[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest dubitoergosum

Oh yeah, you're right!

Just go to cwm and flash the rom which you can download it in the OP.

Well, I thought if I'd press upgrade in the menu it'd just do everything by itself. I'm very new to this, took me about 5 hours to upgrade from GB to ICS and then CM10.1, this is my first smartphone ever.. :)

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Edited by dubitoergosum

Guest NikitoGR

Hi,

I have tried to unlock the bootloader (ICS B936, beseband 2030), but after the restart phone showed me this:

Your appboot image may have an incorrect signature.

Please update your image to a signature official one.

You can remove battery for power down.

I solved the problem by flashing with ICSB952 :).

So, the question is: how to unlock the bootloader? If I will try with the same metod (this is the method that I tryed, and I was stuck at step 13 (linux page)) on this new ROM, it will work or no?

Sorry for my bad english...

Did you flash the latest updates? After the latest updates, you will be able to unlock the bootloader and flash this rom.

Guest NikitoGR

Well, I thought if I'd press upgrade in the menu it'd just do everything by itself. I'm very new to this, took me about 5 hours to upgrade from GB to ICS and then CM10.1, this is my first smartphone ever.. :)

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Did you manage to install the rom?

Guest marius.marusnaici

Did you flash the latest updates? After the latest updates, you will be able to unlock the bootloader and flash this rom.

What do you mean by latest updates?

Guest sporksnail

s***, I just upgraded (or wanted to at least..) to this from the 4.2.1, something failed and now my phone won't start. It turns on and the only thing I can see is the Huawei Ascend logo. Can anyone help, what should I do?

I had the exact same problem with the OTA update. As NikitoGR suggested, try using CWM to flash the ROM downloaded from the OP - this worked for me.

Edit: I see it also worked for you. :)

Edited by sporksnail

Guest mcpaddington

I know it's recommended to do a factory reset but can I just update OTA without a wipe? Without any major bugs?

Edited by mcpaddington

I would recommend a clean install since you're upgrading Jelly Bean, and not just going from an R1 to an R2.

Most problems occurring after an OTA upgrade are not evident after a fresh install.

Guest jordanclarke69

If you install another camera app, swiping to camera widget wil give you the choice and the default checking option.

this worked the first time, but then defaulted to the stock cam. i uninstalled and reinstalled camera ics, and it still doesn't give me the option of changing the camera widget. then i installed silent camera and it still doesn't give me the option of changing the widget camera.

any ideas how i fluffed this one up?? and a way to rectify please?

Guest firestomper

Hi, am wanting to update my phone from ICS to JB, but would like to know a few things before doing that.

1. Which release from the snapshots do i take?

2. What will happen with all my programs and data that is on the phone? will this be erased or kept, if i have it stored on the sdcard? Will i have to reinstall all my programs again?

Guest brummieboi

BBC iPlayer crashes every time on me after a OTA upgrade from R1

I get this as well. Deleted cache on both the BBC iPlayer and BBC Media Player apps. Have also uninstalled and reinstalled them both. It says "Unfortunately, BBC iPlayer has stopped".

Guest NikitoGR

I think that the phone was not rooted (step 3) when I was re-rooted him (on step 6)...

could that be the problem?

As i said in my edited post before the bump post, you should root your phone. Yes it's the root of the problem. Please always follow the guides from the beginning.

Thanks Dazzozo!!!!

It is so exciting to have latest android on this device!

Phone is for a few hours with R2 works nice.

-camera lags

- in call sound is not possible to decrease(is there any workaround?)

-chrome still has scrolling problems

Edited by yrxe

Guest NikitoGR

Thanks Dazzozo!!!!

It is so exciting to have latest android on this device!

Phone is for a few hours with R2 works nice.

-camera lags

- in call sound is not possible to decrease(is there any workaround?)

-chrome still has scrolling problems

Read the previus posts. They were been answered

Guest Dellboy2012

this worked the first time, but then defaulted to the stock cam. i uninstalled and reinstalled camera ics, and it still doesn't give me the option of changing the camera widget. then i installed silent camera and it still doesn't give me the option of changing the widget camera.

any ideas how i fluffed this one up?? and a way to rectify please?

Menu button>Manage apps>Gallery>Delete data

"i don't suppose you know of a way to add facebook messages to a lockscreen widget too?? or do i have to wait for facebook to create a widget for it?"

Just wait till fb creates one.

Edited by Dellboy2012