[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fussyfella

I'm a bit lost -- only  recently updated to the ROM using internal SD card as the default storage location

I've been used to using apps like Force2SD and All-in-One Toolbox for moving apps from internal storage to external, leaving the ROM to automatically store what materials it wants on the internal card (hence it's rarely used)

Now, All-in-One, as one example, isn't recognising the internal SD card

if I were to do another update I assume I'd "lose" the apps from the External SD card again, and hence need them to be installed on the internal SD card

what's the best way of moving / installing apps to the internal card -- is there a "default storage location" -- I would have assumed it's the internal card, BUT ,,,,

what's the best way of moving / installing apps to the internal card -- is there a "default storage location" -- I would have assumed it's the internal card, BUT ,,,,

Do a backup with RomToolbox or Titanium backup. Do a clean install, then restore the backup.

I've done this with RomToolbox pro.

I fixed problem with swapping storage and not working usb mass storage.I modified vold.fstab back to default and added line "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" to build.prop.After reboot storages are swapped and usb mass storage is working. I used it in latest version (20130927).

Guest marcars

I fixed problem with swapping storage and not working usb mass storage.I modified vold.fstab back to default and added line "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" to build.prop.After reboot storages are swapped and usb mass storage is working. I used it in latest version (20130927).

hey thanks for your trick. It works great. Now my default storage is sdcard0:) do you know how can i change that the system sees /sdcard/sdcard1 as /sdcard/sdcard0. in root you have /sdcard and /storage. I want to have that when i go to /sdcard  than it shows a content from my external card.

Edited by marcars

Guest acaalek

Hi guys, I'm currently using 20130906 build and I have encountered a little problem.

During the calls (both incoming and outgoing) at some point my phone just goes mute, I can hear them but thay can not hear me.

Any ideas how to fix it and if it can be fixed? Thx

Guest apopberz

I've been trying to flash cm-10.1-20131004-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip over the top of a working install of cm-10.2-20131007-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip and i keep getting stuck on the Cyanogenmod boot screen. Is there something else I need to be doing in order to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2.2?

Also, if it's relevant Im using baseband 2030

edit: just flashed Slim-u8815-4.2.2.build.8-UNOFFICIAL-20130804-1311.zip and had the same result, so i'm pretty sure it's to do with going backward from 4.3 i'm just not able to find the info on what needs to be done to be successful in downgrading.

Edited by apopberz

Guest fussyfella

I've been trying to flash cm-10.1-20131004-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip over the top of a working install of cm-10.2-20131007-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip and i keep getting stuck on the Cyanogenmod boot screen. Is there something else I need to be doing in order to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2.2?

Also, if it's relevant Im using baseband 2030

edit: just flashed Slim-u8815-4.2.2.build.8-UNOFFICIAL-20130804-1311.zip and had the same result, so i'm pretty sure it's to do with going backward from 4.3 i'm just not able to find the info on what needs to be done to be successful in downgrading.

did you do full wipes?

once it's installed, you'll have to install the old gapps, not the one for 4.3

Guest apopberz

Figured it out. I was doing a flash, then the gapps (right version) cache wipe, then dalvik cache wipe then reboot, crash. I wasn't doing the 'factory reset' seems the 4.3 version of the userdata/config was preventing 4.2.2 from booting.

Guest fussyfella

Figured it out. I was doing a flash, then the gapps (right version) cache wipe, then dalvik cache wipe then reboot, crash. I wasn't doing the 'factory reset' seems the 4.3 version of the userdata/config was preventing 4.2.2 from booting.

that's why I asked if you had done a FULL wipe -- always a good idea when installing a new ROM, provided you've got a backup, which is also a good idea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fussyfella

OK, what have I missed -- I've tried several times to OTA nightly of October 18, but each time I've got the error response -- failed to open, no such file or directory  -- clearly I've missed some change.

Any ideas?

I'm currently on nightly of September 27th -- given ongoing problems with 10.2, I haven't seen any need to change -- Hey, I like using MX Player :-)

(and I've seen 10.2 still has problems with that)

Guest beermad

Fantastic work Dazzozo. Thanks for rescuing my G300 from Gingerbread mediocrity.

One general question to anybody using this ROM, has anyone found a solution to the flickering maps problem?

It seems to be to do with Google Maps themselves rather than something specific to this ROM, but is a bit of a pain as I'm in the process of developing a maps app myself - it doesn't do my credibility much good when I show someone and it's jumping all over the place.

Thanks

Tony

Guest bidzapfc

While somewhere on internet....

"For me, if I see that Google Maps have corrupted graphics, I just close it, then immediately reopen the app. At most, on the 2nd reopen, the glitch is always gone. No idea if I am "lucky" or not, but it works for me."

Guest beermad

"For me, if I see that Google Maps have corrupted graphics, I just close it, then immediately reopen the app. At most, on the 2nd reopen, the glitch is always gone. No idea if I am "lucky" or not, but it works for me."

It seems very random to me. Sometimes it'll start fine. Other times, as you say, a restart or two will see it looking OK.

I suspect something odd affecting it most times it starts, but can't pin anything down.

Seems to be a common problem on lots of phones/ROMs with Gmaps 7.

Would downgrading to Gmaps 6 be an option for the moment?

6.14.4 is the last Gmaps 6 before 7 - the APK is bound to be out there somewhere.

Edited by dalyer

Guest beermad

Seems to be a common problem on lots of phones/ROMs with Gmaps 7.

Would downgrading to Gmaps 6 be an option for the moment?

6.14.4 is the last Gmaps 6 before 7 - the APK is bound to be out there somewhere.

Seems like there are various versions including 6.14.3 on http://www.androiddrawer.com/9559/download-maps-6-14-3-app-apk/ - anybody know if it's a legitimate, trustworthy site?