[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Does unlocking the bootloader with the official code help with the signal drops, or should I not bother with it if I don't have random reboots?

Guest Patty1961

Hi all. I'm just a newbie so I hope that this isn't a dumb question.

I have downloaded & installed the latest ROM on my phone & it works really well. I am very impressed! I am having an issue with my 2G & 3G connection though, in that some of my apps aren't connecting to the internet. My Browser connects to the internet but my other apps don't seem to at all. It all works fine on wifi, it's just my 2G & 3G connections.

Is there something that I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks heaps!

Guest Pyntux

Does unlocking the bootloader with the official code help with the signal drops, or should I not bother with it if I don't have random reboots?

Hi all. I'm just a newbie so I hope that this isn't a dumb question.

I have downloaded & installed the latest ROM on my phone & it works really well. I am very impressed! I am having an issue with my 2G & 3G connection though, in that some of my apps aren't connecting to the internet. My Browser connects to the internet but my other apps don't seem to at all. It all works fine on wifi, it's just my 2G & 3G connections.

Is there something that I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks heaps!

Unlock bootloader official... :)

Guest akuci

So, I'm wondering about official bootloader unlock, but, I must ask something..

My bootloader is already unlocked, does it need to be locked, and then officialy unlocked again?

Guest niavlys1

I officially unlocked the bootloader and installed the 20130605 nightly at the same time. I've had 3 days without network loss or any reboot. Before that (on R4 and bootloader unoficially unlocked) I had to reboot or was rebooted almost every day.

So I don't know if the improvement comes from the rom or the method to unlock the bootloader, or probably both, but now this rom is totally usuable and works really great!

Guest SyrupDErable

Hi again all. Sorry to be so ignorant, but how do you unlock the bootloader? I'm just a Newbie. :wacko:

Thanks.

2 ways -- unofficially, and officially - unofficially you've probably already done, if you've been able to install this ROM already;

officially, by entering a code -- the speciic procedure is obtained through a link contained in previous posts, so search for it, and requires entering a code obained from Huawei -- sometimes they respond quickly, sometimes not -- hence the previous post -- unlocking it offically is recommended, and is thought to avert problems in rebooting discussed in previous posts --

do a search for what you're interested in!!

Guest ZoomG

i just made a search through this topic and couldn't find any structured Info about how to unlock the boot loader officially, i would really appreciate if someone who knows would explain it in here , as i see more ppl dont get how to do it, i'm sorry if i repeat someone's question though ... thx for your help (that i hope i will get)

Guest SyrupDErable

i just made a search through this topic and couldn't find any structured Info about how to unlock the boot loader officially, i would really appreciate if someone who knows would explain it in here , as i see more ppl dont get how to do it, i'm sorry if i repeat someone's question though ... thx for your help (that i hope i will get)

One of thhe ESSENTIAL rules for ANY topic area on this site is that people do searches BEFORE asking questions -- if you had done such a search, which I can't believe you did, you might have found this llink:

http://www.modaco.co...code-of-huawei/

but don't miss that last post in that thread -- links to a tutorial with definitions

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest SyrupDErable

i did made a search, believe it, maybe i wasnt too smart to find it, but anyway thx for the response

doing a search for "unlocking bootloader huawei g300" yields 16 items, the very first being the link to the tutorial --

frankly I'd think "constructing" such a search term would be fairly simple

Guest jiri.bati.novak

hello,

I have come from the land of stock ICS B952GV right to the CM 10.1 train :) and while I don't see any trouble using nightlies, asides of it being a bit cpu/battery hog, but still manageable, I have found strange GPS behavior - most of apps like 1weather etc. when inside building get location fairly quickly from network data (2-3 secs tops), then GPS blinking status icon disappears. Not so on CM 10.1, where GPS icons blinks away and GPS process consumes battery, until there is proper fix on satellites... is this the standard way of doing location on jellybean/CM 10.1? If so, then back to ICS-land for me :(

Guest predragiPredrag

hello,

I have come from the land of stock ICS B952GV right to the CM 10.1 train :) and while I don't see any trouble using nightlies, asides of it being a bit cpu/battery hog, but still manageable, I have found strange GPS behavior - most of apps like 1weather etc. when inside building get location fairly quickly from network data (2-3 secs tops), then GPS blinking status icon disappears. Not so on CM 10.1, where GPS icons blinks away and GPS process consumes battery, until there is proper fix on satellites... is this the standard way of doing location on jellybean/CM 10.1? If so, then back to ICS-land for me :(

Use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Double.FasterFix and set gps server to your country/continent :)

CM roms have server set to American satelites

Guest solrakk6

Hi Dazzozo, ;)

1st thk you for make it possible!!

So i run the ics rooted with bb2030

Can i flash the cm10.1 over cwm without any problems? No need partitioning? Just flash!?

tahks

If i want return, can i flash my backup? just like that?! :ph34r:

Edited by solrakk6

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Just flash it before 2 an half houres and batterlife is good in my opinion. (had 50 percent on flash and now 20 percent after over 2h display time)

Just we all know: Good performance on daily things as mail ect. But game performance is poor. But hey this is a budget phone.

Game on a nexus 7 ;)

Guest Patty1961

Thanks for the link re-Unlocking Bootloader. I too couldn't find it but I was searching this thread for it. :wacko: I am new to this, as you can tell lol.

I have another question & that is, apparently unlocking the Bootloader just fixes the problem of the phone rebooting when using 3G, I don't have this problem, my problem is that some of my apps can't access the internet while on 3G, will unlocking the Bootloader fix this problem? All of my apps can access the internet on wifi, it's just the 3G that is the problem. Some of them work fine on 3G whereas others come up with the error message "can't connect to the internet".

Thanks once again.

Guest SyrupDErable

Thanks for the link re-Unlocking Bootloader. I too couldn't find it but I was searching this thread for it. :wacko: I am new to this, as you can tell lol.

I have another question & that is, apparently unlocking the Bootloader just fixes the problem of the phone rebooting when using 3G, I don't have this problem, my problem is that some of my apps can't access the internet while on 3G, will unlocking the Bootloader fix this problem? All of my apps can access the internet on wifi, it's just the 3G that is the problem. Some of them work fine on 3G whereas others come up with the error message "can't connect to the internet".

Thanks once again.

YES well, maybe

IF the problem is caused by bootloader problems

BUT this is assuming a number of "facts not in evidence". especially

• you have a quality, stable, 3G connection -- but we don't know anything about that, your country, your carrier etc etc

BUT:

do the apps work on 2G???

what apps do you have problems with???

In short, IMHO, you're trying to ask: will this solution work for "this problem" without knowing what "this problem" really is

I've worked with a number of phones, with a number of different ROMs and had this problem before, BUT not with this phone, and not this operating system, and it's been resolved by simply resetting the network connection

Some people seem to have discomfort with rebooting their phones and resetting their connections (but good idea to do it at least daily), sometimes this solves some simple problems, sometimes not -- in short, we don't know WHAT is causing the problem, and it may well not be anything to do with this phone, or this ROM -- and that's why "God" invented Google, this probllem has been experienced with other phones/ROMs and is discussed elsewhere on the 'net, where you can get ideas, but for now:

how about putting the question to the other (unlocking bootloader) topic area?

how about testing what sort of signal strength you have on the various network types, see this:

http://www.androidau...st-apps-209242/

a number of ROMs sometimes have problems with signal loss, including this one, so as a final suggestion, look into those posts, too

if you follow these steps, you'll either find the solution for yourself or "have more facts in evidence"

one of the other "rules" for this area is also to have a logcat of problems experienced, which might help: see

https://play.google....i5sb2djYXQiXQ..

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest SyrupDErable

navigation app not in room plzz tel me how to install huawei u8815 official navigation app plzzzzzz i need

any particular reason you want the "official" Huawei navigation a, app? -- Is there one??

It's been a long time since I was on stock huawei rom, but I can't remember it having one, other than it coming with Google Apps (GAPPS) -- Google Maps - not to mention the numerous other navigation apps available on the Play Store site

But you are right, it's not in the ROM, but GAPPS can be downloaded separately and flashed -- be sure you get the JB version, not the pre-JB one.. this link is actually on the first page of this topic, but again:

http://goo.im/gapps/...0301-signed.zip

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Maps can't locate me ?

Why? I enable GPS....

Sorry. Jelly Bean Bug Feature. You must first enable it on google settings (from app drawer)

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest solrakk6

i on the ics rooted with bb2030 and cwm

Can i flash the cm10.1 over cwm without any problems? No need partitioning? Just flash!?

tanhks

If i want return, can i flash my backup? just like that?!