Many thanks for this Daz. Looks loaded with fixes for the niggles. I know we can be a real pain in the neck sometimes. I want you and everyone who works on this rom to know how much we appreciate the hard work.

Tonight I have: new rom to install, boyfriend working away and a Green and Blacks Easter egg all to myself. Looking like an excellent evening. Ta!

Google Play is now downloading 62 apps. New ROM fun!

CHANGELOG AVAILABLE? Sorry for this typical newbie question: but could someone please post me a link as to what's new in CM10.1 R ??

Guest soul_0830

OK back from CM 9.1 to CM 10.1 R3. (Did a clean install with wipes and factory reset)

So far so good. This will be a keeper if the Loss of GSM signal issue is resolved in this build.

Thank you Dazzozo and all developers for this wonderful rom,

Guest Liesse

CHANGELOG AVAILABLE? Sorry for this typical newbie question: but could someone please post me a link as to what's new in CM10.1 R ??

Look at the first page of the thread. Second post for issues. Third post for changelog.

Guest AussieExpat

Look at the first page of the thread. Second post for issues. Third post for changelog.

error downloading file ==> error updating

apparently there was a problem during the downloading of the new update R3 and my system stopped installation, and went to re-boot, but it's been "stuck" on the Huawei Ascend splashscreen for over 30 minutes ---

do I need to do something? if so, what?

Guest AussieExpat

Many thanks!!! Sorry, again, for the newbie question, but really appreciate the prompt reply.

Guest Liesse

Just to TRY and keep this on topic about Daz's grand new rom: Loving it so far. It's fast, smooth, keyboard lag on swifkey is noticeably gone; no reboots or other nasties yet. Can't wait to see if the battery life is better!

do I need to do something? if so, what?

Might I suggest reading some install guides again? Just so you know EXACTLY what to do. Experience will teach you most, but this is dealign with things that can wreck your phone. You've probably now realised the horrible sinking feeling when you think you might have bricked it. It's not nice. Read as many guides and threads as you can. This is why I use a £100 phone; if I bricked an S3, it would matter more; with this it is not the end of the world.

This is what I'd do. Other people and guides may suggest something else:

Pull the battery. Wait a bit. Turn phone on with vol up pressed to get into clockwork.

Download the ROM again on your PC. Make sure it completes. Dowload G Apps too. Find the "mount USB storage" option in clockwork on your phone (can't remember exactly where it is, sorry) and click it. plug phone into PC and stick the rom on your phone -- PC should see it as you have mounted USB storage in clockwork (no go? Do you have the proper USB drivers for the handset installed?). Make sure you copy the G apps across too. Make sure you copy to SD card, not internal phone storage.

Wipe Data./ Factory reset in clockwork.

Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.

Use 'install zip from external' in clockwork and install the ROM you downloaded and copied over. When its done, install Gapps. use 'reboot phone' option in clockwork.

Wait at least 15 minutes. Hope you get CM loading screen. If phone is still not doing anything (does not look like a phone or give first 'new phone screen'), go back to whatever rom you had last time that didn't give you problems. Do more reading and research on these forums and internet before you try again. Good luck.

edit: Starting places for you = Any thread in here where someone asks a question. Try here or here and here. Any threads on clockwork. This thread. Read them all, right the way through. Use the search function too.

Edited by Liesse

Guest Higgy69

Congrats, almost all issue's has gone so far, I can't customized led colors- found only this. Can I install any kernel here?

I would not install another Kernel at the moment. I thought there Daz has done things to help/improve JB so changing the Kernel might cause problems.

You can OverClock the standard Kernel anyhow so why do you want to change? - Goto: Settings - About Phone and keep taping ' CyangenMod Version' or 'Build Number' and you will become a 'Developer' you then have a 'Performance' menu in Settings that you can O/C etc.